Harrows Supergrip Carbon Shafts Review
(12-18-2018, 05:27 PM)Crusher17 Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 05:20 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 05:12 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Good review Darren, i just got some yesterday & used them in league last night, so a bit early to say much about them, i do like the look of them

Thanks Chris, its a neat looking and stylish stem, the colours stand out nice on the black but its all about how well they last I guess Smile

I got the Red & Black ones, put them on my new Wolframs they look really sharp, if they last longer then normal supergrips i'll be happy not that the regular ones dont last for me

Cool Smile

(12-18-2018, 05:57 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Nice review Darren. I'd like to see some proper comparison though. Or just tell me. Do you think that common nylon stem would break that easily too if you would just drop it on the floor? I somehow don't think there is any advantage over common nylons. The carbon stems may be more durable than the proplast ones but I don't think that something can beat the common solid colour  nylons.

Thanks! I am not sure really, as sometimes its about the angle of impact etc, would be good if I had one of those machines they use to test the strength/breaking point of objects but without that I am not sure how to do a completely fair test.

(12-18-2018, 06:16 PM)Ryk Wrote: More videos of feeble non-metal stems getting mangled please!

LOL Smile

(12-18-2018, 06:27 PM)Spencerdl Wrote: Thanks for the review Darren. I've been looking at these stems lately because I like the color coordination writing on the black. I might have to order a couple of sets to see how the compare with my favorite Carbon L-style stems.

No worries glad you liked it Smile

(12-18-2018, 06:36 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: They look very nice Darren thanks for taking the time to review them, difficult to see in the pictures are they matt or gloss finish?

Thanks Chris, I think its closer to matt but its kind of inbetween, not too shiny and not to dull Smile

(12-18-2018, 06:39 PM)Jim_sol Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 05:20 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 05:07 PM)Jim_sol Wrote: I have been using these since their release and have not broken any yet, again have had a few bounce outs and robin hood's, the normal Supergrip stems I found very brittle not these though.

Jim

Thanks Jim, good to hear that.  They do seem to be lasting so far under normal playing so I am hopeful they are a little more durable.  Is your floor hard or carpeted?

I have used them on all flooring types as I use them during league nights as well. Have had a couple of hard floor bounce outs but carpeted mainly.

I'm either very lucky or these are very decent stems.

Much better than the Target Carbon top, broke one of those on its first use with a robin hood, put a new one on and then next throw bounce out, snapped at the thread, and not used again.

Jim

Sounds good so far then Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I've been using them since they came out and they are a great stem. Stronger for sure than Supergrip poly-carbonate but in all honesty I can't say they are stronger than nylons.

I can have a set of nylon stems for 6 months or more and generally replace them for cosmetic reasons rather than because they are damaged. I see the carbons being the same so for me the value is fine, but it would be interesting to see how a stem-mangler gets on with them.
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Thanks for the review.

I was looking at getting a few sets when I was placing an order at Darts Corner yesterday, but when I can get 5 sets of polycarbonates for £4 and just replace broken stems when they very rarely happen, I couldn't really justify the price of the carbons.

They do look good though.
B: 25g   S: Short   F: Standard   180s: 2
I have a few sets, they're pretty decent, certainly stronger than the RD Carbon Crossfire stems I got about 2 days use out of a couple of years back!

There's not really much need to use them aside from their aesthetic value, they do look nice when you've got the coloured rings on, but without the rings I don't particularly notice the writing on them.

I'd definitely recommend buying a lot of spare rings in your preferred colour, as they seem especially brittle and prone to splitting.
(12-18-2018, 11:54 PM)Banz Wrote: I've been using them since they came out and they are a great stem.  Stronger for sure than Supergrip poly-carbonate but in all honesty I can't say they are stronger than nylons.

I can have a set of nylon stems for 6 months or more and generally replace them for cosmetic reasons rather than because they are damaged.  I see the carbons being the same so for me the value is fine, but it would be interesting to see how a stem-mangler gets on with them.

Thanks for the feedback, seems like they are lasting people quite well so far then Smile

(12-19-2018, 10:37 AM)jt4527 Wrote: Thanks for the review.

I was looking at getting a few sets when I was placing an order at Darts Corner yesterday, but when I can get 5 sets of polycarbonates for £4 and just replace broken stems when they very rarely happen, I couldn't really justify the price of the carbons.

They do look good though.

Cheers! Guess it all depends on how well they last and if it bothers they individual about buying 1 set or a few sets, probably more down to personal choice in the end I think Smile

(12-19-2018, 02:35 PM)Wild Dart Wildheart Wrote: I have a few sets, they're pretty decent, certainly stronger than the RD Carbon Crossfire stems I got about 2 days use out of a couple of years back!

There's not really much need to use them aside from their aesthetic value, they do look nice when you've got the coloured rings on, but without the rings I don't particularly notice the writing on them.

I'd definitely recommend buying a lot of spare rings in your preferred colour, as they seem especially brittle and prone to splitting.

Thanks mate Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Anyone else using these shafts?  Waiting for mine to be delivered.  I've had bad luck with the "regular" SuperGrips - several have broken off at the barrel (they seem rather brittle).  Granted, I have hardwood floors, so that doesn't help when they fall.  Hoping the carbon stems can hold up a bit better.  Will post an update down the road.
(01-16-2019, 07:32 PM)GoGrey Wrote: Anyone else using these shafts?  Waiting for mine to be delivered.  I've had bad luck with the "regular" SuperGrips - several have broken off at the barrel (they seem rather brittle).  Granted, I have hardwood floors, so that doesn't help when they fall.  Hoping the carbon stems can hold up a bit better.  Will post an update down the road.

I've posted in here previously but an update... My set of Supergrip Carbons are still in perfect condition after 2+ months of almost daily throwing.

Like you I found the Supergrip poly-carbonate stems brittle (all poly-carbonates in fact) but these have been perfect for me.  I play on uncovered wooden floors for the most part so any bounce outs have a hard landing.
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Has anyone have an opinion on how these compare to Laro carbon stems? Laro carbon last me about 6 - 8 months but @ 18$ a set looking for something a bit cheaper tyia

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
My main arrows - Shot! Longitude 918 3 series no.5 20g full set up,  Target pro grip stems (short), lippoint no.5 points (dynasty no.5 conversion for steel), harrows marathon flights (punched), target titanium slot lock rings
Good stem, but had a tang break above the slot lock ring on a punched setup.  With regular nylon or even polycarbonate, I find tangs tend to break below the ring on a robin hood.  And the slot lock ring holds them together like a splint.  Until the whole flight assembly falls off. Rolleyes

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid483626

Outside of looks, don't see a big advantage over solid colour nylon.
I've been using these for going on a month now and have to agree they look good but no other advantage than that. But I like the looks a lot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L-Style Flights and Shafts Review Getagrip 40 5,836 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Target Titanium carbon stems review JayKay 24 8,829 01-08-2019, 03:04 AM
Last Post: John Weita
  Harrows blaze case review skinnygav 8 1,478 01-07-2019, 02:39 AM
Last Post: hhigashi
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 2,312 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  AFS Dual Extractor Tool Review To Remove Broken 2BA NO5 AFS M3 Darts Shafts and Tips Getagrip 2 610 12-02-2018, 10:19 AM
  Official Harrows Clic flight and shaft system review Getagrip 95 72,731 04-20-2018, 02:45 PM
  Harrows Sonic Standard Flight Review Ehudakineyah 22 2,964 03-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Harrows Clic updated review on new standard stems and improved flights Getagrip 42 13,915 01-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Last Post: GreenDart180
  Target Cortex Titanium Shafts review Getagrip 21 9,411 01-19-2017, 03:38 PM
  Target PRO GRIP SPIN SHAFTS Clear review (video included) Trainor180 22 11,584 07-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out