L-Style Shell Lock Punch
Hey!

Anyone got any experience with the Shell lock system from L-Style?  

I find it quite interesting to get the bounceout/RobinHood-protection of the "Champagne ring", but still be able to use normal flights. 

Do the new Shell loch rings keep the flights at a perfect 90 degrees angle, as promised?
I use this system with my steel tip set-up and its pretty good, although the punch is overpriced IMO. The flights lock onto stems really well using the plastic caps although I find they need replacing after a while as the steel points eventually destroy them. Using them with soft tip darts this is not an issue. Btw, metal Whizlock caps also work with this punch.
I've used the system for about a month now and find the shell lock cups more durable than the plastic champagne rings (metal champagne is still the obvious winner of course).
If you properly fold your flight open they hold the shape pretty well, but if you really want that 90 degree angle I would still recommend molded flights like the champagne flight.

The only thing that you need to look out for is that you properly align your flight so you don't punch it off center.
I like it and prefer it over typical rings, but can't really recommend it if your sole goal is keeping your flights at 90 degrees. It does maintain a solid X shape though.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(01-23-2019, 12:13 PM)Red Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Well, i would prefer a perfect 90 degrees ofcourse, but...

I use the molded flights now, but my darts scuffs the flights pretty badly, so it would be a lot cheaper to punch normal flights if they would give the same benefits as the molded ones.
def use the metal champagne rings if you are steel tip
Well the answer to every L-style question isn't Metal Caps & you use shell lock caps with the punch
(02-20-2019, 10:15 PM)ME27 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Metal champagne rings don't work with the shell-lock punch - they're for use with moulded L Style flights.
Although, if L Style are listening, metal shell-lock caps would be a great idea as the plastic ones do eventually split when using with steel tip darts.
Soft tip update.

My first set of shell lock cups are still in excellent condition. I've used them for about 2 months now.
The only reason I've now just changed them is because I wanted another color.

Cheers.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(02-21-2019, 11:37 AM)Red Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Same here. I have them on my Daytona Fire JP01 Dart set (Soft Tip), and I like them a lot.  Big Grin
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many punch their flights? MadMike4 55 6,958 07-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Last Post: Doctor Bones
  L-Style Champagne 'Punch'. DIY Video on Pg #2 Ancient Darter 15 2,699 07-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  who uses shell lock punch system hikfromstik 26 8,100 07-02-2016, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Mel Timtiman
  Punched flights sans punch KCdartman 5 1,044 03-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Last Post: bk123456
  Grip springs or lock rings?? MadMike4 9 1,933 02-15-2016, 01:56 PM
Last Post: MadMike4
  Whiz Lock and L-Style Shell lock MadMike4 14 3,508 02-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Last Post: MadMike4