Too good to be true?
Hi fellow Nutz,

Haven’t been darting for a while now (long story)… however I'm slowly getting back into and enjoying my darts so all’s well.

I was looking around eBay and randomly clicking on darts when I stumbled upon this person selling a ton of rare darts?

He seems to prefer Jocky and explains that even though they are not "Jocky Wilson darts" they were his own that he won championships with? He also mentions Leighton and big Cliff… Rolleyes

Anyhoo, I believe this person is a scammer and wanted to alert my Nutz friends to him.

Sorry if this has been discussed before and I missed it, I did a search before posting but couldn't find anything.

Have a look here;

https://www.ebay.ie/usr/bhogan777

https://feedback.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...272&page=1
Not sure if this seller has been discussed before, but I wouldn't buy anything off of him. He has previously put up several sets of darts given to him by Jocky and also some by Keith Deller and Alan Evans as well - there have been others but can't remember who as it's been a while since I looked on ebay properly. Jocky especially seems to have given him numerous amounts of sets.

The main thing putting me off is the user name. His name may be B Hogan and he may be from Scotland, but there was a famous golfer called Ben Hogan who was American and died around 20 years ago - so using that name and the link with golf put me off straight away.

I'm not saying that what he is selling isn't genuine - it may well be for all I know - just that I personally wouldn't buy from him.
(12-23-2018, 07:18 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register

Yeah, it's not unreasonable for a dart pro to gift someone a set of darts but this guy has been gifted loads from everyone...

I thought about not posting this at all cause the people on here are almost certain to realise this is a scam but thought that I should because the more people that are on to him the less likely one of us or someone we know will fall foul.

Frankly I'm amazed at the feed-back he has received, loads of positive feedback about vintage darts.

I mean If, I were going to buy a vintage set of darts from him (anyone) I'd check out their feedback at which point I'd see he has sold loads of "rare" darts from Jocky, deller, rees ect, in fact, far too many for any of them to actually be rare at all.

I'm also very disappointed in eBay itself, they should be far more aware of this but as long as they are getting their cut I suppose...
name seems familiar to me
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Many years back I entered & played in an open to all charity event most of the stars of the day were involved a good #of "legends 'in the entry pack was a flyer saying that this guy ran a child cancer research charity & that any money or darts kit donated would be sold & only out of pocket expenses retained some thing in the order of 89 p in every £ donated would go to the cause I know the charity was near to Jocky's heart but have no idea if this was the E bay guy but if he's still farming them out Either Jocky gave him a huge#of sets or its a twisted truth although I have no genuine knowledge either wey but as said I think I 'd obtain from an alternative source

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  True Balance Dorwins McInnis180 4 2,276 04-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Last Post: McInnis180