[Image: AT3QBYP.jpg]

SET UP AS SOLD:

[Image: 2HaQSxx.jpg]

MEDIUM, TWEENIE, SHORT, EXTRA SHORT STEMS AND STANDARD FLIGHTS:

[Image: hlMqI9t.jpg]

MY GRIP:

[Image: Q3nXchd.jpg]

CONCLUSION:

The original Wolfram darts have been a very popular and big seller for Harrows so I guess it was inevitable an update was on the cards and what an update it is!  Its another great looking set for the 2019 range and once again machined with a very nice and well designed grip.   Its similar in shape to the original Wolfram being a fairly slim longish front taper.  I think this version is a little thicker front and rear although the front is still fairly thin at just around 6mm but it tapers to a slightly wider 6.77.  The grip on this version seems to have taken a little cue from the rear grip of the first version which had thin rings with raised edges. 

This version has wider rings at the front and the edges are curved with the back edge being higher than the preceding edge.  It is quite grippy but not in an aggressive way and kind of feels like mini scallops with thin biting edges.  The rear is also around the same level of grip and made from angled rings in alternate angles so you get a kind of wavy scallop.  All a very nice feeling grip though.

The nose of the dart is quite flat and squarish but I have had some close groupings and its not been a problem as yet but I think its because its got a very small taper that just may be helping enough when making contact, still I imagine some people would have liked a more gentle front but it feels fine to hold there for me.

The darts are packaged very neatly again as this is in the premium range so comes in the same packaging as the Oracles and Spina I reviewed already. So again you get a set of spare points which is not much good unless you have a re-pointer but still nice to have although once again I would have preferred extra stems Smile

The black ti coating contrasts very nicely with the vivid red metallic coating in the grooves and the thin natural coloured grooves adds another neat contrast.  On the whole its a really good looking dart.

When throwing the darts the balance felt like it was just a little past centre but it flew fairly well for me and since playing with them for longer I have had some nice scores and groupings but I think I still prefer the Oracle and Spina more.

I think it could be fine for some front grippers, may be best if you have a flattish throw but seems like it could be very nicely balanced for middle to rear grippers.

Quality is really good once again, darts are neatly machined and perfectly matched in weight so no complaints there at all.

For a 97% tungsten set thats machined and coated this nicely its also great that Harrows have kept the price below £50 at close to £47 I would say that it is great value and should be another massive seller for Harrows, I can see this been a very popular dart indeed. Smile

RATINGS OUT OF 10:

LOOKS: 9

GRIP: 7.5
WEIGHT MATCH: 10
QUALITY: 10
QUALITY CONTROL: 10
VALUE: 8

SUITABILITY FOR ME: 7.5
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Great review, i can honestly say i bought these on looks and the grip, they do feel like there gonna rip your skin off at first but they dont and the release i found was smooth, was a bit worried about the front nose and deflections, i used them Monday night and i didn't get anything wild with them they group nicely.. you uglied them up with blue stems lol
(12-19-2018, 05:27 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Great review, i can honestly say i bought these on looks and the grip, they do feel like there gonna rip your skin off at first but they dont and the release i found was smooth, was a bit worried about the front nose and deflections, i used them Monday night and i didn't get anything wild with them they group nicely.. you uglied them up with blue stems lol

Thanks Chris! Smile Yeah I think it does release nice but still has a slight edginess, kind of a unique feel but seems effective enough Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Glad you mentioned the nose doesn't seem to cause undue deflections - wondered about that right away.  Fine review of a great looking dart from Harrows!  Added to list of reviewed darts. Smile
Nicely done yet again Darren, cheers. mint

For me even though blunt the nose/front of barrel is narrow enough to keep radical deflections to a minimum as already mentioned.
Great review!

Popped up in my "Darts to Look At" feed and I was wondering when you would review them.

You just did!

I think I am a middle gripper and everything and every dart I have seen has a smooth place for the logo in the middle that messes up the grip.

Any new darts for middle grippers?!
B: 25g   S: Short   F: Shape   180s: 7/25
Thanks for another stellar review Darren. Awesome photos as usual.
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
Dart has so much going for it. Avant Guard groove work, Solid colour scheme. 97% Tungsten and not an unreasonable price either. Maybe a future get, but Ryk is all out of spondulicks for 2018.

Nice review, It seems odd how thick it is; when compared to the 23g Argos Navigator - I'd expect a 97%'er to get to Skinny Pete levels of thin.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Nice dart, nice review...think Harrows has by far the best release of all manufacurers. And i bet these Wolframs will sell well.

Is it just me or are the original stems not quite fitting? Looks like there is a small gap?
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
Great review ,as always .

Sadly this dart just has the smooth section right where i grip. 

Nevertheless i was quite impressed by these darts . Though they seem to look some kind  of dark brown instead of black.
180 ies /2019:    29 Moddarts

(12-19-2018, 06:21 PM)jt4527 Wrote: Great review!

Popped up in my "Darts to Look At" feed and I was wondering when you would review them.

You just did!

I think I am a middle gripper and everything and every dart I have seen has a smooth place for the logo in the middle that messes up the grip.

