BDO darts commentators.....
Consider the alternatives. You could be living in the U.S. and this would become a moot point.
Liberal heathen
I always thought Nicholson and Mason were pretty good commentators. And I have no doubt that both understand the game of darts very well, and are often able to provide insight.

However this year, to me it seems they are talking up the product way too much and afraid to criticise anything. They won't call a bad game bad, just try and find excuses all the time. A bit of honesty would go a long way, because often this way the commentators sound a bit deluded.
I don’t want to be negative but the BDO just seems to be drifting farther and farther away from what it used to be, it just don’t have that luster or the flare that it used to and it certainly don’t have the level of Excitement that the PDC does.. just my opinion,
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
Favorite players: Simon Whitlock, Jelle klaasen
2019 180’s: 9/12
2019 Hat: 121/130
2019 highlights: finished game with a 6.45mpr in cricket and lost. 
Won my first tournament! (1/25/19)
“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
It's not the PDC thats why
(01-11-2019, 12:05 AM)Crusher17 Wrote: It's not the PDC thats why

I’ll give you that. Haha I still watch some bdo matches now and then, but the PDC just has more to offer viewers.
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
Favorite players: Simon Whitlock, Jelle klaasen
2019 180’s: 9/12
2019 Hat: 121/130
2019 highlights: finished game with a 6.45mpr in cricket and lost. 
Won my first tournament! (1/25/19)
“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
I haven't had a problem with the commentary team.

Sometimes Nicho tries a bit hard but when he's his normal self he's fine.
Chris Mason I like. He's got a decent knowledge of the game, counts well and doesn't overdo it coming across as a normal bloke.
Rawlins is of a type....typical darts commentator...older North of England male...

As an aside I am struggling to remember when any TV commentator in any sport has come out and said a particular game is bad or boring. They do on play-by-play text commentary at times but not on TV for obvious reasons.
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
We all have pro s and cons on all the commentators on tv... personally like all of us they ALL have good a bd days. But in general I enjoy all the commentators and all the different styles of presentation the different tv companies bring
Bottom line though we should all be grateful and thankful that’s darts from both sides is on tv and available to us....... the sport has come a long way since the split many years ago.... let’s just enjoy the fact that darts is now getting the coverage it deserves
May be they are trying to colour the overage for the new programmers Eurosport /Quest For the BDO to venture out into the open is at least 1step in the right direction beginning of the journey back I hope so. Commentators will come & gomty persal 2 dislikes are Mardle & Harrington on the other "Mob"
I really think the coverage is decent looking at the circumstances the tournament was organised under. Commentary doesn't bother me as much as the topic starter was describing. What I do think is that Nicholson is trying a bit hard to copy Sid Waddell saying things like the topic starter described. Still a lot better than the commentary here in the Netherlands though. Just sounds like two blokes casually watching a game of darts, no profound knowledge of darts at all.
Currently throwing: DartsClearance 22 grams

180's in 2018: 14 
180's in 2019: 4 (3-4-2019)
(01-11-2019, 01:34 PM)MarcTH Wrote: I really think the coverage is decent looking at the circumstances the tournament was organised under. Commentary doesn't bother me as much as the topic starter was describing. What I do think is that Nicholson is trying a bit hard to copy Sid Waddell saying things like the topic starter described. Still a lot better than the commentary here in the Netherlands though. Just sounds like two blokes casually watching a game of darts, no profound knowledge of darts at all.
Agree, much rather listen to the English comms than those 2 at Eurosport NL. Comms in the Netherlands are bad in general however, even at RTL7 I sometimes can't stand them.