Just getting into darting and have equipment questions
My board - $20 bristle self repair
My darts - $25 for 15 brass, 18g & getting some $10 set of 3 @ 23g
I feel like my equipment is fine for now, trying to get the feel for dart weights by checking out several cheap ones. I'm thinking of getting a board with thinner wires one day. 
I guess my main question is, is a $100 dart set THAT much better.. .Should i go ahead and upgrade the darts.  And or the board?
I would upgrade the board if you have the funds. Check out Winmau Blade 5 or Gladiator 3. As far as the more expensive stuff, I would start small, and tinker with weights, length, grip etc. You can check out darts clearance on ebay, and get some quality low cost darts, until you find what works, then get into the higher $ range if you want too. Good luck.
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Hexoset
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Shot! Ronin Makoto
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics

(01-15-2019, 07:48 PM)ks99dime Wrote: I would upgrade the board if you have the funds. Check out Winmau Blade 5 or Gladiator 3.  As far as the more expensive stuff, I would start small, and tinker with weights, length, grip etc.  You can check out darts clearance on ebay, and get some quality low cost darts, until you find what works, then get into the higher $ range if you want too. Good luck.

Exactly where my head was......  Well put, ks99!  Welcome aboard, Sputnam and best of luck to you!!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Like mentioned above, I’d suggest going with a G3 board (cost notwithstanding).   I’d also suggest a set of modestly priced 90% tungsten darts, which don’t have to cost anywhere near $100 for a set.   I’ve been shooting Harrows Wolframs for >3 years and they cost less than half of that much today.   When you’re shooting 90% tungsten darts at a G3 board, you’re using “real” equipment that’ll give you a good feeling for what the darts and board you’ll be dealing with in bar/league/tournament shooting will be like.   Where you buy your gear will be critical to what kind of prices you’ll end up paying.   I got my board from A to Z and most of my darts/flights/shafts/etc came from Darts Corner.   It’s a sad thing to say, but buying darting equipment and supplies from local stores in the US will get you slapped in the face with outrageous prices.   Lots of old threads here @ DNF document the typical US retail overpricing of dart equipment.   Good luck with whatever you end up doing.
welcome along Sputnam,the money you can spend on this game can be mouthwatering saving
take your time find whats right for you
DARTS-Phase 5 purist/ Power 9fives 26g/ Unicorn RvB 25g
SHAFTS-Target Power shaft gen 1 (intermediate) 
FLIGHTS-The ones' on my signature
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet
HA'WAY THE TOON  Smile
Newcastle United Premier League survivors 2018-19 season
[Image: ZL8JXbT.png]
Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your set up. I'm pretty sure after you start putting in more practice time, at least say about 1 hr a day, you'll find yourself wanting to get a better set of darts. Depending on your budget you can spend a lot of money on darts you don't need, to have a good feel for the sport. I know a guy who bought a nice B4 board and 2 sets of McKoy'sand never practiced and the thing just collects dust. Cheers
Thanks all, I'll go ahead and get the G3 board pretty soon and check out some more dart weights/styles before getting a nice set.
(01-15-2019, 10:54 PM)Sputnam Wrote: Thanks all, I'll go ahead and get the G3 board pretty soon and check out some more dart weights/styles before getting a nice set.

It can take quite a while to find out which shape/grip/length/width/weight barrel will be "best" for you. If you have the chance to try out different darts without having to buy them (friends, shops) I would advise to do so. That said, the most important thing before that is probably to get the mechanics right and practise.
Currently throwing: Condor Trinidad K "Ivan", Target/Shot! conversion points
Skill level: Truly terrible
I suggest this thread as a great starting point.  A little old, so the equipment references are a bit dated, but a good read:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=9562

Pulled from the Beginners Quick Reference:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=34012

Welcome to the forum! cheers
special desing darts and player signatures cost alot.. but they are not any better than a 20 bucks 90% tungsten sets you can find from online stores.

its same in finland, sad but true, my newest darts would have cost me 120euros from a store in finland.. i decided to just buy some flights to support the store and bought the darts online for 70euros... 120 is way too much for a set of darts.. 70 is alot too. but i thought this is a once in a lifetime invest.. because they felt so damn good for my throw.

my advice is to test a few cheap sets first, then use one set which works best, develop a somewhat consistent throw(takes some time) and then you know what your looking for from a dart.
Best leg 501: 12 darts (180,180,29,112) 
Highest checkout: 164 (T19, T19, Bull)
Darts: Shot! 9ti2 24g & Harrows Elite 24g

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When to change equipment Elusive Dream 13 346 09-05-2019, 02:48 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  helping developing my dart grip and equipment Honziz 14 618 03-04-2019, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Baloos
  Equipment upgrade Sputnam 7 404 02-13-2019, 01:07 PM
Last Post: RobJon
  With this equipment, what would you set up? CalixNL 13 1,066 12-07-2018, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Doctor Bones