Gerwyn Price fined £21,500 and given a suspended three-month ban
Happy to hear this behavior isn't going to be the new darts etiquette...
[Image: fQ2fu2q.png]
I think the PDC have got this spot on. As mentioned in their statement Price has had warnings in the past, it's not one heavy fine, it's three smaller fines for separate incidents. I think by highlighting occasions they feel he's over stepped the mark, they are sending a clear message as to what is and isn't going to be accepted going forward. The suspended ban is just done as a reminder that he needs to tone it down and if he doesn't the PDC can implement the ban without a full hearing.
(01-23-2019, 05:22 PM)MattMelia Wrote: I think the PDC have got this spot on. As mentioned in their statement Price has had warnings in the past, it's not one heavy fine, it's three smaller fines for separate incidents. I think by highlighting occasions they feel he's over stepped the mark, they are sending a clear message as to what is and isn't going to be accepted going forward. The suspended ban is just done as a reminder that he needs to tone it down and if he doesn't the PDC can implement the ban without a full hearing.

It's got nothing to do with the PDC what fines and bans they get mate. It's the DRA, who are basically in charge of order and discipline within the sport. Although how the PDC haven't got hold of this by now is beyond me, if you're Barry Hearn do you seriously want an external body being able to do what they want to your players without your say so? Then again with the DRA being neutral I think it's better that way, if MVG and for example Ted Evetts both did the same darting crime I'm sure Barry would be more lenient on MVG haha
Does tne DRA govern over PL?
Levonster  Out! 
(01-23-2019, 03:32 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Cracking down on celebration being over board but who gets the money paid out I wonder?

In the past all the money from fines was used to support the DRA Drug Testing Programme.
[Image: vVSMqoP.png]
(01-23-2019, 03:39 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: One part i find a bit weird is "drew an unprecedented number of complaints from members of the public", when did the public become the governing body for the PDC

They aren't, but it is "the public" who finances the entire carnival. They should be allowed their say (which they are) and (to some extent) be heard.
Currently throwing: Condor Trinidad K "Ivan", Target/Shot! conversion points
Skill level: Truly terrible
Big fines!
I've watched the Anderson shoving incident on YouTube, and if that isn't worth fines then I don't know what is.

I can't be sensible and subjective about Price because I can't stand the man and anything I say will just be a chain of expletives Smile
B: 21g   S: Intermediate   F: Shape   180s: 2
(01-23-2019, 06:40 PM)Andreas Wrote:
(01-23-2019, 03:39 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: One part i find a bit weird is "drew an unprecedented number of complaints from members of the public", when did the public become the governing body for the PDC

They aren't, but it is "the public" who finances the entire carnival. They should be allowed their say (which they are) and (to some extent) be heard.

Never said they couldn't have there say, but there say shouldn't be involved in any punishment
I'm not a fan of Price's onstage antics at all, and since it's three separate fines for things he's been warned about I can see the fine being what it is, but Anderson getting away with a warning is absurd - and I say that as a big fan of Anderson. Anderson actually put his hands on Price - how is that not worthy of a fine?

I can't wait to see what Wade gets from the DRA. Wade is my favorite PDC player, but his actions against Asada were complete bull$#!t. I suspect that with him being bipolar and all the work he's done for that cause he's going to get a much lighter slap than Price did, even though Wade too has been disciplined in the past. No matter what Wade's fine is, low or high (or none at all), it's going to open a whole new series of discussions on how much latitude someone in his position gets. Fasten your seat belts for this one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gerwyn Price snapped his achilles tendon vanJupp 23 1,693 06-26-2018, 04:53 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Gary Anderson and Gerwyn Price brunocar5 43 5,435 03-11-2018, 12:20 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Oh dear Gerwyn!! The Jester 15 1,403 03-11-2018, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Little al
  Adrian Lewis Starts War of Words With Gerwyn Price hamo 13 6,110 07-18-2016, 07:08 PM
Last Post: jc14