When do you "know"?
This is something I've always done, the issue I have is that it causes me to overthink and obsess over the tiny details, what am I doing differently on the shots I know are good? We all know overthinking is usually a solid way to put your game off! Sometimes I can tell just by the transfer to my throwing hand if it's going to be decent or cat all together
Can genuinely say I never know if it's going to hit before it leaves my hand, but I know within a split second of follow through and release if it's going to be in the right area.

I have solid muscle memory for certain shots on the board for some reason, and 95% of the time I know within a split second whether it's gonna be in or I've wired it on release.
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 (23g)
Target Pro Grip Clear Short Stems
Target Vision Fade Yellow Punched Flights 
Target Titanium Slot Lock Rings
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 51
2018: 27

(01-10-2019, 05:55 PM)Dan180 Wrote: Can genuinely say I never know if it's going to hit before it leaves my hand, but I know within a split second of follow through and release if it's going to be in the right area.

I have solid muscle memory for certain shots on the board for some reason, and 95% of the time I know within a split second whether it's gonna be in or I've wired it on release.

Same...
I can't tell reliably. Sometimes I throw and immediately think 'that's in' and it isn't. Sure, sometimes it is but I'm wrong as often as I'm right. Likewise with a poor throw, if I don't yip it halfway across the board (which is immediately obvious well before it hits anything) then I can throw and think 'that's nowhere near' and it goes straight into the target, but that's pretty rare by comparison.
2019 180 count: 24 (2018 - 24 total)
501 best - 13 darts
Best out - 150 (t20, t20, d15) 
For me, it’s as the dart is released...but it’s more of a slow-motion visual coupled with a slow-motion audio, “Oooohhhhh.....Noooooo” while watching the dart hit a single 1. LOL
[Image: un8EQyk.jpg]

Darts:  Harrows Spina Blacks, 22 Gram
           Target Storm Smooth Black Points
           Harrows Supergrip Carbon Shafts (In-Between)
           Winmau Rhino Scotland Flights (Standard)