Gerwyn Price fined £21,500 and given a suspended three-month ban
(02-11-2019, 11:45 AM)longgunshooterzero Wrote: Well, here’s what the 16 time World Champion, Phil Taylor thinks about it...

https://youtu.be/XhSQvqG6HTM

Taylor there, of course he would have appealed but he would never have been fined in the first place.

Let's be honest though, can you imagine the hissy fit that Taylor would have thrown if Price had done that in a game against the Power? He would probably have campaigned Barry Hearn to have Gerwyn hung drawn and quartered!
Current Darts: 
Target Carrera C12 24g
Pentathlon TPD T1 25g
Pentathlon Darts Clearence 26g
Red Dragon Pegasus 26g
Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g
Target Vapor8 24g
Board: Blade 5 DC
180's: 9
Highest Finish: 120
Average: I wish i could even describe myself as average
Best Leg: 17 darts (i am starting to doubt this ever happened)
Doesn’t really matter anymore...Gerwyn was able to pay it off from one weekend of throwing darts...He is on fire at the moment.
[Image: un8EQyk.jpg]

Steel-Tip Darts:  Bottelsen Precision Grip Hammerheads (23 Gram)
                         L-Style Carbon Shafts (190)
                         L-Style Flights, Blue, Standard 

Soft-Tip Darts:  Bottelsen Precision Grip (20 Gram)
                        L-Style Flights, Black, Standard
What's going on with wade
Wade got in an opponents face in celebration (Gerwyn Price style), and when asked about it during an interview, he stated, “I wanted to hurt him in the face.” Some people were upset with him and his actions and comments. I know that the PDC is not the UFC, but I agree with Phil Taylor...Darts viewership is at a lull. There’s a need for a big rivalry (like Phil Taylor and RVB) to draw crowds and viewership, and currently, there are none. I was hoping for Anderson vs. Price. But there needs to be (in some ways) a hero and a villain, and how do we create a villain???? And I’m not talking about a fake WWE, scripted villain...in some ways we need to let these guys be themselves, tell the DRA to butt-out, and the cast will make itself.

Gerwyn was at fault for gamesmanship in his “over the top” celebrating but I feel it’s rife throughout the game.

MVG has been one of the worst offenders for celebrating to the crowd and anyone not knowing him would say his facial expression is menacing as aggressive too.

Is this done for the audience or to put an opponent off?

Should the PDC accept the fact that they have created an encourage an audience of dress up alcoholic clowns at competitions who are mostly not interested in the game but enjoy the jeering and shouting.

That is in my opinion just as off putting to players as celebrating shots, these antics are becoming common place in other sports like tennis.

So in reality the PDC are guilty of creating an unsportsmanlike audience atmosphere little wonder that players use the crowd to their advantage at times. They are clearly bringing the game into disrepute themselves by allowing the deafening noise levels to take place during a game.

You don’t see this in golf when players are putting or in snooker when players are concentrating like darters I wish they would shut up altogether so we can concentrate on enjoying the match too.

Just hope Price and others like Corby take heed of this nonsense.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

You think the rhetoric hurts tennis? John McEnroe’s rhetoric and Bjorn Borgs calmness, created the greatest tennis rivalry in history, and massively increased the viewership. It actually opened up tennis to people that would have never even thought to watch. As for golf and snooker, yawn....flip right past it on the TV...and baseball...baseballs boring as well.

(02-28-2019, 12:44 AM)longgunshooterzero Wrote: You think the rhetoric hurts tennis? John McEnroe’s rhetoric and Bjorn Borgs calmness, created the greatest tennis rivalry in history, and massively increased the viewership. It actually opened up tennis to people that would have never even thought to watch. As for golf and snooker, yawn....flip right past it on the TV...and baseball...baseballs boring as well.

There is no debate that Price's antics increase viewership. People love the drama and even if they hate Price, many will tune in to watch it. I suspect that if you asked darts fans of one specific match they would like to see in a world final, most would say Price v Anderson, maybe apart from MVG v Ando. There is no doubt the PDC and Sky love the "needle" and they like controversial people like Price playing.

