I'm looking for the quietest dartboard
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking for the most quiet dartboard, of course, we talking about good quallity dartboard Smile

First I bought the One89 G3 with the Rotafix bracket and with that combination I was quite pleased with the noise and the general feeling of playing, but after few months I wanted a better dartboard (thiner spider)

I pick Winmau B5DC, and I was very satisfied, but there is a new big problem, which is the noise  every time I throw the dart, and I have a couple of friends who throw with the havier darts and have stronger hand, so the noise is considerable. B5DC is mountend on Rotafix (same as G3)

The real problem is that above my living room (where we play) is a neighbor's bedroom, and when we play, it is heard in his bedroom.

I buy B5 DC thinking that the DC would be even more silent than "ordinary" cores, but in the end it turned out that this first core was very soft and the tip of the dart easily penetrates it and hit the second core fast and the dartboard just produced noise.

It need a recommendation for a good quality dartboard, quite as possible Smile

G3 is good, but that wiresis raised above the sisal, and sipder could be thinner.

Best regards
This may help

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9AoBouYeutQ&t=373s
Bulls advantage is pretty quiet and has the thinnest spider of all boards I have played on. It is however slightly less durable than a Blade5 and G3 but not by much, if you don't use grip points it will last you a long time.
Also depends what your board is mounted on, I just use a dartboard stand now as the wall i had my board on was making a hell of a thud which was very off putting and annoying.
(01-24-2019, 12:21 PM)Mackemchris Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Im with Chris. As long as the board is mounted directly on the wall will be like a resonance body. Im using sound insulation dowels like this

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Works good for me. But i dont have sensitive neighbours. 
I have heard good opinions about a system like Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile  , but never tried on my own.

I think the easiest way would be a dartstand if you have enough place...
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(01-24-2019, 12:44 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
That's pretty cool. I always had an idea of using a suspended mounting system so there won't be any sound transferred to the wall, just wasn't sure how to do it. Now I find out it already exists Big Grin
I bought a Harrows Pro Matchplay board a few months ago and it turned out to be around 1/3 quieter than the B5DC. Since then I also bought a dartboard stand and now the sound is virtually negligible.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
Unicorn Striker 21g
@Mike HermTHE

I saw that video, and I think that B5DC will be like B4DC, but is not Smile

@ joeriw96

I've already got a recommendation to buy a hard dartboard and  Bull Advantage everyone recommends

@Mackemchris

Agree, but I did not want to go into details, but it is clear that the total noise is equal to 3 factors, the dartbard, the mount and wall or mount surface.  My wall is made from hollow brick and concrete, so that is good, mount is Rotafix, which is one of the quietest mounts on the market. So only the dartboard remains, and the B5DC is quite loud.

@theblindPew

That is great mout, except every time dart hit boards, board make some small move, and not easy for rotating dartboard.

Bulls Advantage 5.01 comes withOnly available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile , does anyone have any noise level experience whit this mount bracket?

Best regards
Just a comment on the Bull's Click Fix Bracket.  This looks to be a modified (and fancier) version of the Bull's 'puck style" hanger:

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...ts_id=4630

I use this type with the G3 and works well for me.  But think you'll need need more than a bracket to fully deaden sound.

cheers...
For the bracket it is most important that it does not transmit energy and impact(noise) on the wall, but to hold the dartboard firmly. For example, my rotafix does not hold well, after 5-6 hours of play dartboard becomes loose.