How often do you practice?
(04-17-2019, 12:57 PM)Geo Silberzahn Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 10:49 AM)Nuno Severiano Wrote: Been practicing an hour a day.

Enviado de meu LYA-L09 usando o Tapatalk

Huh Are you learning something with your hour a day.
Yes, but in terms of consistentcy that is a hole new matter. Had the day off today and I must have been experimenting with darts, stance, grips, etc. between 5 and 6 hours , but to sum it up, it was a bit frustrating because I can't say that completely solved any of the things I was testing .
Monday thru Thursday I try to get in an hour each day I work 10 hour shifts 4 days a week Friday, Saturday, and Sunday I usually play 2-3 hours or more.
180's (2019) = 67
Highest checkout = 139
Current match darts - Unicorn JW Phase 1 Purist 22g
I'll do anywhere from 30mins to 90 mins per day. It will be broken up into a few different sessions of 10-20 mins.
I'll split between some games of SIDO 300.
Then I'll do some focused targeting of 60/57/51/54/45/30 and bulls.
Then I'll throw a few at D20/10/5/16/8/4/2.
I also play a game I call 48.
Checkout 48.
16 D16
8 D20
or if you miss these, just finish out the number as you would in a normal game.

In between, I'll do some A1 type stuff too.
I've no set structure, but all of the above is relevant in any game, so therefore I play this at home with myself.
Rather than playing 501/301 etc, I just start on an even 300 and go from there. It gives me 1 or 2 scoring visits and then right onto finishing and doubles.
Just returned to darts, I used to only really throw darts with mates in put and occasionally at home, but after a break I'm looking at improving my game and however due to work my practice various Mon - Thurs between 30-90 Mins Weekends a couple of hours a day. However this week Work has taken over and been interrupting my practice which is currently trying to find what set up works best for me.
How many hours do you need to practice?
Do you practice non-stop 1 hour or divide 3 parts like 20 min- 20 min -20 min?
(05-17-2019, 01:25 PM)Adam Adam Wrote: How many hours do you need to practice?
Do you practice non-stop 1 hour or divide 3 parts like 20 min- 20 min -20 min?

Post merged into existing thread.  Subtle difference, but sure you'll get some ideas here. Wink
(02-17-2019, 11:46 PM)Richa Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 04:21 AM)italNZ Wrote: I try to practice every day.

Even if it's a very short time, like 20-30 mins, I'll have a throw.

I'm with you

Same. My board is set up in my home office, so I practice everyday, but very intermittently. I take a few throws while I'm waiting for water to boil, commercial break on tv, just walking by on my way to the bathroom, on the phone, before I walk out the door, when I get home, etc. My theory is that you should be ready to go with as little warm up as possible. If it takes you an hour to find your form that is going to hurt you when you have to stand around and wait for a game. I don't see any benefit in long practice other than stamina training, but in real life I'm not chain smoking games for hours on end. If you are then you may benefit from that type of practice. But for me I'd rather take about 30-50 throws 2+ times a day to stay sharp but not get burned out.
I try to throw now 25-30mins powerfully and then pause 5-10mins. Again same session and then I stop.
Usually 20-30 minute sessions 5 or times a day when the weathers bad. Less often when it's nice and I'm on the golf course or doing yard work.
Liberal heathen
I work from home and take a lot of conference calls. So I am constantly throwing all day while on calls.
I do 1 hour 2-3 times on weekday and 1.5-2H on the weekend. At the moment I'm not even couting my average.

I pratice around the world routine, throw a certain amount of dart at a number and Cricket. I use an app to track my number and compare a little bit. A new member will join the familly in the next days so I'll see how this affect my pratice time :-P
As often as I can...... helps me chill out from the wife and kids!!!! Lol
Currently only get a practice game with the missus on a friday night in the pub then play league on a monday.

We used to have a dart board in the kitchen until I bought the missus a bigger fridge freezer. Darts have definitely gone downhill. I just can't find another spot in the house to set up a board.
(10-19-2019, 10:59 PM)Tezcat Wrote: Currently only get a practice game with the missus on a friday night in the pub then play league on a monday.

We used to have a dart board in the kitchen until I bought the missus a bigger fridge freezer. Darts have definitely gone downhill. I just can't find another spot in the house to set up a board.

How about on the back of the bedroom door ?
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.
(10-19-2019, 11:19 PM)Borisbbadd Wrote:

(10-19-2019, 10:59 PM)Tezcat Wrote: Currently only get a practice game with the missus on a friday night in the pub then play league on a monday.

How about on the back of the bedroom door ?

Or maybe a hallway, any place I suppose would do - if you both LOVE darts, I bet you can find some place at home to practice - I sure enjoy throwing darts with CookinLady, I enjoy it so much we devoted a corner of our Music Room as "Dartsville", and we wouldn't even let Trump in our Music Room - LOL!

Hope you soon find a place to hang your dart board, so you and Mrs. Tezcat can enjoy playing darts together again at home!

EDIT TO ADD THIS;

CookingLady and I throw darts/practice about two hours each day - darting is new to us, and a lot of fun - PLUS it I something we can do together! I hope the "new" never wears off our throwing darts, if it doesn't at least in three years we will be WELL practiced, even if we are not very accurate - LOL!