Gladiator III First Impressions
So finally, after ordering in early-mid November, my G3 got here yesterday. Stormy, rainy day when I got the notification it had been dropped off at the door. 

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register

Sorry for the big image dump. I practiced for a little bit before supper when I first got home and then had 2 first to 6 matches vs the CPU afterwards. A sticker on the top flap of the box read 18-10-13 which I'm assuming is the date it was made? And I've read about the newer ones having a WDF logo or something like that on them, so could this really be a brand new yet somehow 5 year old board? Was the 3 even out then? Maybe this was from the distributor and not the manufacturer. 

My B5 is so rough I've forgotten what it was like new. But this board seems much harder as people have said, darts dont go in very far for me but they hold which is most important and why I bought a new board. The B5 being my first, I was a bit disappointed there were no instructions on exactly what to do with the 3 little feet but it is pretty straight forward, I just nailed them in equally far apart and the board stays snug. 

There are definitely some imperfections, note the valleys in many of the red double sections.  Some green pieces inside the white of the 19 and the top of the bullseye isn't quite right either. I was pretty concerned about the condition of the board given all the postal woes here but I dont see how any mistreatment on their end could have caused any of these issues. 

I didn't think I was gonna like the silver number ring but I do, its subtle. My main concern is how prevalent the holes are after a short amount of practice. Again, its been so long I dont remember how my B5 looked after a few throws but I'm hoping I'll get home today to find these have healed somewhat. I used to always leave my darts in the board after the last throw when done practicing but I'm not going to do that now in an effort to take better care of the board. Regardless, its nice to play again and not have darts in 1 out of 3 visits go to the floor. I did have two fall out on me in the 18-20 odd legs I played but one was impact from another dart and the other just wasn't in there very far anyway.
curious about the date on the board if that is what it is?

I still wonder if there is some G3 that are not the same as the one I reviewed, I know the one I reviewed had logos on but I have heard a few with mixed results in this past year.

Having said that the board I showed with the Darts Nutz name on recently from Cultured Crafts Ireland is said to be a unbranded Blade 5 and to me it looks like it is but it seems better than the branded B5 I have had for a while. So may be the boards are not able to be made as consistent as we would like them to be?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

My darts collection:
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

18-10-13

What if it's 2018 Oct. 13th

I haven't noticed any date on mine. Where is it? I'll post some pics of mine later. I've used it for a week now. The first glance at your pictures and the holes and I thought - hey, there are those holes too .-)

So far it's good. I have no problems with pentrating it.
Seems odd to have a board from 10/13 and call it new but if it's unused then it is new, to the vendor it doesn't matter. Regardless it's still very nice. I guess you christened it with max so we all know it works. LOl
I have the same code - on the top of the box and back of board.  Don't think it's a full date code though.  Doesn't follow international standards for that sort of thing.  More likely it's some sort of lot number....
Not sure what the code is, but I think on the logos depends on where the customer is - I think they are all blank unless sent to an address in England. I just checked the box mine came in and there is no code sticker, so maybe the code just identifies the ones without the logo for any non-English customers.
I didn't find any code on mine. Neither on the dartboard nor on the box. There's just some number line that sounds similar... isn't it possible that they produce these dartboards in two versions? BTW, I bought mine with the rotafix and there's this written on the box. 18 X 1-1/2. All I know is that my dartboard is smaller than other brands dartboards, it measures 445mm (44.5cm) instead of 450mm. That's 5mm smaller. How big is yours? In metric system, please....

On the other hand, this X stands for multiple and not for the ten. If you had the 10 writen in arabic then it's something different.
Didn't practice for long last night but I had a lot of darts fall out, not bounce out, but just fall out. The funny thing is I can push the darts into the board fairly easily which I couldn't do with the B5, but its easier on the white sections than in the 20. I cant help but think that I will never get a fair shake with this board as it was sitting in a cold warehouse for a month waiting for it to be delivered to me. I also only use 22g and dont have an especially hard throw. I've been thinking of going back up to 23.
(12-05-2018, 12:52 PM)codo180 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Do you scuff your points? I've had no obvious fall outs. Maybe a few after bad throws or when hitting other darts. It's neccessary to scuff points if you use the plain silver points. Right now I use the Target Onyx points and 24g darts. After having them used for a few weeks they seem to be more smooth than simply scuffed points, they still work well though. I also had a few throws with darts as light as 18g and no problems...

I often suffered with fall outs while playing on Bull's boards or even on some others types when they were too hard or too battered. It's also common that white sections are easier to penetrate. For me, the best thing about this boad so far is the silence! I do hear a difference compared to my previous Unicorn Eclipse Pro or to the Bull's Adv. II or Adv. 5.01 or to Blade 4. I'd say that it's on par with the Bull's Trainer Advantage, which is the dartboard that I'm not worried to use at midnight.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladiator 3 Chappers 18 1,460 06-25-2019, 03:08 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gladiator 180 issue that just cropped up gumbo2176 10 1,309 05-27-2019, 02:16 AM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  My Gladiator II came in... Breadfan 22 1,063 05-23-2019, 10:47 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  I hate my new gladiator 111 is it counterfeit? 12b4 42 4,127 12-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Last Post: Chappers
  gladiator gen 3. / winmau blade 4. nightcrawler 9 736 09-28-2018, 03:42 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Finally got a Gladiator 3 - my quick review The Jester 6 1,210 06-21-2018, 11:12 AM
Last Post: The Jester
  Gladiator 3 question TJ106 16 1,318 06-20-2018, 05:06 PM
Last Post: minime
  Gladiator 3? woodskins 6 1,008 02-26-2018, 01:19 PM
Last Post: zweeback
  Gladiator III to the US? MadMike4 52 7,609 12-26-2017, 07:07 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  Should I get a Gladiator II? MadMike4 8 1,648 03-21-2017, 07:07 AM
Last Post: The G