Gladiator III First Impressions
I have enjoyed my Gladiator boards. Good quality and long lasting. I always spray paint my number rings white.
Mine is holding up quite well, but as it gets softer the darts don't hold as well. Still very firm under neath. I guess that is to be expected. The darts still come out sticky if they hit right between two sisal biscuits. Must be the glue they use and there is more of it where two biscuits come together.
All in all I like it better than the Blade 4 I had before.
One year old, but is did not get any use at all for about 6 months this spring and summer.

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Target 9Five Generation 3s Cool  23.g (weighted 22s) 32mm points.  How can I miss with them arrows?  Undecided   

(12-27-2018, 06:30 AM)DanC.Licks Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Exactly the same here,
oneahalf year old, didn't play for about  7 Month, Board still looks great!
It came perfectly sanded,inked,simply flawless!
The Sisal looks so much better as on the Blade5, way better sanded feels better,also!
The holes heal really nice!

I use it about 1-2 h a day

Here some pics of the Gladiator III:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Darts:  Target "Agora" 01 22g, Target "Titanium Pixel Stems", RD "Hardcore" Flights
            Showtime Darts  "Revolution" 23g with RD "NitroTech" Stems short, RD "Hardcore"  Flights

Dartboard Set Up:  One80  "Gladiator III", Unicorn "HD" Metal Number Ring, Target "Corona"  Surround
                               Winmau "Blade5"

Here's a few pics of mine. I've got it only for a month but it holds very well so far. It's quiet and no fall outs. Some strange patterns occurring here and there but I can't be bothered with that at all.

Hi!
I'm sorry to say, but if this Board had  arrived at my House, they immediatly would've been called to take  this Board back!!!
This  for me, would've been an absolutly No Go!!
But i seen mistakes like this on quite a few Gladiators, now!
Nah, for my next Board i'll give The Blade 5 Dc a try!!
But as long its ok for you, have have fun playin some good Darts!! Cool

Darts:  Target "Agora" 01 22g, Target "Titanium Pixel Stems", RD "Hardcore" Flights
            Showtime Darts  "Revolution" 23g with RD "NitroTech" Stems short, RD "Hardcore"  Flights

Dartboard Set Up:  One80  "Gladiator III", Unicorn "HD" Metal Number Ring, Target "Corona"  Surround
                               Winmau "Blade5"

Yes, those patterns are very troubling. I would definitely send that back.

I wanted to update with some impressions after a couple of months.

Only the 14 shows any sign of the lines in the sisal, though overall holes seem to heal less.

I practice about an hour a day, and I usually turn the board once or twice a week.

By comparison, I dug up this pic from my old B5 from about the same time frame, but I practiced a lot less daily on the B5 so its not really that close of a comparison

I find there are some inconsistencies in the board in terms of stiffness, some sections I find I have less bounce outs, and then I turn it and I have way more in the next one. Not bounce outs really, so much as just darts not going in very far and falling out. Again, this board sat in a canada post depot for way too long, and then sat on my doorstep in the rain (with a bag over the box, but it did leak) for half the day once it was finally delivered. That said, I think it largely is owed to my darts as this problem seemed to vanish when I used the Pentathlon darts I got from Christhefish, they had beautiful sharpened points. My MvGs really need to be sharpened. So I cant fault the board completely for that.

Still a long way to go, but as of now I'm happy with how the board looks compared to how the sisal sticks out on the B5. I'll check back in another 2 or 3 months.
(02-10-2019, 07:07 PM)codo180 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Well, it seems like my ability to catch details in photographies may suggest it's a bad dartboard. Anyway, after a few weeks or months of having it I'd just say this. If I should buy a new dartboard tomorrow, it'd be this Gladiator III again. I like it. I had Blade 4, Bull's adv II, Eclipse Pro, and some others but this Gladiator III seems to be still in a good condition. I'll let you know how it progresses in a few months.
Well as they say "the proof is in the pudding". If it works for you that's all that matters. I think it looks great.
(02-10-2019, 07:07 PM)codo180 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Looking over the pictures, wonder if you twist the darts when pulling.  Or just snatch them out like the pros do.  If the latter, you'll get premature wear and larger than normal holes.  Because some of them are more of a tear than a hole.  Also, at an hour a day, you need to rotate at least twice a week.
(12-30-2018, 11:57 AM)elevendarter Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
This board is junk mate. 6\17\9 segments all with weird patterns on them. Garbage. I'll stick with blade 5.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator 3 Chappers 18 1,461 06-25-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 180 issue that just cropped up gumbo2176 10 1,309 05-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  My Gladiator II came in... Breadfan 22 1,064 05-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  I hate my new gladiator 111 is it counterfeit? 12b4 42 4,133 12-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  gladiator gen 3. / winmau blade 4. nightcrawler 9 737 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Finally got a Gladiator 3 - my quick review The Jester 6 1,214 06-21-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: The Jester
  Gladiator 3 question TJ106 16 1,320 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Last Post: minime
  Gladiator 3? woodskins 6 1,009 02-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: zweeback
  Gladiator III to the US? MadMike4 52 7,611 12-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Should I get a Gladiator II? MadMike4 8 1,649 03-21-2017, 07:07 AM
Last Post: The G