The other question is, does it damage the game's integrity and does it set a very bad example? You have to consider that and probably that's why the PDC gave Price a huge fine, to discourage that kind of behaviour. I don't usually mind Price and he's obviously a great player, one of my favourites to watch. However I believe he went over the top against Anderson, and such excessive celebrations should not be tolerated.
(02-28-2019, 01:06 PM)Phenohyte Wrote: There is no debate that Price's antics increase viewership. People love the drama and even if they hate Price, many will tune in to watch it. 

The other question is, does it damage the game's integrity and does it set a very bad example? You have to consider that and probably that's why the PDC gave Price a huge fine, to discourage that kind of behaviour. I don't usually mind Price and he's obviously a great player, one of my favourites to watch. However I believe he went over the top against Anderson, and such excessive celebrations should not be tolerated.

Maybe for the casual fan who also likes what passes for antics similar to the WWE or whatever lettering the "Professional Wrestling" organizations call themselves.

Personally, I prefer to watch a well played, sportsmanlike match paced by 2 players who know their craft, get on with it and leave the theatrics out of it.     Yes, celebrate a well timed out shot or a 150+ score to put your opponent under pressure when on a one or two dart finish to let them know you're still there-------but to spin around, walk toward the audience thumping your chest while bellowing loudly and disrupting your opponents throw while mid-game is boorish to me and in bad taste.

It's one of those "act like you've already been there" moments for me.
Oh, and another observation. That fine and possible suspension hanging over his head seems to have upped his game at the oche. His wins this past weekend and his success in the PL show he's a man to contend with when facing him on stage or in a floor event.

Maybe he's seeing he doesn't have to be as vocal and obnoxious as he had been to win and is letting his game do the talking for him.
(02-28-2019, 02:12 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Oh, and another observation.    That fine and possible suspension hanging over his head seems to have upped his game at the oche.  His wins this past weekend and his success in the PL show he's a man to contend with when facing him on stage or in a floor event.

Maybe he's seeing he doesn't have to be as vocal and obnoxious as he had been to win and is letting his game do the talking for him.

Exactly. mint
I'm not the biggest Price fan, but as long as he continues to play as well as he has been doing over the last month, then I can forgive the stupid posturing and chest thumping.

Now Wade, Wade just acts like a dickhead.
B: 25g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 7/25
(02-28-2019, 02:23 PM)The jt4527 Wrote: I'm not the biggest Price fan, but as long as he continues to play as well as he has been doing over the last month, then I can forgive the stupid posturing and chest thumping.

Now Wade, Wade just acts like a dickhead.

But...James Wade is a good closer.  He’s good on the doubles.

I been wondering why Price has had that stupid theatre past years. I raise my hat for ex pro rugby player but that drama of him has been a reason why i´m not a fan of him. 

The way how Wright is doing the show is the way i like.

Modesty at right places and sporstmanship.
I won't start another thread as it's been mentioned in this thread, but it looks like Wade has got away with his garbage against Asada at the Worlds.

The latest DRA hearing updates are now available and whilst the Price/Anderson outcomes are on the list along with a couple of other incidents during the Worlds and also some failure to mark from QSchool and the CT this year, there is nothing for Wade!!

2018 hearings - http://www.thedra.co.uk/wp-content/uploa....03.19.pdf
2019 hearings - http://www.thedra.co.uk/wp-content/uploa....03.19.pdf
(03-03-2019, 10:06 AM)mc1958 Wrote: I won't start another thread as it's been mentioned in this thread, but it looks like Wade has got away with his garbage against Asada at the Worlds.

The latest DRA hearing updates are now available and whilst the Price/Anderson outcomes are on the list along with a couple of other incidents during the Worlds and also some failure to mark from QSchool and the CT this year, there is nothing for Wade!!

2018 hearings - http://www.thedra.co.uk/wp-content/uploa....03.19.pdf
2019 hearings - http://www.thedra.co.uk/wp-content/uploa....03.19.pdf
Disappointing to say the least.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gerwyn Price snapped his achilles tendon vanJupp 24 1,973 11-09-2019, 06:00 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Gerwyn Price Appeal SamCarter501 6 225 08-05-2019, 02:24 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gary Anderson and Gerwyn Price brunocar5 43 5,854 03-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Oh dear Gerwyn!! The Jester 15 1,488 03-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Adrian Lewis Starts War of Words With Gerwyn Price hamo 13 6,332 07-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: jc14