Harrows Wolfram Infinity
My eagerly anticipated Wolfram Infinity's came in last week. 
Very nice darts, especially for a rear gripper like me, but to me they are a lot more grippy than the original Wolframs. 

[Image: wBtzgaI.jpg]
Compared to the original (Infinity is 24 gr., original is 23 gr )

[Image: JKxEinZ.jpg]

There's bits of me in the grip, should have cleaned them ! 

[Image: gtL9pMQ.jpg]

The nose is a lot squarer, almost like the Wade's!

[Image: oqErie4.jpg]
Cheers!
Angel of Darts Angel

Current set-up:
Unicorn Seigo Asada Noir 23 gr.
Unicorn Gripper Midi 
Unicorn Ultrafly Bigwing
Unicorn Eclipse HD (still)
Very nice. I must say these and the Plexus really did it to me... But I have to resist.
Is the flight behaviour of the two Wolframs similar?
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
(12-09-2018, 04:43 PM)Angel of darts Wrote: My eagerly anticipated Wolfram Infinity's came in last week. 
Very nice darts, especially for a rear gripper like me, but to me they are a lot more grippy than the original Wolframs. 

I love mine 25 g steel.....how are yours to throw?...love at 1st toss or it's gonna take a day or two?
(12-09-2018, 05:14 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Very nice.  I must say these and the Plexus really did it to me...  But I have to resist.
Is the flight behaviour of the two Wolframs similar?

Well, It's comparable, I think the Infinity's areslightly more centre-weighted than the originals, and the grip is a bit more aggressive (being new and sharp). So far I really like the way they fly, better than the original Wolframs. It;s still early days, dut they feel pretty consistent so far.   

(12-09-2018, 05:15 PM)Baloos Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 04:43 PM)Angel of darts Wrote: My eagerly anticipated Wolfram Infinity's came in last week. 

I love mine 25 g steel.....how are yours to throw?...love at 1st toss or it's gonna take a day or two?

It was pretty much unbox, assemble and go. I found them easy to get used to. Let's say, friendship-with-benefits at first sight.  Wink
Cheers!
Angel of Darts Angel

Current set-up:
Unicorn Gripper Midi 
Unicorn Ultrafly Bigwing
Thank you for your evaluation. I sold the first Wolframs... 2 times...so i would probably like a slightly different fly behavior.
But the Wolframs are very popular. I see them here very often. I am curious whether the gen2 will also be so successful.
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
I’ve been shooting Wolframs for >3 years now and I’m a definite fan. That being said, I don’t understand why Harrows gave those new darts a name that has the word Wolfram in it. They look like an entirely different design to me. I’ve always seen the tapered front portion of the barrel and the narrow front end as being the signature characteristics of the Wolframs and that new dart looks like just one more straight-barreled, non-tapered design. I just don’t get the use of the word Wolfram here.
(12-10-2018, 04:52 PM)Adams Wrote: I’ve been shooting Wolframs for >3 years now and I’m a definite fan.   That being said, I don’t understand why Harrows gave those new darts a name that has the word Wolfram in it.   They look like an entirely different design to me.   I’ve always seen the tapered front portion of the barrel and the narrow front end as being the signature characteristics of the Wolframs and that new dart looks like just one more straight-barreled, non-tapered design.   I just don’t get the use of the word Wolfram here.

From what I understand, Wolfram is another term for Tungsten...or an older term...something like that.....and these darts are 97% Tungsten.
From Wikipedia:
Tungsten, or wolfram,[7][8] is a chemical element with symbol W and atomic number 74. The name tungsten comes from the former Swedish name for the tungstate mineral scheelitetung sten or "heavy stone".[9] Tungsten is a rare metal found naturally on Earth almost exclusively combined with other elements in chemical compounds rather than alone. It was identified as a new element in 1781 and first isolated as a metal in 1783. Its important ores include wolframite and scheelite.
(12-10-2018, 05:36 PM)Baloos Wrote: From what I understand, Wolfram is another term for Tungsten...or an older term...something like that.....and these darts are 97% Tungsten.
From Wikipedia:
Tungsten, or wolfram,[7][8] is a chemical element with symbol W and atomic number 74. The name tungsten comes from the former Swedish name for the tungstate mineral scheelitetung sten or "heavy stone".[9] Tungsten is a rare metal found naturally on Earth almost exclusively combined with other elements in chemical compounds rather than alone. It was identified as a new element in 1781 and first isolated as a metal in 1783. Its important ores include wolframite and scheelite.

