Gerwyn Price fined £21,500 and given a suspended three-month ban
Fair on all accounts here
[Image: 23uwoi.jpg]
Hopefully the size of the fine imposed on Price will bring a bit of normality back to the game. Motivating yourself at the right time is one thing what Price and some of the younger generation are doing is ott and I for one don't want to see it. After reading through the whole thread I'm not the only one either.
Can't blame Anderson at all for what he did!! Not like he retaliated straight away, it was a number of things Price did and then he literally crossed the line and Anderson then had enough.

Price should get done, no sportsmanship and very disrespectful of his opponent. I think Anderson should have got a very small fine, but I get why he did it.

And for the record too - I can't stand Price either, he's an absolute tool. Hopefully he'll pipe down now.
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 (23g)
Target Pro Grip Clear Short Stems
Target Vision Fade Black Punched Flights 
Target Titanium Slot Lock Rings
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 56
2018: 27

Fully deserved IMO
Well, here’s what the 16 time World Champion, Phil Taylor thinks about it...

https://youtu.be/XhSQvqG6HTM
[Image: un8EQyk.jpg]

Steel-Tip Darts:  Bottelsen Precision Grip Hammerheads (23 Gram)
                         L-Style Carbon Shafts (190)
                         L-Style Flights, Blue, Standard 

Soft-Tip Darts:  Bottelsen Precision Grip (20 Gram)
                        L-Style Flights, Black, Standard
(02-11-2019, 11:45 AM)longgunshooterzero Wrote: Well, here’s what the 16 time World Champion, Phil Taylor thinks about it...

https://youtu.be/XhSQvqG6HTM

Taylor there, of course he would have appealed but he would never have been fined in the first place.

Let's be honest though, can you imagine the hissy fit that Taylor would have thrown if Price had done that in a game against the Power? He would probably have campaigned Barry Hearn to have Gerwyn hung drawn and quartered!
Current Darts: 
Target Carrera C12 24g
Pentathlon TPD T1 25g
Pentathlon Darts Clearence 26g
Red Dragon Pegasus 26g
Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g
Target Vapor8 24g
Board: Blade 5 DC
180's: 9
Highest Finish: 120
Average: I wish i could even describe myself as average
Best Leg: 17 darts (i am starting to doubt this ever happened)
Doesn’t really matter anymore...Gerwyn was able to pay it off from one weekend of throwing darts...He is on fire at the moment.

What's going on with wade
Wade got in an opponents face in celebration (Gerwyn Price style), and when asked about it during an interview, he stated, “I wanted to hurt him in the face.” Some people were upset with him and his actions and comments. I know that the PDC is not the UFC, but I agree with Phil Taylor...Darts viewership is at a lull. There’s a need for a big rivalry (like Phil Taylor and RVB) to draw crowds and viewership, and currently, there are none. I was hoping for Anderson vs. Price. But there needs to be (in some ways) a hero and a villain, and how do we create a villain???? And I’m not talking about a fake WWE, scripted villain...in some ways we need to let these guys be themselves, tell the DRA to butt-out, and the cast will make itself.

Gerwyn was at fault for gamesmanship in his “over the top” celebrating but I feel it’s rife throughout the game.

MVG has been one of the worst offenders for celebrating to the crowd and anyone not knowing him would say his facial expression is menacing as aggressive too.

Is this done for the audience or to put an opponent off?

Should the PDC accept the fact that they have created an encourage an audience of dress up alcoholic clowns at competitions who are mostly not interested in the game but enjoy the jeering and shouting.

That is in my opinion just as off putting to players as celebrating shots, these antics are becoming common place in other sports like tennis.

So in reality the PDC are guilty of creating an unsportsmanlike audience atmosphere little wonder that players use the crowd to their advantage at times. They are clearly bringing the game into disrepute themselves by allowing the deafening noise levels to take place during a game.

You don’t see this in golf when players are putting or in snooker when players are concentrating like darters I wish they would shut up altogether so we can concentrate on enjoying the match too.

Just hope Price and others like Corby take heed of this nonsense.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gerwyn Price snapped his achilles tendon vanJupp 23 1,686 06-26-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Gary Anderson and Gerwyn Price brunocar5 43 5,417 03-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Oh dear Gerwyn!! The Jester 15 1,397 03-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Adrian Lewis Starts War of Words With Gerwyn Price hamo 13 6,108 07-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: jc14