Harrows Supergrip Carbon Shafts Review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cV-TJSmFGE

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

Just a quick review of the new Harrows Supergrip Carbon stems.  Well not a lot to say about them as such as they look similar to the Supergrip stems already out except obviously made of carbon.  They are fairly neat with the coloured text and rings and there is at present 5 colours; silver, gold, red, aqua, and my favourite which is green lol Smile

They are available in medium, midi, small, details in pic below and retail for around £1.95 a set.

If you remove the rings from the stem then they are fractionally lighter than a same size nylon stem but I dont see any difference in performance.  But they just may be more durable overall.   In the video I put a stem on a 30g dart and dropped it on a hard floor.  It did not break first time but it did break second time at the thread.  There is a slight flex to the stems and breaking one with my fingers seems to take about the same force as breaking a normal stem, may be a little more.  I found the tines a little harder to break as it was difficult to get a good grasp on them but they same to hold the flights nice and tight.

I have played with them just over 2 weeks now and not broke them during normal playing conditions, I have had a few bounceouts and 1 robin hood but they are still fine.  So its hard to be 100% sure if they are going to be more durable, they seem to be but will keep on testing.

Still its a nice stem and compared to the prices of some other carbon stems they are not crazily priced.

[Image: LaRg7CV.jpg]

[Image: 2T3MMCZ.jpg]

[Image: tJC6sV8.jpg]

[Image: Dc5byql.jpg]

[Image: frfWV98.jpg]
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I have been using these since their release and have not broken any yet, again have had a few bounce outs and robin hood's, the normal Supergrip stems I found very brittle not these though.

Jim
Good review Darren, i just got some yesterday & used them in league last night, so a bit early to say much about them, i do like the look of them
(12-18-2018, 05:07 PM)Jim_sol Wrote: I have been using these since their release and have not broken any yet, again have had a few bounce outs and robin hood's, the normal Supergrip stems I found very brittle not these though.

Jim

Thanks Jim, good to hear that. They do seem to be lasting so far under normal playing so I am hopeful they are a little more durable. Is your floor hard or carpeted?

(12-18-2018, 05:12 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Good review Darren, i just got some yesterday & used them in league last night, so a bit early to say much about them, i do like the look of them

Thanks Chris, its a neat looking and stylish stem, the colours stand out nice on the black but its all about how well they last I guess Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(12-18-2018, 05:20 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 05:12 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Good review Darren, i just got some yesterday & used them in league last night, so a bit early to say much about them, i do like the look of them

Thanks Chris, its a neat looking and stylish stem, the colours stand out nice on the black but its all about how well they last I guess Smile

I got the Red & Black ones, put them on my new Wolframs they look really sharp, if they last longer then normal supergrips i'll be happy not that the regular ones dont last for me
Nice review Darren. I'd like to see some proper comparison though. Or just tell me. Do you think that common nylon stem would break that easily too if you would just drop it on the floor? I somehow don't think there is any advantage over common nylons. The carbon stems may be more durable than the proplast ones but I don't think that something can beat the common solid colour nylons.
More videos of feeble non-metal stems getting mangled please!
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Thanks for the review Darren. I've been looking at these stems lately because I like the color coordination writing on the black. I might have to order a couple of sets to see how the compare with my favorite Carbon L-style stems.
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
They look very nice Darren thanks for taking the time to review them, difficult to see in the pictures are they matt or gloss finish?
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(12-18-2018, 05:20 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(12-18-2018, 05:07 PM)Jim_sol Wrote: I have been using these since their release and have not broken any yet, again have had a few bounce outs and robin hood's, the normal Supergrip stems I found very brittle not these though.

Jim

Thanks Jim, good to hear that.  They do seem to be lasting so far under normal playing so I am hopeful they are a little more durable.  Is your floor hard or carpeted?

I have used them on all flooring types as I use them during league nights as well. Have had a couple of hard floor bounce outs but carpeted mainly.

I'm either very lucky or these are very decent stems.

Much better than the Target Carbon top, broke one of those on its first use with a robin hood, put a new one on and then next throw bounce out, snapped at the thread, and not used again.

Jim

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  L-Style Flights and Shafts Review Getagrip 40 5,897 02-15-2019, 10:27 PM
Last Post: ME27
  Target Titanium carbon stems review JayKay 24 8,866 01-08-2019, 03:04 AM
Last Post: John Weita
  Harrows blaze case review skinnygav 8 1,494 01-07-2019, 02:39 AM
Last Post: hhigashi
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 2,372 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  AFS Dual Extractor Tool Review To Remove Broken 2BA NO5 AFS M3 Darts Shafts and Tips Getagrip 2 615 12-02-2018, 10:19 AM
  Official Harrows Clic flight and shaft system review Getagrip 95 72,822 04-20-2018, 02:45 PM
  Harrows Sonic Standard Flight Review Ehudakineyah 22 2,984 03-08-2018, 10:20 PM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Harrows Clic updated review on new standard stems and improved flights Getagrip 42 13,967 01-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Last Post: GreenDart180
  Target Cortex Titanium Shafts review Getagrip 21 9,453 01-19-2017, 03:38 PM
  Target PRO GRIP SPIN SHAFTS Clear review (video included) Trainor180 22 11,614 07-22-2016, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Bounce Out