AHA!   That explains it.   I didn’t know that.   I figured the Wolframs were named after some designer or shooter from somewhere in the past.
(12-10-2018, 06:57 PM)Adams Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 05:36 PM)Baloos Wrote: From what I understand, Wolfram is another term for Tungsten...or an older term...something like that.....and these darts are 97% Tungsten.
From Wikipedia:

AHA!   That explains it.   I didn’t know that.   I figured the Wolframs were named after some designer or shooter for somewhere in the past.
I thought that also....it mentions in the text that it's a rare metal.....we may run out of it makin all these darts....LOL....shoot well sir!!
As I sit and wait day after day, question for you guys with these. I know that often times, 80% darts can feel lighter that they really are. Do these being 97% give any feeling of being heavier than they really are?
Started playing again in November 2017 after a 30 year hiatus.

Match darts - XQMax MVG Gen II  23g, XQMax MVG GenII 20g Soft by Custom Darts

Bottlesen GT's 24g, Bottlesen GT’s 24g 1980 model, Bottlesen 20g GT Soft, Harrows Pulse 24g, 

Blade 5 DC, Nexus 

180's: Yes

Just ordered a set from Darts Corner in 22 gram. Hopefully they will ship to Tennessee this week. 

Steve
Another dart that seems to have a smooth section with the logo right where I grip. They do look superb though
(12-11-2018, 03:18 AM)Blanton Wrote: As I sit and wait day after day, question for you guys with these.  I know that often times, 80% darts can feel lighter that they really are.  Do these being 97% give any feeling of being heavier than they really are?

They do feel heavier than they look, being pretty slim, but it's something I like a lot. After throwing these, picking up the Barney phase 5's makes them feel a bit plump.
Cheers!
Angel of Darts Angel

Current set-up:
Unicorn Gripper Midi 
Unicorn Ultrafly Bigwing
Well after 5 weeks my 20g soft arrived today.  Complete with a baseball size hole in the bag.  Amazing that not a single flight package missing,

Love the weight
Love the size
Love the balance

Do not love the grip.  Way more aggressive than anticipated or normally thrown.  Considering I throw smooth GT’s Smile  Was hoping for a grip like the Pulse.

Hoping I get used to them or they wear down some.
Started playing again in November 2017 after a 30 year hiatus.

Match darts - XQMax MVG Gen II  23g, XQMax MVG GenII 20g Soft by Custom Darts

Bottlesen GT's 24g, Bottlesen GT’s 24g 1980 model, Bottlesen 20g GT Soft, Harrows Pulse 24g, 

Blade 5 DC, Nexus 

180's: Yes

I have Wolfie's in 22g and 24g and have been looking at the new version and waiting for you guys to weigh in on them. I like the older narrowed front on them but these will take some getting used to. wonder if some storms would fit into them? That would smooth out the front of the dart if they will fit.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Wolfram 21g with Winmau Freeflo point János Gönczi 7 347 01-11-2020, 03:48 PM
Last Post: RaakNiX
  Harrows Wolfram or Wolfram Infinity János Gönczi 13 411 12-15-2019, 09:14 PM
Last Post: János Gönczi
  Choosing new darts – Harrows Wolfram Infinity versus Unicorn Neon 2 Phil McKeown 9 429 09-26-2019, 05:50 AM
Last Post: Phil McKeown
  Can you make Wolfram Infinity steel tip darts heavier? Butcher 1 225 03-01-2019, 09:03 PM
Last Post: Crusher17