Figured something out....maybe?
Morning Nutz,
This post is aimed more towards the average shooters.
Have you ever thrown a real good score with three darts,100,140 or 180 Smile and then followed it up with a huge 26,41,etc? Angry Yeah....me too....so...here's the key to not doing that...I hope....it all boils down to CONCENTRATION!!! 
It was driving me nuts....that plus that one dart that always finds the 1 or 5 wedge when shooting 20's. I think what happens to most of us is we throw a good round and then tell ourselves "ok,things are working" and then "Where did THAT come from"
Now...how to apply this knowledge.....simple yet hard to do in a match. The answer is............
Forget what you just threw!
Stay in the moment and just concentrate on your NEXT dart!
Yup....that's all there is to it. You can't control or change what you've already done so just concentrate on what you CAN do. Think more about your delivery than the result.
I've tried this in practice and it works great.....I have yet to apply it in competition yet......so....I may be all wet with this advice but I don't think so. Give it a try...if it works,great...if it doesn't....well.you haven't lost anything but 3 minutes or so.
I really hope this helps someone.......shoot well all and the best of luck in your next match!!! Big Grin
sounds good to me Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Tell my arm that!!!!! Lol?
This is a good point, and one that definitely works in my opinion. I also had the problem that in league matches I would win the first leg, but then be so focused on the "I might win this" aspect that I usually went to pieces and couldn't hit the side of a bus let alone a 20 or a double. So I stopped focusing on the winning aspect, and I've won my last 2 games, by not thinking about the previous leg and just focusing on the 3 darts that I'm actually throwing. Smile

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
Great advice for many sports.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Cheers!

Jeffry

17g Stephen Bunting nano grip
(02-02-2019, 06:53 PM)Papa w Wrote: Tell my arm that!!!!! Lol?

It does sound funny but basically that's what you do....lol....I've found by thinking about my delivery more than the end result helped a lot. That and the Flight School tip about finding an aiming point....there is a big tournament coming up in a couple of weeks...the Syracuse Open so it looks like I'll have an opportunity to try it out. Trouble is I get so nervous at those things I forget what I want to do...lol
I use a technique similar to this, but then after hitting a poor score like the 26 or 41 etc. It was mentioned by a guest commentator (forgot the name) on Dutch television, during the Finder Darts masters. She was a professional boxer and had nothing to do with darts really, but she did gave an interesting parallel. She mentioned that one of the women (I think it was Aileen de Graaf) really talked herself down after a poor visit, which resulted in even more poor visits. The parallel with boxing was this: You're in the ring and you got hit by your opponent, because you didn't block or protected yourself properly (parallel to a poor visit in darts). Now in boxing (or any other martial arts) you can't allow yourself to think about why you got hit and beating yourself up, because you would instantly get punched again. You need to stay focused, forget about the hit and get on with the match. I really liked this analogy and it actually helped my game. It made the game even more fun, because now I consider a poor visit from my opponent as an opening to get some punches in (figuratively speaking ofcourse, lol!)
(02-06-2019, 02:22 PM)Atilla Wrote: I use a technique similar to this, but then after hitting a poor score like the 26 or 41 etc. It was mentioned by a guest commentator (forgot the name) on Dutch television, during the Finder Darts masters. She was a professional boxer and had nothing to do with darts really, but she did gave an interesting parallel. She mentioned that one of the women (I think it was Aileen de Graaf) really talked herself down after a poor visit, which resulted in even more poor visits. The parallel with boxing was this: You're in the ring and you got hit by your opponent, because you didn't block or protected yourself properly (parallel to a poor visit in darts). Now in boxing (or any other martial arts) you can't allow yourself to think about why you got hit and beating yourself up, because you would instantly get punched again. You need to stay focused, forget about the hit and get on with the match. I really liked this analogy and it actually helped my game. It made the game even more fun, because now I consider a poor visit from my opponent as an opening to get some punches in (figuratively speaking ofcourse, lol!)

Great way to explain it!!