Kind of surprised by the effort to keep flights on the shaft
I would suggest condors. I ran Cosmo's for a while but the condors seemed interesting. After trying them I dont see myself swapping.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
(02-12-2019, 01:27 PM)Butcher Wrote: When I first got into darts 15 years ago I remember hearing advice that if the flights came off when one hit another it was less likely to be deflected. Obviously flights coming off in flight would be a disadvantage, but popping off at the final inch from the board rather than being deflected would be an advantage.

But recently getting back into darts it seems like manufactures are making a big deal out of reducing the likelihood of the flight coming off. Was the initial advice I heard wrong or overstated?

To answer your original question. you heard it right, but it was overstated.
(02-12-2019, 05:27 PM)jt4527 Wrote:
(02-12-2019, 03:35 PM)Chappers Wrote: I tried the punch and both springs then titanium rings but didn't like it, yes the flight stays on but I was getting loads of Robin Hoods with the point getting caught in the ring.  Switched to L Style with metal champagne caps which has sorted the problem.

How do you feel that tiny extra bit of weight makes a difference over the standard plastic caps?

I didnt notice any difference at all.  I thought switching from normal flights to L Style might be tricky as they look a lot thicker and heavier, but again, I didn't notice a difference
Monster Helios 3 22g
Short black L Style carbon silent stems 
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
I use fit flights and shafts from cosmo they never come off.
Interesting.
Adrian Lewis Gen 2 23g
One80 G3
Kentucky Bourbon
Cosmo's prob solved bud
All I can say is you must be young....lol....the more "aged" you are,the harder it is to pick up those *&^%#$ things....If my eyes were better I would just leave them on the floor and put on a new one. I have been using the punched with the Tit ring, (easy boys,just short for titanium) and have been using Cosmos spinners lately with great results. I used to use the old Dynastar setup but the rattle noise was unsettling plus using them for soft tip was hard on the stems with all the bounce outs. I have been kicking around the idea of trying feather flights but just haven't pulled the trigger on those yet. Anybody else try them? Luck & shoot well.
(05-30-2019, 03:48 PM)Baloos Wrote: All I can say is you must be young....lol....the more "aged" you are,the harder it is to pick up those *&^%#$ things....If my eyes were better I would just leave them on the floor and put on a new one. I have been using the punched with the Tit ring, (easy boys,just short for titanium) and have been using Cosmos spinners lately with great results. I used to use the old Dynastar setup but the rattle noise was unsettling plus using them for soft tip was hard on the stems with all the bounce outs. I have been kicking around the idea of trying feather flights but just haven't pulled the trigger on those yet. Anybody else try them? Luck & shoot well.

That's "Ti" ring Baloos!  Lol
(05-30-2019, 04:18 PM)nixer55 Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 03:48 PM)Baloos Wrote: All I can say is you must be young....lol....the more "aged" you are,the harder it is to pick up those *&^%#$ things....If my eyes were better I would just leave them on the floor and put on a new one. I have been using the punched with the Tit ring, (easy boys,just short for titanium) and have been using Cosmos spinners lately with great results. I used to use the old Dynastar setup but the rattle noise was unsettling plus using them for soft tip was hard on the stems with all the bounce outs. I have been kicking around the idea of trying feather flights but just haven't pulled the trigger on those yet. Anybody else try them? Luck & shoot well.

That's "Ti" ring Baloos!  Lol

......................... ooops

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Playing without any effort or quit Troll 8 300 02-18-2019, 11:20 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Hey lads, could anyone tell me what kind of barrel this is called? Gunnersaurus 10 780 07-05-2017, 01:54 PM
Last Post: Chappers