Slotlock punches on kite flights??
Has anyone used a Slotlock punch on kite flights?

Most punches appear to have guides for standard/slim and I can't tell if the point on a kite flight is too narrow for a slot.

Any advice you can offer on the difference between rings and punches will be greatly appreciated. I fluctuate between power shafts and nylon with Target Ti rings. I'm trying to keep the shaft and flight as short as possible, but I don't really want to go for extra short shafts as it limits choice.
Throwing darts since July 2018.

Winmau Vanquish 25g, short clear Supergrip stems, Ti slotlocks, clear DSX kite flights.
Winmau Navigator 3 23g, Supergrips short clear/blue, Harrows Retina kite grey.
Winmau Testament 26g, Phil Taylor Power shafts Gen4, Harrows Retina kite grey.
Winmau Blade 5
Gorilla ArrowPro Stand with Bulls rotating mount.

Mid to rear gripper.

180s 2018: 6
180s 2019: 14

I've had no problems punching kites. A hint I got from here is to slightly open the flight first so you can use the fold line in the flight as guide to help centre the flight in the punch.

Also I've used Bull's, Target and Harrows flight punches. They're all the same, so buy the cheapest. Also I use the Target titanium slot lock rings and I haven't had to replace one yet.

Post a pic of your setup when you're done.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Cheers. This is what they look like most of the time now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Winmau Vanquish 25g, short clear Supergrip stems, Ti slotlocks, clear DSX kite flights.
Winmau Blade 5

Mid to rear gripper.

With those Harrows it shouldn't be to bad, stick the flight in the slot and line the red middle up making sure both sides are even, if you have a junk set practice on those
I've been doing mine with a home made template
and craft knife and had no problems, although I
have ordered a punch just for safety purposes as I
don't want to cut myself if the knife was to slip.  Smile
Kevin a.k.a. "Sniper".  Moddarts
Not a problem at all. Although it needs a bit of accuracy. I use mostly kites and pears and I always have punched flights (if it's not cosmo or robson etc.). Just punch it as precisely as you can, then refold the flight the other way round and re-punch it once again if it looks like it needs to be done because if it's not punched precisely then the flight can warp too much..

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(12-14-2018, 05:23 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks. The pic really helps. Have you tried using a standard flight as a guide so you can mark the centreline on the punch?

That's a cool colour scheme you have there. Are the supergrips fusions  as good as the standard supergrips?

Winmau Blade 5

Mid to rear gripper.

Thanks for the info @ElevenDarter. I will probably punch a couple of my Velos flights this week and since they're similar to Kite flights this info will come in handy.
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(12-17-2018, 07:39 AM)Doctor Bones Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
It only needs a bit of patience. I believe you won't have any problems to punch your Velos.
(12-14-2018, 05:23 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register  Are those rings pushed in fully? in that position does the ring grip the stem tang?Although looking more closely the flights don't seem to be fully pushed home ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from kite flights to slim flights... Doctor Bones 7 218 07-12-2019, 04:40 AM
Last Post: Doctor Bones
  CUESOUL New TERO AK4 Slim and Kite shape dart flights CUESOULSPORTS 0 251 10-23-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: CUESOULSPORTS
  Does this manufacturer make kite flights? DanGoldsmith180 8 1,441 12-25-2016, 10:22 PM
Last Post: DanGoldsmith180
  Union Jack Bulldog Kite Flights Jobst 2 610 11-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Jobst