Here's where i stand, how about you?
I've been somewhat serious about darts for about 5 weeks now. I downloaded an app (mydartstraining) a couple of weeks ago. I'm focusing on the round the world training where you try to put 3 darts in each Target. It's really a cool app and fun to use but i suck. I think my best is 27 hits (of 63) and overall about a 33% hit rate. Anyway, i throw an average of 200 darts a day for the last few weeks with little or no improvement. If you've tried this app/game post your stats. If not, you should check it out... It's free and I'm in no way affiliated with it, i just think it's a great tool
Hey Sputnam welcome to the group if I have not welcomes you yet and just throw more to improve. 200 darts? How long does that take you?
(02-06-2019, 04:19 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: Hey Sputnam welcome to the group if I have not welcomes you yet and just throw more to improve. 200 darts? How long does that take you?

20 minutesish... Not long
Is there a reason why you practice only twenty-ish minutes? Don't have the time, or get bored/frustrated? Regarding the lack of improvement can be caused by many different reasons...
I do consider 'around the world' to be a very good beginners exercise, to get familiar with the board and segments. When I started playing, this was my only game for about a year and it really helped my game. Okay, I.was a bit terrible on the scoring, but till this day I see a lot of players losing matches because they were unable to hit a low single like 1, 5 or 9 when they had to and ended up busting their score.

long story short, keep practicing, try to get more time on the board and when you are getting a bit more accurate, try do some grouping exercise to help with the scoring. Darts is a game of practice and it will take quite some time and dedication to get it right. Good luck to you!
20 mins is is a conservative average. I do get frustrated though and I'm constantly trying to "find my throw"... Ill get there, thanks.
Am i the only one around here that uses an app that gives you a HIT percentage?