Ditto, I love the look of some of the new releases and also Red Dragon Deltas and Mambas but they're the same, it's middle grip discrimination lol
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
I'm really impressed with Harrow's 2019 releases. I considered the Wolframs as well as the Oracles but in the end bought a set of Predators. I must say I'm very happy with my choice and if the Wolframs are as good a dart as the Predators then they are very good indeed. Great review as always Darren!
Liberal heathen
Thank you for the great review again Darren.
For my taste, Harrows latest release is the best I've saw in long time.
I think the last release that I was so excited about, was when Target release the first pixel grip darts.
They all look nice and the grip on them durable
I will not be extreme if I tell that I want every single set of their latest release.
So I will wait for you to review all the others too and decide which of them to buy.
I think right know if going for the Spina
(12-19-2018, 06:05 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Glad you mentioned the nose doesn't seem to cause undue deflections - wondered about that right away.  Fine review of a great looking dart from Harrows!  Added to list of reviewed darts. Smile

Thanks Glenn, it seems to be ok from what I have noticed so far, was a little surprised myself though Smile

(12-19-2018, 06:15 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nicely done yet again Darren, cheers. mint

For me even though blunt the nose/front of barrel is narrow enough to keep radical deflections to a minimum as already mentioned.

Thanks Brad, mind you I like to have deflections, it means my darts are grouping better lol Tongue

You just did!

LOL thanks!" its a problem that is often mentioned, but the Predator sounds like they could be worth a look Smile

(12-19-2018, 06:34 PM)Spencerdl Wrote: Thanks for another stellar review Darren. Awesome photos as usual.

Thanks Derrick Smile

(12-19-2018, 07:03 PM)Ryk Wrote: Dart has so much going for it. Avant Guard groove work, Solid colour scheme. 97% Tungsten and not an unreasonable price either. Maybe a future get, but Ryk is all out of spondulicks for 2018.

Nice review, It seems odd how thick it is; when compared to the 23g Argos Navigator - I'd expect a 97%'er to get to Skinny Pete levels of thin.

Thanks Ryk, I am wondering if its to do with the way the grip is machined, may be they needed a thicker dart because it was getting a lot of machining?

(12-19-2018, 08:07 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Nice dart, nice review...think Harrows has by far the best release of all manufacurers. And i bet these Wolframs will sell well.

Is it just me or are the original stems not quite fitting? Looks like there is a small gap?

Cheers Jens! Smile Yes I agree, it was a really good line up by Harrows this year Smile Stems seem to fit fine so could be just the pics light and angles etc?

(12-19-2018, 09:42 PM)volla Wrote: Great review ,as always .

Sadly this dart just has the smooth section right where i grip. 

Nevertheless i was quite impressed by these darts . Though they seem to look some kind  of dark brown instead of black.

Thanks mate! Smile They are black but could be more lights washing it out a little?

(12-19-2018, 10:54 PM)Chappers Wrote:

You just did!

Ditto, I love the look of some of the new releases and also Red Dragon Deltas and Mambas but they're the same, it's middle grip discrimination lol

Smile

(12-20-2018, 03:07 AM)cubdog Wrote: I'm really impressed with Harrow's 2019 releases. I considered the Wolframs as well as the Oracles but in the end bought a set of Predators. I must say I'm very happy with my choice and if the Wolframs are as good a dart as the Predators then they are very good indeed. Great review as always Darren!

Cheers! Yeah they have made a lot of nice darts this time so hard to pick between them all Smile

(12-20-2018, 12:56 PM)copigme Wrote: Thank you for the great review again Darren.
For my taste, Harrows latest release is the best I've saw in long time.
I think the last release that I was so excited about, was when Target release the first pixel grip darts.
They all look nice and the grip on them durable
I will not be extreme if I tell that I want every single set of their latest release.
So I will wait for you to review all the others too and decide which of them to buy.
I think right know if going for the Spina

Thanks John, I cant decide either Oracles or Spina Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I struggle with most of my darts replicating the exact grip between throws; a scallop as a reference point is much more helpful to me than various sections of grip.

I love the look of this and many other new Harrows... wow!

So question to Getagrip or anyone else who's tried them: are you able to discriminate the mini scallops, or do they just feel like continuous grip?
I notice a few other new Harrow darts have similar appearing sections of mini scallops, including the less expensive Predator and RAZR.

Thanks in advance!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Paragon 23g Darts Review Getagrip 18 361 12-10-2019, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 29 1,602 10-30-2019, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 28 5,756 10-30-2019, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Pulse 24g darts review Getagrip 39 7,357 10-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Harrows Plexus 25gr 90% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 20 2,691 09-18-2019, 01:28 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Harrows Glen Durrant World Champion Series 2 24g darts review Getagrip 21 5,164 08-24-2019, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Harrows Razr 24g Darts Review Getagrip 34 4,655 08-10-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: LKH9
  Harrows Verve 23g darts review Getagrip 34 7,869 06-05-2019, 03:02 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 46 7,420 06-01-2019, 05:43 AM
Last Post: barcrusher
  Harrows Spina Black 23g Darts Review Getagrip 24 7,970 05-03-2019, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Ukic