unicorn cabinet problem.
I have a unicorn cabinet and the problem is when the darts are in the doors and I shut them the dart flights get squashed on the dartboard.   But the doors will not shut fully is there a way to stop this happening without taking the flights of or shall i just put up with it.
(02-10-2019, 10:10 PM)Mark Hammond Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Put darts on top of cabinet. Or somewhere else. Or leave cabinet open.
You could always pull the doors off, add an additional piece of trim to the cabinet perimeter and remount the door that will be farther from the face of the dart board.
(02-10-2019, 11:25 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Man this sounds like a good idea.
Interesting question, and all the answers would work.  But it's not a good idea to leave darts in a sisal board.  It will inhibit those holes from "healing".  So I'd take the darts out.

cheers...
(02-10-2019, 11:25 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I can confirm this will work, I've done it myself.
When I bought a different board it was a lot thicker than the old one, I just glued and pinned a 10mm thick strip onto the carcass, moved the hinges and door would shut!
(02-11-2019, 12:56 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I do woodworking and have a pretty extensive shop at my house, so it's a piece of cake with something like this.   Probably less than 1/2 hour to do the work and remount the doors.     Finishing to match the cabinet will take longer if that anal about looks.
(02-11-2019, 12:57 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I always leave my darts in place if I have an impressive shot to intimidate my roommate. LOL
(02-11-2019, 03:45 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I guess there's exceptions to every rule - lol.
thanks for the replys at the moment I have just taken the flights off.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cabinet to hide dartboard? whippet0 16 1,880 11-17-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: whippet0
  DIY Dart Board cabinet Herushan 19 2,305 01-15-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Harry_