Gerwyn Price fined £21,500 and given a suspended three-month ban
Nothing like a DRA ruling to get dialogue started .  Big Grin

Match Darts=Unicorn John Part ® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

Price treated harshly there in my opinion although he over does it sometimes.anderson as much as I like him is a lucky boy there.
First off.. I’ll say I’m biased. (I can’t stand gerwin price.. total d*ck IMO) but I feel like the punishment is fair.. it’s one thing to celebrate to yourself or to the crowd.. but not in someone’s face.. especially over and over, like he did. Sportsmanship is key, especially when your a pro player.
All that being said i have to tip my hat to Anderson, I don’t think many people could have held their cool like he did. I know I couldent have.
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
Favorite players: Simon Whitlock, Jelle klaasen
2019 180’s: 9/12
2019 Hat: 121/130
2019 highlights: finished game with a 6.45mpr in cricket and lost. 
Won my first tournament! (1/25/19)
“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
(01-24-2019, 12:51 AM)Mac-attack99 Wrote: First off.. I’ll say I’m biased. (I can’t stand gerwin price.. total d*ck IMO) but I feel like the punishment is fair.. it’s one thing to celebrate to yourself or to the crowd.. but not in someone’s face.. especially over and over, like he did. Sportsmanship is key, especially when your a pro player.
All that being said i have to tip my hat to Anderson, I don’t think many people could have held their cool like he did. I know I couldent have.

Yes Anderson did do well to keep his cool, I'm sure that a lot of other pro's would have lost it with Price over his antics. 

Could you imagine someone acting like that down your local, they'd soon get told where to go.
With that punishment they have set a precedent for future rulings so will be interesting to watch that.....
But I think they have to also look at celebration s that almost become goading and making. Rule change maybe
(01-23-2019, 11:29 PM)Spartan Wrote: Anyone thinking wade will be heavily fined also ?

No, he played the victim the same way Anderson did.
Im going to chip in with something relevant or possibly a "knock on " from the antics,  we all talk about kids rolling round on the floor when they get tackled like some of our highly payed footballers ?!!,
Well my Son competed in an open darts comp on Saturday, ( decent money), and quite honestly the behaviour by some of the under 18`s I found personally appalling !!. ( NO ADULT PLAYERS acted like this )

Throw a ton and they are walking back past the toe line and screaming to the crowd !!, the kid who actually lost in the final was physically " punching " himself in the face,  actual clenched fist , knuckles first into his nose and cheeks !!!.
At the presentation he looked like he has finished runner up in a Boxing match !!!.

So although I agree the fine for Price is somewhat extortionate I do feel some form of punitive measure should apply for this,  its ruining the sport, this is beyond banter !!,

Its just going to be a fine line between banter and cheating !

And worse than that the parents "goading" them to carry on !!.

My Son won by the way ( £250 better off and only dropped 9 legs throughout the entire comp). and the only time he shouted was when his double 10 went in on the final leg !!!
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson WC, 25g

"Hopefully I`ll get to throw 3 in Heaven before the Devil finds out I`m dead" !

[Image: S2xtmfG.png]
(01-23-2019, 05:30 PM)SamCarter501 Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 05:22 PM)MattMelia Wrote: I think the PDC have got this spot on. As mentioned in their statement Price has had warnings in the past, it's not one heavy fine, it's three smaller fines for separate incidents. I think by highlighting occasions they feel he's over stepped the mark, they are sending a clear message as to what is and isn't going to be accepted going forward. The suspended ban is just done as a reminder that he needs to tone it down and if he doesn't the PDC can implement the ban without a full hearing.

It's got nothing to do with the PDC what fines and bans they get mate. It's the DRA, who are basically in charge of order and discipline within the sport. Although how the PDC haven't got hold of this by now is beyond me, if you're Barry Hearn do you seriously want an external body being able to do what they want to your players without your say so? Then again with the DRA being neutral I think it's better that way, if MVG and for example Ted Evetts both did the same darting crime I'm sure Barry would be more lenient on MVG haha

Ah Thanks for the clarification! I had misinterpreted the statement. I think it makes sense for the DRA to be neutral and handle these issues, that said, they have set a precedent with this decision so they need to be consistent with enforcing it across the board now!
(01-24-2019, 07:32 AM)Jockyoche78 Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 12:51 AM)Mac-attack99 Wrote: First off.. I’ll say I’m biased. (I can’t stand gerwin price.. total d*ck IMO) but I feel like the punishment is fair.. it’s one thing to celebrate to yourself or to the crowd.. but not in someone’s face.. especially over and over, like he did. Sportsmanship is key, especially when your a pro player.

Yes Anderson did do well to keep his cool, I'm sure that a lot of other pro's would have lost it with Price over his antics. 

Could you imagine someone acting like that down your local, they'd soon get told where to go.

I’m not so sure, pushing Gerwyn could be called “keeping your cool”.  Placing your hands on someone can escalate a situation rapidly.
[Image: un8EQyk.jpg]

Steel-Tip Darts:  Bottelsen Precision Grip Hammerheads (23 Gram)
                         L-Style Carbon Shafts (190)
                         L-Style Flights, Blue, Standard 

Soft-Tip Darts:  Bottelsen Precision Grip (20 Gram)
                        L-Style Carbon Shafts (190)
                        L-Style Flights, Black, Standard
(01-24-2019, 06:57 PM)longgunshooterzero Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 07:32 AM)Jockyoche78 Wrote:

I’m not so sure, pushing Gerwyn could be called “keeping your cool”.  Placing your hands on someone can escalate a situation rapidly.

As can turning around and screaming after every visit to the board regardless of the score. 

Anderson shouldn't have put his hands on Price but to be honest I'd consider Price's behaviour far more likely to escalate a situation, that's why I think Anderson did keep his cool. I could see other pro's losing the plot with Price's antics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gerwyn Price snapped his achilles tendon vanJupp 23 1,698 06-26-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Gary Anderson and Gerwyn Price brunocar5 43 5,453 03-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Oh dear Gerwyn!! The Jester 15 1,409 03-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Adrian Lewis Starts War of Words With Gerwyn Price hamo 13 6,122 07-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: jc14