throw feels short
Hello some months ago i posted here something, I tried to clear my mind, dont think about my throw.
But now some month ahead, i still can throw free. It feels my arm doesn't have a nice long stroke, it feels really short. I feel my arm stop moving..
Cant get any power behind the dart..

Anyone have tips? 

You would make my day, week, year actually.. FFS i hate myself. Wish i never changed throw and stuff
Try just concentrating on extending your arm straight out on your follow through without caring about where the darts land.
Somebody posted a video Paul Nicholson did on just this and he recommended throwing without a dart and working on your release. Check it out if you can.
And here's the vid:

I was just about to suggest the same as I'm helping my wife using that technique.

Very simple...No darts in hand, just follow-through and point at the board.
What Nicholson says is so true. I see it all the time with some of the local league players. They abbreviate their release and instead of following through with the arm straight out and hand facing the board, many of them finish their throw with their forearm straight up in the air at a 90 degree angle to their upper arm. I've never seen a player with that type throw go very far in darts.
Nicholson has a lovely throw, and his advice is sound.
Try throwing in the dark. Seriously! Great way to get in tune with your feelings and concentrate on the mechanics.
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=35964

[Image: 40044213562_88cce74fd0_b.jpg]

Target 9Five Generation 3s Cool  23.g (weighted 22s) 32mm points.  How can I miss with them arrows?  Undecided   

relax all your muscles right before you swing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-13-2019, 07:55 AM)DanC.Licks Wrote: Nicholson has a lovely throw, and his advice is sound.
Try throwing in the dark. Seriously! Great way to get in tune with your feelings and concentrate on the mechanics.
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=35964
I'll give this advice a try even though I don't want to make holes on my wall
Throw darts on board without watching and repeat routine untill you feel routine comfortable. Then start again as normal and let your hand move whole movement, elbow up and wrist bent in the end.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant find a throw or grip that feels right, need advice Liam Twigg 7 470 04-24-2018, 01:27 PM
Last Post: dj_stat8
  Grip feels uncomfortable Ben Cave 6 580 04-18-2018, 09:58 AM
Last Post: chak840
  Long vs short barrel Mattb0612 10 1,552 05-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Dazza1980
  Short Arming / Low Elbow with my Throw bjr990 30 4,786 09-20-2016, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  what feels right vs results mcockrell 0 339 01-08-2016, 11:00 PM
Last Post: mcockrell