Feeling so frustrated
You’re in your third season, you lost a singles match to one of the top five dogs in your entire league and you’re bummed about it?   Sounds to me like a case of unrealistic expectations.   Whether any of us like it or not, losing games and matches is part of the overall league experience.   Nobody has a loss-free record.   IMO you need to readjust your expectations and learn to live with the unwanted, unpleasant outcomes that inevitably happen to every one of us.   Count yourself lucky that you didn’t have a freakishly bad night and get beaten to a pulp by one of the bottom five players in your league or some obnoxious fool who was so drunk he couldn’t even keep score (which can happen sometimes, too).

If you want a good structured practice regimen, look at the Flight School info here @ DNF.

Get over having lost a match, drop the memory, practice an hour every day at home and don’t let occasional losses bug you.   If you obsess over occasional losses it’ll drive you crazy, ruin your game and take all the enjoyment out of shooting darts.   Reserve getting bugged for when inferior players are beating you badly and regularly.   Good luck with how your league shooting goes from here.
(02-12-2019, 03:42 PM)Adams Wrote: You’re in your third season, you lost a singles match to one of the top five dogs in your entire league and you’re bummed about it?   Sounds to me like a case of unrealistic expectations.   Whether any of us like it or not, losing games and matches is part of the overall league experience.   Nobody has a loss-free record.   IMO you need to readjust your expectations and learn to live with the unwanted, unpleasant outcomes that inevitably happen to every one of us.   Count yourself lucky that you didn’t have a freakishly bad night and get beaten to a pulp by one of the bottom five players in your league or some obnoxious fool who was so drunk he couldn’t even keep score (which can happen sometimes, too).

If you want a good structured practice regimen, look at the Flight School info here @ DNF.

Get over having lost a match, drop the memory, practice an hour every day at home and don’t let occasional losses bug you.   If you obsess over occasional losses it’ll drive you crazy, ruin your game and take all the enjoyment out of shooting darts.   Reserve getting bugged for when inferior players are beating you badly and regularly.   Good luck with how your league shooting goes from here.

Thanks I really appreciate the honest feedback and looking at it I have to agree with everything you say...

I definitely want more structure to my practice, and I filled out the flight school application but heard nothing back... is this normal? Is there a waiting list or something? 

I guess I do need to have a more positive and realistic state of mind, I have been known to expect a lot from myself, and be over critical, it is probably why over analyse my throw too...

Thanks for your feedback I will definitely take what you said on board
(02-12-2019, 03:53 PM)Danny Giles Wrote: Thanks I really appreciate the honest feedback and looking at it I have to agree with everything you say...
I definitely want more structure to my practice, and I filled out the flight school application but heard nothing back... is this normal? Is there a waiting list or something? 
I guess I do need to have a more positive and realistic state of mind, I have been known to expect a lot from myself, and be over critical, it is probably why over analyse my throw too...   Thanks for your feedback I will definitely take what you said on board

I think George has been away for personal reasons for a while now.   That being said...   If you go through the FS info here in DNF, you should find enough info to structure your own practice drill regimen.  Beyond that, George has a book out (I got a copy on the cheap via Amazon) that’ll give you more than enough info on structured practice to last you for the rest of your life.   Then, you can also design you own DIY practice drill structure based on what I’ve mentioned here.

Just another personal thought too, but...   I always found it helpful to practice at home for 30-60 minute before heading out for a league night.  It helps me work out the kinks, loosen up my arm and get into my full stride.   Practicing in the bar before league night starts (in my experience) isn’t always feasible because of how quickly the crowd grows and the place fills up.   Also, one caution with practicing right before league night is being careful that you don’t overdo it.   There’s always a risk of wearing yourself out and then shooting poorly after your league night starts.   

Good luck with however it goes for you.
Relax and enjoy the game..good and bad Wink
The guys on tv make it look real easy, but it's not.
Moddarts 22 Gram Keith Deller'sModdarts
Thank you everyone for your feedback, 

I have known to overdo it on match day too... I look forward to every Friday evening, darts really has become a big passion of mine, all comes with experience I guess.

And when you do play then watch the pros, you really do appreciate just how skilled and good they really are.

Thanks everyone

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me from this weird feeling in my arm.. Darts1234 21 851 11-28-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Vintage Rat