Gladiator III First Impressions
(02-11-2019, 01:13 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterI'm awful for this. I always snatch them out, making it a point to try and always pull them all out with one hand at once. Even if they are far apart, which makes one or two come out on an angle.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk
My G3 which was order a week ago. Hence why not up. Smurf Darts in Kitchener is the Canadian importer and might be worth a call to them.

Photos of mine. Hope to install this week.[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
DARTS - Daytona Fire DF-01 22g, L-Style Carbon shafts and Kites
BOARD - Unicorn Eclipse Pro
Would Love to swap the Piranha Razor Grip for something else.  Bought them and never used them
(02-11-2019, 02:09 AM)derrickyoung Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Yeah, Randy's a top guy. Dealt with Smurf for years in our little backwoods league.  Does a heck of a job promoting grassroots darts in Canada too.  That's why was pleased to see the Smurf logo on Jim Long's shirt at the WC's.  Was watching the 2018 worlds on pdc-tv, and saw him in the audience.  Dressed as a Smurf.  Too funny - lol.

Enjoy the board Derrick, love mine...
I'm at wits end with this board. Since the beginning I've found it incredibly stiff, darts falling out (not bouncing out) way too often. It seems to be getting worse when you might expect it to be getting broken in after 4 months of daily use.

Practicing tonight, I would say without hyperbole that about 80% or more of my darts fell in the floor. I dont have an especially hard throw, but I dont have any problems elsewhere and didn't have any such problems with my B5. The board still looks like new after 4 months, but thats expected when the darts wont penetrate deep enough to stay in! I've been so mad I've wanted to go overhand behind my head with my throw to make sure they go in.

Does anyone have any suggestions or remedies for such a problem? Should I maybe try and wet it a little as its fairly dry in this basement? I really dont want to go have to buy another board yet. I still think this is because of the delay in shipping when Canada Post went on strike, as I had to wait weeks for it so it sat in a depot that I'm sure was less than hospitable and probably cold which may have affected the integrity of the sisal. If this was a common thing with these boards I'm sure there would be widespread reports of it, because this is truly ridiculous.
Get a hygrometer at the hardware store and measure the actual humidity where the board is hung.  Let it sit for a day and keep an eye on the readings.  Forced air heating can be amazingly dry.  My G3 is from the same supplier and likely the same lot.  I've experienced no such problems.  But I also monitor my humidity, and run a humidifier during the winter.  Dehumidifier during the wetter months.

Don't wet it, the sisal will likely swell unevenly.  Depending on your hygrometer readings - might have to try something drastic.  But not direct moisture.  Check the actual environment first.
(04-12-2019, 12:46 AM)codo180 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Just scuff your points.

BTW, I still can't complain about mine, although many suggested it should've been sent back... It's been only 5 months though.
Like I said, I dont have this problem elsewhere so its not my points. The nature of a dartboard ultimately makes it a difficult product to ever return, but I haven't really tried. I did email one80
Points that are fine on one board, may need work on another.  Depending on how firm the board is for example.  Having said that, I've never needed to do much with my points on a G3.  A much firmer board like the Bandit yes, and certainly not on a softer board like the B5.  But I recall you had similar problems with the B5:

Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

Elevendarter's suggestion is any easy test, and comes from a guy with a lot of experience.  I would check it out...
Ok I have to give it to you, I got gf to pick up some cheap sandpaper last night from work for a buck, roughed up my points a bit. Didn't really think it would make any difference, it only removed the smoothness/shine, there was no real grit feel to the points. But they are sticking like champs now. What a difference. Just p60/120 paper I used. Went a whole match without one falling. Nice to not have to run towards the board like a fool to try and catch them before they fall out. It actually made a big difference, I had 9 tuns in 3 legs and 13 + 2 140s in a 5-1 win on webcam darts. I guess the frustration was getting to me more than I thought
Doesn't take much,  A single 'pinch and twist' with fine grit does it for me.  Seems I have to 'clean' my points after every league game.  Maybe the points pick up some glue from those softer boards?  Glad it worked out...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator 3 Chappers 18 1,303 06-25-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 180 issue that just cropped up gumbo2176 10 1,204 05-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  My Gladiator II came in... Breadfan 22 940 05-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  I hate my new gladiator 111 is it counterfeit? 12b4 42 3,853 12-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  gladiator gen 3. / winmau blade 4. nightcrawler 9 694 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Finally got a Gladiator 3 - my quick review The Jester 6 1,054 06-21-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: The Jester
  Gladiator 3 question TJ106 16 1,232 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Last Post: minime
  Gladiator 3? woodskins 6 974 02-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: zweeback
  Gladiator III to the US? MadMike4 52 7,367 12-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Should I get a Gladiator II? MadMike4 8 1,583 03-21-2017, 07:07 AM
Last Post: The G