Modified stems
Hi there Nutz!  

To all experienced/long time players here, I would like to ask  your take on modifying stems (e.g. replacing the tops with other brands) and if there's any special method involved in doing so?

I am asking this because I saw from one old thread here about one member using Alamo stems with slikstik tops.  I pm'ed the guy but never got a reply.  So, I chatted with Darts Corner today and the agent told me the slikstik won't fit the Alamo stem.  I think it is a cost-effective idea combining the 2 considering the efficiency of the slikstiks and the durability of the alamo.

Suggestions and opinions are all welcome.
Current Darts:
Unicorn Neon 1 - short stems, standard flights
Unicorn Black Machina - medium stems, standard flights

Board:
Gladiator II

180's (2019) 7
My Harrows Alamo stems have an alloy top, but it sort of plugs into the nylon shaft... and you can't just unscrew it off.

There was a thread about Monster Dragster Stems being an option to use Unicorn Slikstick tops. Pretty recent, this weekend I think.

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid538143

that should get to the post, I think.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(01-21-2019, 11:07 AM)Ryk Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks for the reply Ryk, maybe the guy I mentioned removed the alloy tops by force?  I also saw the thread regarding the monster dragster stems and I think it is a good option too.    Smile
(01-21-2019, 11:16 AM)PsiMan Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yes, you have to remove the Alamo tops by force [screw the base into a dart barrel for grip and then yank the top out with pliers]. To get the Slikstik tops to fit in the Alamo base you have to either file down the threads on the Slikstik or drill out and widen the hole in the Alamo base.
(01-21-2019, 07:08 PM)bkbum Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterHow tough are the polycarbonate bases of the Alamo shafts?
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
Favorite players: Simon Whitlock, Jelle klaasen
2019 180’s: 9/12
2019 Hat: 121/130
2019 highlights: finished game with a 6.45mpr in cricket and lost. 
Won my first tournament! (1/25/19)
“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
Medium tough for a plastic; not as tough as nylon, tougher than acrylic.
(01-21-2019, 07:08 PM)bkbum Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterHi bkbum, thank you for the  information.  Now I know how to go about using the slikstiks with the Alamo stems.  Idea Thanks for the  help!   Smile 

Would you know of any other stems (any material) where the slikstiks can be used?  I read online that it could also fit Target's Phil Taylor Gen 1 Ti stems but there was no further info.  I hope other members will share their ideas too.
(01-22-2019, 05:30 AM)PsiMan Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I've never used any Taylor Gen 1 stems, but if the thread is the same size as the Gen 2/3/ stems, it's slightly smaller than the Slikstik thread.
(01-22-2019, 06:23 AM)bkbum Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Okay, thanks.
Current Darts:
Unicorn Neon 1 - short stems, standard flights
Unicorn Black Machina - medium stems, standard flights

Board:
Gladiator II

180's (2019) 7
If you want similar too an almao stem get unicorn checkout shafts simply pull off the top and glue in tops best of all super durable but too light for me[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk