Winmau Vengeance 24 gr. review - sort of
Hi there you Nutz!

Got my hands on the new Winmau Vengeance darts (the 24 grams version) and would like to share some experiences with you. It’s my first go, so bear with me please.`

[Image: pDV0oYp.jpg]

In the box
In the, for this price, rather standard cardboard box is a foam tray with the darts in a point protector, medium Prism Force nylon shafts and Prism Alpha standard flights.

Dimensions 24 grams
  • 90% tungsten 
  • length: 50.80 mm
  • Width: 6.60 mm
  • Straight barrel
[Image: FveGHhC.jpg]

The provided set up was not exactly to my liking so I put on my usual set up: Some Harrows in between shafts and some Harrows standard flights, also because I thought it looks better.

Looks
I very much like the combination of the shiny silver and the black onyx coating. It makes this a very  stylish dart in my opinion. The black points really complement the looks, silver points would make it look a bit tacky maybe. I suppose they could be called sexy darts  but that’s another thread I think.

[Image: CQnaHRN.jpg]

Grip
As a rear gripper I like the fact that the grip runs almost all the way to the rear of the barrel, the smooth band just in front  is a good indicator  for my grip.

It's a grippy dart, I think mainly due to the lateral cuts or, as Winmau claims: “V-Tech Control features 7 Degree power accumulator opposition force design dynamics for maximum grip torque and release flexion “. On a 1-10 scale I would put the grip at 8-9. It's so grippy I need to adjust my aim to the right a fair bit to avoid hitting lots of 5's when aiming for the 20. The only darts I experienced the same phenomenon with were the Datadart Sawtooth’s.

[Image: KIOWcR7.jpg]

These darts also tend to land a bit higher than my usual experience. I guess Winmau’s claim means I don’t have to put much effort in to reach the height I want. I'm glad I have a surround on my dartboard.   

Got used to the grippyness pretty quickly though and it’s a very consistent one.  As a result, after a session with these, other darts keep straying right into 1-18-land the first throws.

The dart really forces me to have a clean release, or they will go on a mission off their own, usually not landing where I want them to. I guess it’s due to “V-Channel technology engages the full range of wrist and hand for ultimate radial control and coordination of release dynamics”.

In my opinion, sloppy throws get punished more than I have seen with other darts. When I do get it right however, the grouping  seems to be closer than I had with other darts. I had four Robin Hoods in one session.

[Image: A2Hom94.jpg]

Balance
As it’s a straight dart and drilled in about to where the smooth band is, the balance feels nice and even. It should work for front-  as well as middle grippers. I can’t throw a darts with a front grip so I can’t really say anything about that from my own experience.  

Value
All the technically advanced features, and the marketing people needed to come up with terms like ‘ V-Channel technology’ and ‘7 Degree power accumulator opposition force design dynamics’ all come at a price. And of course the machining and cutting and onyx coating. That makes it an expensive dart. In Holland it’s about 85 euro’s. 

I’m not an expert on the subject, but I think the pricing is decent when I compare these darts to the Unicorn Asada Noir’s (140 euro’s) or Target Daytone Fires GT’s (140 euro’s) that also have intricate milling and cutting patterns. All in all I think the value of the Vengeance is not so bad.

[Image: MQFyosi.jpg]

Conclusion
Winmau claims these are the smartest, most biomechanically precise darts ever made. Not sure what this means or if it's true but it’s a nice and straight flying dart that rewards you when you get it right, and punishes you when you don’t.  A bit like the sweet spot of a tennis racket. These darts are wonderful when I throw my best and terrible when I throw my not-so-good usual standard. So in a way they force me to raise my game. 

Hope you found this entertaining  and / or helpful.  After all, these would fit in a Christmas stocking very nicely.
Cheers!
Angel of Darts Angel

Current set-up:
Unicorn Seigo Asada Noir 23 gr.
Unicorn Gripper Midi 
Unicorn Ultrafly Bigwing
Unicorn Eclipse HD (still)
A brief but informative review.  Chuckling with you over the marketing terms.  "V-Tech Control features 7 Degree power accumulator opposition force design dynamics for maximum grip torque and release flexion" and "biomechanical".  Are we throwing darts or launching these into space!

And I must say I'm impressed to see an original Eclipse HD with an intact number ring.  Mine didn't last a month - lol!   Well done, already added to list of indexed darts...
Seems like more and more darts have the cut grips, or whatever the appropriate term is. It's a great look and I'm eager to try one out.

In general I think longer thinner darts are less forgiving on bad throws but more rewarding on good ones. Similar with lighter darts being more rewarding.

