[Image: aoPAhqI.jpg]

SET UP AS SOLD:

[Image: PCR1NRL.jpg]

MEDIUM, TWEENIE, SHORT, EXTRA SHORT STEMS AND STANDARD FLIGHTS:

[Image: aPqHM1F.jpg]

MY GRIP:

[Image: UYYDCEE.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

These are a similar shape to the previous gold Gurneys but they are not as long.  They look great with the black and green coating but the gold version were also a nice looking set too.  

These are a special edition to celebrate his first major PDC.  They have the compound grip which is a fairly deep grooved ring grip with lateral grooves cut through. Its quite grippy but I think the gold version were just a touch grippier.

The grip is along most of the length of the barrel except for two sections with a small smooth band near the centre and a wider smooth section near the rear.  If your a front to front of centre gripper then you have no problem but if you grip past centre and on the rear and need some grip then it will depend on whether your fingers sit in the right spot.

I would say it could and probably should suit any style of grip though.  It flew fine for me from the front although I think the gold version were a little smoother through the air.  The darts were sometimes smooth for me and sometimes they would spin a fair bit depending on how my fingers caught the grooves but overall it was flying well.  From the middle was ok and from the rear it seemed a little smoother still but I was mostly on the smooth part of the barrel there.

The grip has a kind of heaxagonal feel to it especially when you roll it in your fingers but once you throw the darts for a while it is something you get used to quickly and then it just feels like a slightly more grippy ring grip.

Of the two versions though I would say that even though I dont usually like a long dart I think the gold version suited me a little better.

The flights with these are very sporty looking and suit the colour scheme well as does the Freeflo points which give a very nice smooth transition from point to barrel.

Quality is fine and weight match was very close and price wise its not too crazy for a top players set and you cant go wrong with green lol! Smile

RATINGS OUT OF 10:

LOOKS: 8
GRIP: 7.5
WEIGHT MATCH: 8.5
QUALITY: 8.5
QUALITY CONTROL: 8
VALUE: 7

SUITABILITY FOR ME: 7
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Looking forward to watching/reading this. This is one of the sets I was eyeing up.
Can't believe you bought a set of these - anyone would think you liked green lol. I assume green is for the Irish connection, but a good looking dart whatever colour they made them. Another great set of piccies showing them in all their glory - have already added to the review index Smile
Nice review, cheers, my set has been out on loan for a month as a 'try before you buy' offer to one of the pub's other players. I was feeling generous, but I'd quite like them back now!

I remember that I really liked the compound grip and found the balance to be comfortable / right whether I was holding it at the front or in the middle. I'd been slightly worried about the smooth sections but fortunately they seemed to be in the right places for me - something I sadly can't say about my most recent purchases in the recent RD launch Sad (Firebird/Rogue -the Firebirds are just horrible IMO)
Nicely done on the review again Darren, cheers. mint

Green is good. Big Grin
(01-07-2019, 05:04 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Can't believe you bought a set of these - anyone would think you liked green lol.  I assume green is for the Irish connection, but a good looking dart whatever colour they made them.  Another great set of piccies showing them in all their glory - have already added to the review index Smile

Green is good on everything lol! Thanks Mike! Smile

(01-07-2019, 05:21 PM)Wild Dart Wildheart Wrote: Nice review, cheers, my set has been out on loan for a month as a 'try before you buy' offer to one of the pub's other players. I was feeling generous, but I'd quite like them back now!

I remember that I really liked the compound grip and found the balance to be comfortable / right whether I was holding it at the front or in the middle. I'd been slightly worried about the smooth sections but fortunately they seemed to be in the right places for me - something I sadly can't say about my most recent purchases in the recent RD launch Sad (Firebird/Rogue -the Firebirds are just horrible IMO)

Thanks mate, the last time I loaned some darts to my nephew I never got them back, so hope you get yours back lol!

(01-07-2019, 06:27 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nicely done on the review again Darren, cheers. mint

Green is good. Big Grin

Thanks Brad and your right green is good! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(01-07-2019, 06:42 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks Brad and your right green is good! Smile

Maybe a new Nutz/Grip designed barrel with green coating splashed on. Big Grin
Grip looks like a stack of rear derailleur sprockets for a push bike.

Nice review of a very pretty dart. Looks like a comfortable level of good grip. Nice basic shade of green, should only take a few weeks of hard play to improve it to Genuine Grot Green.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Great review Darren - looks like another tempter for me, even the grip should suit Smile
B: 22g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 7/25
Colours are good but not suitable for my purposes. Thanx for review friend.
nice review of a great looking dart
Well done again Darren.
Ironically I ordered these in 22g on Jan 2/19, and they
were finally despatched this morning .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken 

I think these look great but not going to be on my list anytime soon with that smooth section toward the back. Very good review though. As said earlier maybe a green/black talisman is in order? LOL
Nice review. My wife got me a set of these in 22g for Christmas. Lovely darts but just didn't work right for me compared with my match darts which are 54mm long and 6mm wide and I just couldn't get the Gurney's to fly the same. 

Tried different things and had almost given up until tonight when I put kite flight and intermediate stems (normally use standard flights), within 5 minutes hit back to back 180s and followed by a T20 and then S1 and S20. 

Anyways these seem to be working for me now and I don't have to feel bad and tell the wife that they won't be my new match darts as it's likely they will now!!
[Image: tmq2g1Yl.jpg]
Another wonderful review! Now I have 2 more sets on my wish list... Original gold Guerny's and now these.
Strong am I with the Force.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Simon Whitlock Special Edition 22g Don Q 28 916 12-07-2019, 12:15 AM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Winmau Vengeance 24 gr. review - sort of Angel of darts 18 2,107 11-20-2019, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Angel of darts
  Winmau 2018 Steve Beaton 24g darts review Getagrip 44 12,153 10-27-2019, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Simon Whitlock 22g darts review Getagrip 51 17,473 10-18-2019, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Limpetmine
  Winmau Colin Osborne / Red Dragon Argon 1 25g darts review Cateye 5 342 09-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  Target Keita Ono Solo Gen 2 Limited Edition Steel Tip Darts Unboxing Getagrip 17 1,480 08-01-2019, 08:16 PM
Last Post: Poidisb
  Winmau Golden Vanquish / Red Dragon Tempest 26g darts review Cateye 7 831 07-13-2019, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  Winmau Paul Nicholson 24g darts review Getagrip 30 43,754 04-24-2019, 03:52 PM
  Red Dragon Peter Wright Melbourne Masters Edition 22g darts review Getagrip 23 3,790 03-26-2019, 11:59 AM
  Winmau Navigator 23g darts review best darts bargain ever? Getagrip 98 31,020 02-27-2019, 11:14 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish