File size error attaching pics
(05-14-2019, 03:14 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Updated Guide with link to an online image manipulation tool.  Just upload your image and reduce it's resolution.  Then download the result:  https://resizeimage.net/

Also found a funny cartoon on the subject: Wink

Click to enlarge

OK, insider joke. Tongue Big Grin Wink

I've used Imgur as a picture host in the past and edited my links to scale the on screen image to 640x640  (by appending a lower-case L to the filename in the image link).   But I'd like to display smaller images which can be enlarged by clicking as it was in the quoted post.

Can this be done using an image host?  I did look about for the answer so I hope I didn't miss something too obvious.
(07-13-2019, 04:25 AM)laconic Wrote: I've used Imgur as a picture host in the past and edited my links to scale the on screen image to 640x640  (by appending a lower-case L to the filename in the image link).   But I'd like to display smaller images which can be enlarged by clicking as it was in the quoted post.

Can this be done using an image host?  I did look about for the answer so I hope I didn't miss something too obvious.

Not that I'm aware.  If you find a way, let us know.  Be pretty cool!

cheers...
Updated OP with a new online site for reducing photo resolution, the easiest I've seen.  Just upload your pic and go with the defaults.  Works just fine for jpg's.  Haven't tried the other formats, but should be the same.  Smile
I've stumbles on tapatalk and sharing pics is pretty easy. It asks for file size
small 384x512
medium 768x1024
original 3024x4032
(11-13-2019, 05:12 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: I've stumbles on tapatalk and sharing pics is pretty easy. It asks for file size
small 384x512
medium 768x1024
original 3024x4032

Tapatalk uses links, not attachments, so not subject to file size restrictions.  So use what's best to your eye.  I'd guess small or medium.  Original resolution would be very large for a post.

cheers Sling...
Ok thanks nixer

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can't view pics Maineiac 15 7,369 04-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Easy Way To Post Pics To The Forum Banned 9 6,573 05-13-2015, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Cat
  Attaching Images to posts using forum options Getagrip 2 7,193 08-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Getagrip