2019 World Series schedule
Well I know for certain that the top 4 get automatic entry in to all world series events...4 weeks ago, 3rd to 5th went Wright, Anderson, Gurney... then 2 weeks ago it was Gurney, Anderson, Wright....now it's Anderson, Wright, Gurney.

My point is that I don't know when they took the top 4. If they had waited until the end of April I'm pretty sure Wright will be ranked number 6 at the expense of Smithy being Number 5 because Wright has got about £40,000 to defend that I don't see him defending. Yeah it should totally be more balanced between ranks 5-16ish and also it should be more balanced between locations. I don't see it as much of a "series". The 45782814th German Event, I guess the Las Vegas event is good and then three in Oceania. Bring back an Asian event and maybe one in Belgium or something for me. Even Dubai Duty Free if you're struggling
(04-11-2019, 02:46 PM)SamCarter501 Wrote: Well I know for certain that the top 4 get automatic entry in to all world series events...4 weeks ago, 3rd to 5th went Wright, Anderson, Gurney... then 2 weeks ago it was Gurney, Anderson, Wright....now it's Anderson, Wright, Gurney.

My point is that I don't know when they took the top 4. If they had waited until the end of April I'm pretty sure Wright will be ranked number 6 at the expense of Smithy being Number 5 because Wright has got about £40,000 to defend that I don't see him defending. Yeah it should totally be more balanced between ranks 5-16ish and also it should be more balanced between locations. I don't see it as much of a "series". The 45782814th German Event, I guess the Las Vegas event is good and then three in Oceania. Bring back an Asian event and maybe one in Belgium or something for me. Even Dubai Duty Free if you're struggling

There are so many possibilities for new events, the problem is just that the calendar is packed. So they can't do much more than 5-6 events total. I don't know why Asia has been dropped, China and/or Japan should have events. In a few years I think Canada or South Africa could work as well. I'd drop the German event and one of the Australians but Germany is a real cash cow so can't see that happening.

As for the rankings, the picture they posted has Gurney's name 3rd but not sure if that means anything. I guess they were quite happy to include Wright in all events because the fans will love the stupid dance and buy the wigs.
They did 7 one year, albeit that was with 1 less Euro Tour weekend and 4 less Pro Tour weekends.
(04-10-2019, 12:12 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Headshaker doesn't deserve any invite at all, but hopefully Germany is the only one he does get in for - it wouldn't surprise me if he got picked for the Australia and New Zealand events as well though as one of the "leading PDC players", even though he is nowhere near being a leading player these days.

As I said it wouldn't surprise me if headshaker got picked for Australia and New Zealand:

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/06/12/ocean...arney-wade

No doubt as he is now in 4 of the 5 events that will get him enough oom points to get through to the finals as well.

Good to see Wade getting a spot though, although not really sure about Anderson or Cadby taking a couple of the local players spots for all 3 events now they are based over here in the UK.
Still no idea how Ian White hasn't gotten in these yet, probably the most deserving player at least this year if not over the past couple of years
Started playing: June 2017

Best finish: 170 (THE BIG ?)

Best leg: 14 darts

Currently using: trusty old 22g DC Darts
Completely agree on Ian White - yes his stage form in the big tv events hasn't been as good as his floor form, but he is now showing on the Euro Tour events what he can do, so he is far more worthy of a spot than Barney. Several people made similar comments about White as well in reply to the PDC email for the above story.
As for Anderson and Cadby, I actually agree with them taking the local spots. I would even consider putting Whitlock as a local but it's probably more balanced this way. They are full PDC players, but none of them would really get considered for these events if they weren't from Australia.
But both Anderson and Cadby are now based over here and not in Australia. So in my opinion they should only be considered for the 8 full PDC spots and not to the detriment of one of the local players, irrespective of whether or not they wouldn't otherwise be considered.
There's a really good interview with Matt Porter on the Live Darts YT channel where he discusses a lot of things including the selection of players for World Series.

Hard to disagree when he says most fans in England or Europe are looking from the wrong angle and that when the fans (and tv companies, promoters) in regions such as America, Australia and New Zealand get their once a year chance at seeing a live PDC event they want to see the big names and their own best players.
Brisbane and Melbourne fields now finalised

2019 Brisbane Darts Masters
August 9-10, BCEC, Brisbane
PDC Representatives:
Michael van Gerwen, Rob Cross, Gary Anderson, Daryl Gurney, Peter Wright, James Wade, Simon Whitlock, Raymond van Barneveld
Oceanic Representatives: Kyle Anderson, Corey Cadby, Damon Heta (DPA Number One), James Bailey (DPA Number Two), Ben Robb (DPNZ Qualifier), Koha Kokiri, Brendon McCausland, Haupai Puha (DPA Qualifiers)

2019 Melbourne Darts Masters
August 16-17, Melbourne Arena
PDC Representatives:
Michael van Gerwen, Rob Cross, Gary Anderson, Daryl Gurney, Peter Wright, James Wade, Simon Whitlock, Raymond van Barneveld
Oceanic Representatives: Kyle Anderson, Corey Cadby, Damon Heta (DPA Number One), James Bailey (DPA Number Two), Haupai Puha (DPNZ Qualifier), Robbie King, Mick Lacey, and Tim Pusey (DPA Qualifiers)

One spot left to resolve for the New Zealand Masters which is a DPA qualifier tomorrow:

2019 NZ Darts Masters
August 23-24, Claudelands Arena, Hamilton
PDC Representatives:
Oceanic Representatives: Kyle Anderson, Corey Cadby, Cody Harris, Haupai Puha (DPNZ Number One), Craig Caldwell (DPNZ Number Two), Damon Heta, Ben Robb (DPNZ Qualifiers), DPA Qualifier (July 7, Warilla)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019/20 PDC World Championship news/qualifiers mc1958 15 462 10-20-2019, 09:42 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  2019 World Series Finals mc1958 12 318 10-16-2019, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix mc1958 73 1,775 10-14-2019, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  PDC World Matchplay 2019 SamCarter501 216 6,231 08-02-2019, 09:36 AM
Last Post: SamCarter501
  2019 World Matchplay - A New Champion? leon0677 12 554 07-26-2019, 08:56 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  2019 World Cup of Darts mc1958 134 5,150 06-12-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Luca82cb
  2019 PDC World Championship Draw Kosumo 15 1,521 12-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Last Post: RooieReetAap
  2018 World Series of Darts Finals mc1958 62 3,298 11-05-2018, 03:28 PM
Last Post: JamieJ
  2019 Premier League Schedule mc1958 2 732 09-28-2018, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Nucky
  World Series of Darts 2018 dates and players announced mc1958 46 3,807 08-19-2018, 11:47 AM
Last Post: joeriw96