File size error attaching pics
I'd say Calix pretty well has the hang of it - on an iPad!  Well folks, there's your iPad tutorial!

cheers
(01-14-2019, 04:24 AM)nixer55 Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 04:18 AM)CalixNL Wrote: Hey Nixxer!!
Thanks.
I didn’t see the bbcode way,

But after I uploaded it on imgur, I was able to get the link. Copy it, and paste it into the DN REPLY URL

Which seems to work fine, although your pictures are on the large side.  Good to know for iPads.  BTW, resized the picture in this quote for demonstration.  Good etiquette when quoting posts would be to remove the picture all together.  Easier to read and follow the thread.  Here's the FAQ for that:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=33723

Thanks!

I caught my self doing that , the removing quoted picture, in a comment Saber posted with his monster  darts , I was asking what kind of dart he was using.

I got some good practice finding a Good ssize for sharing pictures.

So sharing the hosts link is Better for the forum? Should I go delete all my photos in forum posts ??? lol. I don’t want To clog up the system.

Edit.
Thanks!

I’m not sure how I got the first post of the barrels picture so big, I don’t even remember and it was only like 10 minutes ago . Best I forget .
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
(01-14-2019, 04:34 AM)CalixNL Wrote: Thanks!

I caught my self doing that , the removing quoted picture, in a comment Saber posted with his monster  darts , I was asking what kind of dart he was using.

I got some good practice finding a Good ssize for sharing pictures.

So sharing the hosts link is Better for the forum? Should I go delete all my photos in forum posts ??? lol. I don’t want To clog up the system. Lol

Posting pictures via share link is easier on forum resources, and don't have the number limit of attachments.  Everything you posted before is fine - no need to delete or remove attachments.  And well done on the iPad work! +1...
Ironically....the photo is not loading up right now In my reply box as it was before.

Bit more fiddling around another time..

I guess imgur is just a bit off and on....newly experimenting....I can see this working with all file hosting sites

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
Updated Guide with link to an online image manipulation tool.  Just upload your image and reduce it's resolution.  Then download the result:  https://resizeimage.net/

Also found a funny cartoon on the subject: Wink

Click to enlarge

OK, insider joke. Tongue Big Grin Wink
(05-14-2019, 03:14 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Updated Guide with link to an online image manipulation tool.  Just upload your image and reduce it's resolution.  Then download the result:  https://resizeimage.net/

Also found a funny cartoon on the subject: Wink

Click to enlarge

OK, insider joke. Tongue Big Grin Wink

I've used Imgur as a picture host in the past and edited my links to scale the on screen image to 640x640  (by appending a lower-case L to the filename in the image link).   But I'd like to display smaller images which can be enlarged by clicking as it was in the quoted post.

Can this be done using an image host?  I did look about for the answer so I hope I didn't miss something too obvious.
(07-13-2019, 04:25 AM)laconic Wrote: I've used Imgur as a picture host in the past and edited my links to scale the on screen image to 640x640  (by appending a lower-case L to the filename in the image link).   But I'd like to display smaller images which can be enlarged by clicking as it was in the quoted post.

Can this be done using an image host?  I did look about for the answer so I hope I didn't miss something too obvious.

Not that I'm aware.  If you find a way, let us know.  Be pretty cool!

cheers...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can't view pics Maineiac 15 7,310 04-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Easy Way To Post Pics To The Forum Banned 9 6,508 05-13-2015, 12:32 AM
Last Post: Cat
  Attaching Images to posts using forum options Getagrip 2 7,083 08-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Getagrip