To be eligible you must
While I appreciate the drawing and the efforts of everyone behind it, I'm not sure setting up eligibility requirements that have people racing for post count is the best way to do it. This sort of thing tends to clog up the board with people welcoming as many new members as they can and / or complimenting every review of Darren's they can find with short copy+paste posts. I know there was a request to refrain from frivolous posts, but without "frivolous" being defined we're seeing some of the same folks flood large numbers of threads with posts like "Welcome!" and "Nice review."

If the mods are okay with that, then fine, it's certainly not my call. Just food for thought.

It gets noticed and noted when the flood of "welcome" and "nice review" posts are made
Following up on mc1958's comments, some thoughts on the issue.  Disclaimer: my opinion, not speaking for the admins!

With something like this, the forum must walk a thin line between restricting access to contributing members, and throwing the whole thing pretty well open.  Unless specifically protected by various mechanisms, everything we post on this forum is readable to the world - members and non-members alike.  Yes, many things are difficult for non members, won't work properly, or are just plain annoying. Wink   This is by design - but you can certainly see simple posts in an unprotected area with zero post count or even membership.

So by setting a hefty post minimum for this sort of thing, you address the flood of new applicants only interested in jumping on the bandwagon.  The downside, some members will try to 'pad' their post count to make that threshold.  Nature of the beast.

Could you design something only members with the required posts could see?  Surely, but that would have it's own drawbacks and controversies.  And this is the format the forum has used for some time - it's not new.  Mods will try to deal with posts obviously 'spamming' to make the count.  As we do everyday for other functions of the forum regulated in a similar fashion.  If you see something that offends you, feel free to report it.  Mods will take a look and make a call.  We do it everyday.

Is it perfect?  Certainly not, but over time, this format has proven to be viable. So let's all just enjoy the wind up - should prove to be good fun!

cheers, and good darting!
One more thing that some of you may have noticed is that the posters that copy and paste a reply are crowding the responses and actually hurting themselves showing their true colors. We'll be like thinking, "oh that's the chump who posted all the comments just to get their count up".
Some people post only when they have something worth saying and we can see that and makes us want to read what they have to say. a two word comment pretty much is that. $.02 worth of knowledge, maybe?
(02-16-2019, 04:54 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: One more thing that some of you may have noticed is that the posters that copy and paste a reply are crowding the responses and actually hurting themselves showing their true colors. We'll be like thinking, "oh that's the chump who posted all the comments just to get their count up".
Some people post only when they have something worth saying and we can see that and makes us want to read what they have to say. a two word comment pretty much is that. $.02 worth of knowledge, maybe?

Agreed. The mods here aren’t just pretty faces.  Actually, judging by some of the mugshots, they’d all be tied for last in a beauty contest.  Lol!

Just a little bit of news Nutz——-
There is a raffle incoming - soon, very soon.
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]