Thanks for the info!
(12-08-2018, 03:03 PM)nixer55 Wrote: A brief but informative review.  Chuckling with you over the marketing terms.  "V-Tech Control features 7 Degree power accumulator opposition force design dynamics for maximum grip torque and release flexion" and "biomechanical".  Are we throwing darts or launching these into space!

And I must say I'm impressed to see an original Eclipse HD with an intact number ring.  Mine didn't last a month - lol!   Well done, already added to list of indexed darts...

Thank you Nixer. 

So far, the Eclipse has taken everything I could throw at it. - Literally. 
About the briefness, I was trying to add more pictures bij 5 seems to be the max. Any tips on how to improve on that?

(12-08-2018, 03:39 PM)holmesness Wrote: Seems like more and more darts have the cut grips, or whatever the appropriate term is. It's a great look and I'm eager to try one out.

In general I think longer thinner darts are less forgiving on bad throws but more rewarding on good ones.  Similar with lighter darts being more rewarding.

Thanks for the info!

Welcome sir!
Cheers!
Angel of Darts Angel

Current set-up:
Unicorn Gripper Midi 
Unicorn Ultrafly Bigwing
Four Robin Hoods - terrible. - The poor old Sherriff of Nottingham only had to deal with one of those guys and he was nothing but trouble!

A dart that looks like it has no shortage of grip -and your Harrows Quantum Flights really compliment the barrel design.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(12-08-2018, 03:48 PM)Angel of darts Wrote: Thank you Nixer. 

About the briefness, I was trying to add more pictures bij 5 seems to be the max. Any tips on how to improve on that?

In terms of pictures, I see you're using attachments, which have a system enforced limit.  Without these limits, attachments would soon overwhelm host storage capacity.  You might consider picture share links to resolve this, similar to other reviewers.  The site of choice for picture sharing is Imgur.

I still have my Eclipse HD as well.  It's a survivor, off-centre bull and all!

cheers...
(12-08-2018, 03:56 PM)Ryk Wrote: Four Robin Hoods - terrible. - The poor old Sherriff of Nottingham only had to deal with one of those guys and he was nothing but trouble!

A dart that looks like it has no shortage of grip -and your Harrows Quantum Flights really compliment the barrel design.

Thank you Ryk! It is. 

(12-08-2018, 04:08 PM)nixer55 Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 03:48 PM)Angel of darts Wrote: Thank you Nixer. 

In terms of pictures, I see you're using attachments, which have a system enforced limit.  Without these limits, attachments would soon overwhelm host storage capacity.  You might consider picture share links to resolve this, similar to other reviewers.  The site of choice for picture sharing is Imgur.

I still have my Eclipse HD as well.  It's a survivor, off-centre bull and all!

cheers...

Ah. That explains. I will look into that, thanks for the info. And yes, that offf-centre bull... let's call it a unique feature. Wink
Cheers!
Angel of Darts Angel

Current set-up:
Unicorn Gripper Midi 
Unicorn Ultrafly Bigwing
Nice review Angel, I have a review of the 22g version incoming but I am not going to try and say all that techno blurb lol! Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(12-08-2018, 04:58 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice review Angel, I have a review of the 22g version incoming but I am not going to try and say all that techno blurb lol! Smile

Thank you Master! Yes these darts can be quite a mouthful!  Wink
Cheers!
Angel of Darts Angel

Current set-up:
Unicorn Gripper Midi 
Unicorn Ultrafly Bigwing
(12-08-2018, 05:08 PM)Angel of darts Wrote:
(12-08-2018, 04:58 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice review Angel, I have a review of the 22g version incoming but I am not going to try and say all that techno blurb lol! Smile

Thank you Master! Yes these darts can be quite a mouthful!  Wink

lol they sure can Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau 2018 Steve Beaton 24g darts review Getagrip 44 11,978 10-27-2019, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Simon Whitlock 22g darts review Getagrip 51 17,203 10-18-2019, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Limpetmine
  Winmau Colin Osborne / Red Dragon Argon 1 25g darts review Cateye 5 260 09-28-2019, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  Winmau Golden Vanquish / Red Dragon Tempest 26g darts review Cateye 7 704 07-13-2019, 07:37 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  Winmau Daryl Gurney Special Edition 24g Darts Review Getagrip 30 3,325 06-05-2019, 04:59 PM
Last Post: The G
  Winmau Paul Nicholson 24g darts review Getagrip 30 43,607 04-24-2019, 03:52 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Winmau Vengeance 22g darts review Getagrip 31 3,686 01-31-2019, 05:55 PM
Last Post: thegr812k
  Winmau Stratos 23g darts review Getagrip 91 99,531 01-03-2019, 08:44 PM
Last Post: Richa
  Winmau Calibra 26g Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,780 12-17-2018, 08:16 PM
  Winmau Aspria 24g darts review Getagrip 45 15,455 11-12-2018, 03:29 PM