Unicorn XL Ti Shafts - Read this before you buy.
If needed, you can simply spread the prongs of the Ti stems further apart with the blade of a pen knife.
(01-16-2019, 03:08 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
G'Day Darren,
Actually bought 7 sets. Due to my location I usually bulk buy.
I have managed to easily remove the machining burrs by using a 2mm drill bit shaped to a 50 degree point, flights now slide in as easily as my normal aluminium shaft set up.
Can't understand why Unicorn could not fix this problem. While all of these stems had burring to various degrees flight insertion was not a problem in all of them, in may experience 50% were difficult to insert, 10% bloody difficult and 5% impossible.
(01-16-2019, 09:44 PM)bkbum Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Titanium is tough, the force required to do this is significant and any error will result in injury.
I had great difficulty in removing the prongs from these shafts with a hacksaw.
(01-16-2019, 08:28 PM)Little al Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Have often wondered how this done, it seems titanium due to its toughness is susceptible to burring.
It seems there are ways to remove this burring http://americanbrightworks.com/services/...f-titanium
(01-17-2019, 01:22 AM)Zazl Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Nope, it doesn't require much force at all and with normal care there is no risk of injury.
(01-16-2019, 10:40 AM)Cateye Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register You and me both brother!  Smile  the board at my local bar is over a concrete floor, and I used to shear off nylons like they were goin out of style. Haha
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
Favorite players: Simon Whitlock, Jelle klaasen
2019 180’s: 9/12
2019 Hat: 121/130
2019 highlights: finished game with a 6.45mpr in cricket and lost. 
Won my first tournament! (1/25/19)
“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
Been using the titanium stems for 10 years and never had a problem putting new flights in them and still use 2nd hand flights for practice which are a tad harder to put in as Im half blind.They are strong and a set can last me two years ,one hour practice a nite and games during the week. If they bend I bash them straight to take out any wobble and off I go. If I robin hood I just get the long nose pliers to clamp the flight grip up. If I cant get a flight in I just tap a fine knife in the end a little with a hammer, put the flight in and re clamp with the pliers. Only annoying thing is when the hit the floor a few times they can cut the flight in the clamp end so I keep all the second hand flights. Big Grin
Darts used 25g Adrian Gray Tungsten Shot Flights XLt Stems
Best Av (Singles) : 84
Best 501 : 15 darts
Highest Checkout 2016 : 160 (T20 T20 D20)
180s Practice  2019 : 50+
180s Comp 2019 : 3 
150s Practice : 3
I'm on the same thought process as barcrusher - I've used these shafts as well and never had a problem.
It seems like he isn’t happy with any darts equipment?
I feel like there is one comment that is golden.. if us darts players don’t like something, we toss it In with the trash and move on.. it’s no biggie..
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
Favorite players: Simon Whitlock, Jelle klaasen
2019 180’s: 9/12
2019 Hat: 121/130
2019 highlights: finished game with a 6.45mpr in cricket and lost. 
Won my first tournament! (1/25/19)
“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
(01-19-2019, 06:24 PM)Mac-attack99 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I would like to think that most consumers on this forum are a little more discerning than yourself.

These shafts have the potential to be outstanding shafts, slight manufacturing process changes to eliminate the burring and sharp edges that cut flights combined with increasing the surface area that holds the flights will solve these problems. Blindness can sometimes be cured by opening your eyes.

It is not rocket science, just good business. I am sure Unicorn understands this and will make the subtle modifications required.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn shafts...nylon/polycarb Baloos 5 195 05-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  Unicorn Twist Shafts TheHaydenator180 8 442 08-23-2018, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Ancient Darter
  How to Secure flights with Unicorn Gripper 3 Shafts Ancient Darter 43 17,785 04-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Unicorn QS Spin Shafts Ni518079 1 1,141 12-10-2014, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Getagrip