Gerwyn Price fined £21,500 and given a suspended three-month ban
(01-23-2019, 10:08 PM)Spartan Wrote: Anyone else heard it's not that excessive? Hearing it's only around 5k. Even john Lowe has said the total 21.5k is not quite true.

It's on the PDC website. Everyone can read it. Lowe is just talking rubbish there, unless he backs his claim up with any proof.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/01/23/dra-s...grand-slam
[Image: NSnrkBi.png]

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
I didn't read every thread - what happens to the premier league?
(01-23-2019, 10:26 PM)Nucky Wrote: I didn't read every thread - what happens to the premier league?

Nothing. Why should anything happen?

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(01-23-2019, 10:21 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 10:08 PM)Spartan Wrote: Anyone else heard it's not that excessive? Hearing it's only around 5k. Even john Lowe has said the total 21.5k is not quite true.

It's on the PDC website. Everyone can read it. Lowe is just talking rubbish there, unless he backs his claim up with any proof.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/01/23/dra-s...grand-slam
Yeah I've seen this, just a few with conspiracy theories out there that in fact it's only a 5k fine contrary to the PDC report of 21.5k

Also love how Anderson was found to have pushed price non-violently lol.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

[Image: RqGF7IG.png]
(01-23-2019, 10:31 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 10:26 PM)Nucky Wrote: I didn't read every thread - what happens to the premier league?

Nothing. Why should anything happen?

If he is suspended for three months, can he still play in the premier league?
(01-23-2019, 10:56 PM)Nucky Wrote: If he is suspended for three months, can he still play in the premier league?

It is a suspended ban for 6 months. Only if he misbehaves during those 6 months, the ban will become active and he would not be allowed to play in any PDC event for 3 months.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(01-23-2019, 03:14 PM)Phenohyte Wrote: I don't think it's fair at all that Anderson gets away with a warning while Price gets fined so heavily. It's clear to me the PDC is trying to make a point, that such excessive celebration and gamesmanship won't be tolerated in the future. Which is a great thing IMO, in the past we've seen fines of 3000 or 5000 pounds for similar offences, which just isn't big enough to be a deterrant to players.

However that doesn't excuse Anderson's behaviour at all. Whatever you think about the final and who was at fault, he clearly breached the rules multiple times so he deserved a serious punishment as well. Irrespective of Price's actions and the fine he got, Anderson should have received a punishment himself.

Agree with this 100%.
I reckon the DRA got this spot on as Gerwyn Price's behaviour during the Grand Slam was just ridiculous, especially in the matches against Whitlock and Anderson. It was above and beyond what I would consider acceptable gamesmanship, he was just embarrassing in the final, celebrating 81's etc like he'd won his first World Championship in a deliberate attempt to put off his opponent.

As for Anderson's slap on the wrist, it's probably the right decision too. Yes he was wrong to put his hand on Price but does anyone honestly think he shoved Price, not a chance.

I love a bit of needle between players but that was too much from Price, hopefully this will be a valuable lesson for him.
Anyone thinking wade will be heavily fined also ?
Play like it means nothing when it means everything

[Image: RqGF7IG.png]
(01-23-2019, 11:03 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 10:56 PM)Nucky Wrote: If he is suspended for three months, can he still play in the premier league?

It is a suspended ban for 6 months. Only if he misbehaves during those 6 months, the ban will become active and he would not be allowed to play in any PDC event for 3 months.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gerwyn Price snapped his achilles tendon vanJupp 24 1,946 11-09-2019, 06:00 AM
Last Post: CalixNL
  Gerwyn Price Appeal SamCarter501 6 221 08-05-2019, 02:24 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gary Anderson and Gerwyn Price brunocar5 43 5,816 03-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Oh dear Gerwyn!! The Jester 15 1,477 03-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Adrian Lewis Starts War of Words With Gerwyn Price hamo 13 6,319 07-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: jc14