Target Nexus Review Part 2 Online Play Getagrip V VanJupp
I am just keeping this part separate for now and then will merge it with part 2.

If you want to read part 1 you can do so here: https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=35168

Firstly thanks to Seb aka VanJupp for playing me online to complete part 2, cheers mate!

We played 2nd Dec, Sunday afternoon and it was great fun! Smile

I recorded the first 3 and half games before my battery died but we played around an hour and had 10 games if I have worked it out right on the Nexus app and it was 5 all.  In the video though I have just showe game where I win, which was the third one lol Tongue

I think the first 2 were a bit scrappy but I show some highlights from the second one, namely a 180 from me and a Deller checkout by Seb to win it, the git!

So if you want you can watch that in this video:

Like I say it was great fun and it was also very addictive to be playing online so much so that I would have liked to play for longer but could feel my shoulder and wrist starting to ache so did not want to push it.

At first I could not find Seb on the network though, I searched by his username but there was no sign of him.  Thankfully he found me and invited me to a game.

We had a quick chat with the built in microphone and I could see him on the screen and he could see me.  I think for me Sebs screen was a little dark so I could not see him clearly but he said he could see me clearly so I guess its partly down to the lighting in your room.

The microphone was generally very clear but there was a point were it was kind of screechy although I think that happens with Skype and the like too so is probably more dependent on the users broadband.

Gameplay wise it was mostly very good, there was no real issues only just a couple of times where I saw Seb removing his darts before it had finished sending me the info of what he had hit, I think that only happened twice and was just a brief stutter.  Again that is very likely governed by the broadband connection.

On the whole it worked very well but I feel there is still plenty of tweaks that need to be done with the interface and structure of playing an online opponent.

One thing I dont remember seeing is the option to change the settings of the game, once I clicked accept we were straight into the game, not sure if we were missing a step there but its probably another thing that will improve with updates.

Also after a game was finished I would prefer it if you just click the red enter button and then it takes you to a face to face with the opponent then you can talk if you want and choose to play again.  It does have the option to restart but it just seemed a little impersonal and a tad clunky.  I am sure that will be improved on though.

I think it would be a nice option to have some control over the camera setting before a match starts to make sure you can be seen clearly too, not sure if that is possible but may be a way to auto adjust for the rooms light?

Other than that I cant think of much else at present, may be Seb has more to add but to make it shows a lot of promise but will still be dependent on how the community builds and what the software does to improve in time.

As it stands though its all works fine but just needs tweaks and refinements here and there which will surely happen soon. Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Thanks again for another review. Looks like it works almost pefect. Think Target will fix the smaller issues soon.
The board seems to be real solid, good sound when the darts hit, this gel thing seems to have an effect on the sound.

Btw...nice Maximum... Andva nice Deller, Sebastian Wink
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
Good video, although still seems a little loud to me - not sure my neighbours in my block of flats would like it somehow. I think I'd consider getting one if I lived in a proper house with my own darts room though.

Well done on the 180, and interesting way of doing the Deller as well Seb Smile
(12-04-2018, 08:05 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Thanks again for another review. Looks like it works almost pefect. Think Target will fix the smaller issues soon.
The board seems to be real solid, good sound when the darts hit, this gel thing seems to have an effect on the sound.

Btw...nice Maximum... Andva nice Deller, Sebastian Wink

Cheers mate! Smile

(12-04-2018, 08:15 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Good video, although still seems a little loud to me - not sure my neighbours in my block of flats would like it somehow.  I think I'd consider getting one if I lived in a proper house with my own darts room though.  

Well done on the 180, and interesting way of doing the Deller as well Seb Smile

Thanks Mike Smile You can turn the volume down though.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I just can agree with what you are saying, Darren.

Playing online is working well overall. I had no problems with the connection or anything.
Of course the software needs a lot of work to offer the best. I would like to choose the distance of the match before. Best of 11 legs for example, so you don't have to start new after every leg basically. So far it is a bit simple.
Also as you say an option to talk to your opponent after the match would be very nice. If they build in a microphone and camera, better offer to use it more.

And you are right, the lightning in my room is not that great, so that is the reason why it was a bit dark for you.

So general, everything they offer so far is working fine, but it needs some work to improve.
[Image: vVSMqoP.png]
I was thinking more of the dart hitting the board, not all the low ton/180 sounds.

Out of interest I didn't watch the last couple of minutes of the video yet, and haven't yet watched the first video, but what darts did you use - they didn't look like the cheapos that came with the board anyway lol
(12-04-2018, 08:20 PM)vanJupp Wrote: I just can agree with what you are saying, Darren.

Playing online is working well overall. I had no problems with the connection or anything.
Of course the software needs a lot of work to offer the best. I would like to choose the distance of the match before. Best of 11 legs for example, so you don't have to start new after every leg basically. So far it is a bit simple.
Also as you say an option to talk to your opponent after the match would be very nice. If they build in a microphone and camera, better offer to use it more.

And you are right, the lightning in my room is not that great, so that is the reason why it was a bit dark for you.

So general, everything they offer so far is working fine, but it needs some work to improve.

Yeah I think thats about right, not a lot wrong really just little things that will no doubt get tweaked and improved on, thanks mate! Smile

(12-04-2018, 08:21 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I was thinking more of the dart hitting the board, not all the low ton/180 sounds.

Out of interest I didn't watch the last couple of minutes of the video yet, and haven't yet watched the first video, but what darts did you use - they didn't look like the cheapos that came with the board anyway lol

Ah I got ya, I was using the 21g Trinidad Yori Boy darts Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

A feature I would love in the future, would be an option to stream your match online, so other people could watch it. Camera should be good enough for a decent quality and especially if they offer leagues/tournaments it would be something that would add a lot of quality overall.
[Image: vVSMqoP.png]
Do you guys who play soft tip ever get used to the carnival sounds and lights? I imagine it gets less annoying but it's so cheesy IMO. I guess I could always mute it?
Liberal heathen
Looks like the board has potential, a few tweeks and it could be really good, sounds loud the board and the sound effects, other then that seem to work fine online too

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nexus Soft Tip Dartboad Review Part 1 Getagrip 41 3,818 10-19-2019, 05:19 AM
Last Post: heart92262