Not a Challenge, but a little Fun
Hello Challenge Junkies,

I have been doing some of the challenges and they are definitely fun.  But over the last week or two, I come up with some questions....

1. How do you decide when to start scoring?
  a. After x amount of practice throws, I will start.
  b. Do you start when you get a good score for the particular challenge
  c. Just pick a throw and say I am going to start now.  
  d. Something else???

2. Once you start a challenge, do you ever stop if things are not going well?

3. If you get interrupted during a challenge, after the interruption ends, do you throw some practice shots, or do you start right back up?

Just a little fun, maybe give you a little break from the challenges.

They have been killing me lately, I established my scores in 3 challenges within 2 days of starting them and have broken them since, oh well, more practice, I guess. 

Thanks,
Z
Started playing September 2018

Board - Winmau - Blade 5 Dual Core
Best Scoring Set of Darts - Harrows Wolfram Infinity 23g
Other Sets - Anderson Noir, Anderson 2 time Championship Phase 3, MVG Originals, and too many others to list.  

Best 501 game - 19 (steel tip); 15 (soft tip - 85-85-140-140->14 (missed 11), 5,D16) 
Best 10 Throw Average - 75.6; Best 33 Throw Average = 63.7
Overall Average (throwing 30 darts) - 53.54 trending toward 59
Number of 180s - 2018 = 5; 2019 = 14 
Highest checkout - 93 (T19 - D18)

I tend to chuck for 5 minutes just to warm up then. Then before a challenge a 6 dart countdown - these don't count but just gets my head in the right mind set before I chuck that first arrow.

If I muff up my first dart, then such is life. You have to be honest with yourself when you practice/

2 - Keep at it. It may be a bitter pill but you can look back, and see how much you have improved, or maybe see bad habits - could even be a chance for you to dig deep and pull out a good comeback. Maybe quote some Vince Lombardi to motivate yourself...You lose every single time you give up. or We didn't lose, we just ran out of time...

3 - I'd probably scratch it and start afresh. Maybe try shorter practice games if getting stopped constantly.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(02-12-2019, 11:39 AM)Ryk Wrote: I tend to chuck for 5 minutes just to warm up then. Then before a challenge a 6 dart countdown - these don't count but just gets my head in the right mind set before I chuck that first arrow.

If I muff up my first dart, then such is life. You have to be honest with yourself when you practice/

2 - Keep at it. It may be a bitter pill but you can look back, and see how much you have improved, or maybe see bad habits  - could even be a chance for you to dig deep and pull out a good comeback. Maybe quote some Vince Lombardi to motivate yourself...You lose every single time you give up. or We didn't lose, we just ran out of time...

3 - I'd probably scratch it and start afresh. Maybe try shorter practice games if getting stopped constantly.

Hello Ryk.
I don't really start over midway through a challenge....I am not consistent enough yet, so I can go on a good spell at any time and also go through periods where I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 3 feet.  But that is why I practice.  

As for starting off, I usually make sure I am warmed up good, then I usually do a 3 throw countdown before I begin.  I think that is what they do in the pro tournies, so I figured why not.  

Usually when I get interrupted, I will throw a couple of turns and fire it back up.  

In general, I have pretty good discipline with my practice...heck I try and record all my practice in a spreadsheet, so I can see if I am progressing.

Just having a little fun.

Thanks,
Z
Started playing September 2018

Board - Winmau - Blade 5 Dual Core
Best Scoring Set of Darts - Harrows Wolfram Infinity 23g
Other Sets - Anderson Noir, Anderson 2 time Championship Phase 3, MVG Originals, and too many others to list.  

Best 501 game - 19 (steel tip); 15 (soft tip - 85-85-140-140->14 (missed 11), 5,D16) 
Best 10 Throw Average - 75.6; Best 33 Throw Average = 63.7
Overall Average (throwing 30 darts) - 53.54 trending toward 59
Number of 180s - 2018 = 5; 2019 = 14 
Highest checkout - 93 (T19 - D18)

This is a good question. When do you feel ready to start? I can tell if it'll be a good day if my darts fly straight and high.
I play ProDarter a lot and after warming up A1 15: I get into it. I don't really hit my game for another 15: though. To me it's just practice anyhow.
i throw 9 darts as warmup at the start of a session, that's all. If I'm doing a challenge I'll just pick an arbitrary point and go for it, I don't restart partway but if it goes really badly I might go again straight after. I'm not consistent enough to get much better as a session goes on so it doesn't make sense to have a long warmup.
2019 180 count: 31 (2018 - 24 total)
501 best - 13 darts
Best out - 150 (t20, t20, d15) 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2014 DN Weekly Challenge: Week 31(chosen Milkysunshine-Fat Number Challenge) Milkysunshine 41 10,658 05-17-2016, 11:44 PM
Last Post: copigme