BDO darts commentators.....
Anyone else here absolutely pulling their hair out at the shocking commentary on the BDO World Darts??
I've never heard so much rubbish talked in my life.
Not sure whose the worst.....
John Rawling....senile old duffer who comes out with the most random comments.
Paul Nicholson.....words fail me. Talks the most rubbish of anyone I've ever heard in my life. "I'd have a better chance of understanding a Klingon menu in my sleep." Yes, unbelievably he actually said that.
Chris Mason....compared to Rawling and Nicholson he actually sounds sensible, although he was never as good at darts as he thinks he was.
Then there's the presenter. Nat something or other. Darts knowledge....zero.
Then there's the lass doing the interviews. OMFG.
The whole thing is so cringeworthy even Wolfie looks embarrassed.
Shocking.
Unfortunately it seems that as the championship moves down the channel list further and further the quality of all the above mentioned will suffer. All it seems to be is a dull game of darts being talked over by some idiots constantly talking about what is going on on there twitter feed rather than going on on the board. The whole BDO system is lacking a lot of personalities at the moment
[Image: 34337388126_66ef7fd41f_c.jpg]
Moved to BDO news.  And you're in good company with your commentary assessment:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid535573
I normally dont mind Nico but he's rambled on way to much this year, i dont mind Mason either i think he gets drawn into there rambling vortex
Nicholas & Mason, absolutely love them, so glad they got them, they bring a different aspect to commentary, really loving them! Rawlins is ok in small doses, but starting to worry he has a gambling addiction with all his talk!

The male presenter & utterly useless female interviewer are an embarrassment to broadcasting.

Wolfie is awesome, O'Shea & Nicholson I could listen to for days, they need a podcast!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Paul Nicholson did not like the criticism from John Lowe. As a commentator you should be able to deal with people not liking your work.
Also the comment about them loving their work. Rolleyes
Just loving what you do, does not make it good automatically and also is no argument to save you from any criticsm.

[Image: 4vofy6n.png]
https://twitter.com/TheAsset180/status/1...3141838849
[Image: vVSMqoP.png]
As far as I'm concerned I think all the comms have been doing great jobs, and the pundits (Nat and Wolfie) as well - not sure about Georgie's after match interviews, but even those aren't too bad.
(01-10-2019, 09:16 PM)mc1958 Wrote: As far as I'm concerned I think all the comms have been doing great jobs, and the pundits (Nat and Wolfie) as well - not sure about Georgie's after match interviews, but even those aren't too bad.
I'm with you until Georgie, not her fault but she clearly doesn't know the sport or the players abd it's just out of her depth with it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
I've never really watched darts until this year - but these evening commentators are much better than the guys who were on the afternoon session.
I think when they have two pros in there, they don't know who is calling play by play and who is the colour commentary. The result is that sometimes they're both doing pbp or both doing colour.

I don't mind Mace and Nico as a pairing, although Paul does come out with some rubbish.