helping developing my dart grip and equipment
Hello, everybody, I just realized that I have pretty much weird grip (I think) see pictures below:

I want to ask two things:

1) Is my grip too weird, should I try to change it or just go with it? 

2)Im looking for matching dart body, I think that because possible risk of rotating the dart in the grip:

I think that the six sided style grip could be good. Something like the Tartget Daytona, but I would like something little cheaper. 

Thank you for any help Wink

H
Hi,
I wouldn't worry about your grip.
You are using chrome-plated brass darts, be assured that everything changes as soon as you switch to tungsten. Big Grin 

Much better to try some cheap tungsten darts in different shapes and weights first, than to buy an expensive set.
(02-12-2019, 01:10 PM)Honziz Wrote: Hello, everybody, I just realized that I have pretty much weird grip (I think) see pictures below:

I want to ask two things:

1) Is my grip too weird, should I try to change it or just go with it? 

2)Im looking for matching dart body, I think that because possible risk of rotating the dart in the grip:

I think that the six sided style grip could be good. Something like the Tartget Daytona, but I would like something little cheaper. 

Thank you for any help Wink

H

there is no right or wrong if it suits you, only problem is that people who grip darts with fingertips tend to exaggerate the release and then every throw is slightly different... I was throwing like that for months and found out that I felt a lot better when I moved the grip on first knuckle... 
also, it is really hard to ˝inactivate˝ the thumb if it is pointed that way because dart should rest on a thumb and your dart looks like it is not resting anywhere...
Yeah, darts that I use now are bad, gripwise, everyone (me including) think that they feel slippery, so I would like to try better quality darts, but wich one should I try first? I know that the daytonas are pricey, the reason why I mentioned them is that they are the only ones with something close to hexagonal shape that I imagine would be useful for me.
(02-12-2019, 01:19 PM)Cateye Wrote: Hi,
I wouldn't worry about your grip.
You are using chrome-plated brass darts, be assured that everything changes as soon as you switch to tungsten. Big Grin 

Much better to try some cheap tungsten darts in different shapes and weights first, than to buy an expensive set.

Indeed, or to paraphrase Tommy Lee Jones in US Marshalls  'Get rid of those chrome-plated sissy pistols and get yourself to Darts Clearance' Wink
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
Your grip looks absolutely fine to me, you rarely see 2 people gripping the same way, there are so many ways to grip a dart and I don't think there is really a wrong or right way to hold it, just whatever feels comfortable for you. Look at Suljovic, very unorthodox, very effective!

Edit: these are a few of my favourite sets from Darts Clearance to consider. Not hexagonal grip but I wouldn't get too hung up on that, it's a pretty unusual grip and you will be ignoring some great darts...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tungsten-Dart...SwoZJb9pnQ

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pentathlon-Tu...SwVctY5ft8

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/24g-Tungsten-...SwQ59ZZKIw
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
@Chappers

thank you for you input, appreciate it. But I play only softtip now, but those steels that you found on ebay are nice tough.
I think everybody's grip is an individual thing. Use whatever feels comfortable to you.

I grip my darts the same way you do.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

I grip exactly like you . I use the gap between thumb and index finger as scope
180-2(32)
[Image: lvnS5tM.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3_mUOv_jGoysjynm41f...KJnZ__w9ge]
Can you tell me about the scope thing, I noticed that I can see the target nicely trough, but I wasnt sure that I could target with it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Just getting into darting and have equipment questions Sputnam 15 1,042 06-16-2019, 11:44 PM
Last Post: x-ring
  Equipment upgrade Sputnam 7 397 02-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Last Post: RobJon
  With this equipment, what would you set up? CalixNL 13 1,038 12-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Doctor Bones
  The Dart Surface Grip The D'Artist 32 19,792 04-08-2016, 01:28 AM
Last Post: philliesricky
  Developing arm extension without hyper extending the elbow skinnygav 8 2,848 10-10-2015, 08:59 AM
Last Post: Regulatori
  Helping someone with their aim/hitting the board. conanthewarrior 21 5,508 05-02-2015, 09:59 PM
Last Post: conanthewarrior