Cosmo Fit Point Metal Steel Tip Coversion Points Review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVdBj8lHM6c

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

Just a quick review of the Cosmo Fit Shaft Metal steel tip conversion points.

Once again thanks to Cosmo Darts for sending these for review.  I have reviewed a few conversion points now and these particular ones from Cosmo are in the same shape as their Fit Point for soft tips.

So if you want to switch from a soft tip dart to steel and in particular if you already use the soft tip from Cosmo then these make a great and easy swap.

There is two types of metal point available, Stainless Steel and Titanium.  There is also two kinds of point a Solid/Smooth or a Spiral which has a criss-cross style etching.

The points come in three sizes 22mm, 25mm and 28mm and that is the length that is sticking out of the barrel.

The prices are as follows:

Stainless:

Solid = £14.40

Spiral = £19.90

Titanium:

Solid: £12.96

Spiral = £18

Not sure why the Ti is cheaper than the Steel, I thought it would be the other way around.

The points come in little small packs with all the info of their size etc on.

Its a very nice looking point and one that I found comfortable for resting the finger on.  The 28mm Stainless Steel is the one I tested and it works fine.  It also stayed nice and tight into the barrels I was using and never got loose once which was good.

Again its a product that does what it sets out to do and there is not a lot else to say about it other than it works well but if you need to match as close to weight as a soft tip you will be better to go with the Ti points.  I cant say why they should not last a very long time as they seem to be very strong.

So there ya go another choice of conversion points Smile

If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Nice review again as always Darren. mint

I've found that the steel points are far superior than the Ti ones, the Ti's funny enough seem to chip.
(12-03-2018, 04:01 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nice review again as always Darren. mint

I've found that the steel points are far superior than the Ti ones, the Ti's funny enough seem to chip.

Thanks Brad Smile

I only tested the steel ones but kind of strange that the Ti chip?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(12-03-2018, 04:11 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I only tested the steel ones but kind of strange that the Ti chip?

Surprised myself, but I noticed however a couple of times when they've hit a hard surface there was a chipping effect on them.  Also a couple of years back on the forum across the road (DC's) a chap when sharpening the Ti points had issues with them chipping as well.

Maybe they've changed, but just my 2 cents from previous use.

As I mentioned though the steel ones are just fine and I like the profile of them too.
Nice. I guess the Stainless Steel jobs add a fair old chunk of weight at the front, Which can't be bad!
Certainly with a range of tip weights you can fine tune the balance of a softy closer to what you may need.

I kind of like the sleek quality they have. And They are made of real Metal, much better than those nylon tips.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(12-03-2018, 04:41 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 04:11 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I only tested the steel ones but kind of strange that the Ti chip?

Surprised myself, but I noticed however a couple of times when they've hit a hard surface there was a chipping effect on them.  Also a couple of years back on the forum across the road (DC's) a chap when sharpening the Ti points had issues with them chipping as well.

Maybe they've changed, but just my 2 cents from previous use.

As I mentioned though the steel ones are just fine and I like the profile of them too.

I see, thanks for the feedback Brad. May be some others can chip (excuse the pun lol) in with their experience too Smile

(12-03-2018, 05:27 PM)Ryk Wrote: Nice. I guess the Stainless Steel jobs add a fair old chunk of weight at the front, Which can't be bad!
Certainly with a range of tip weights you can fine tune the balance of a softy closer to what you may need.

I kind of like the sleek quality they have. And They are made of real Metal, much better than those nylon tips.

Yes that could work in its favour too, more weight for fronties Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

This is a review I'v been waiting for particularly so I can try some soft tipped darts that are lighter with exotic designs.

Is there a special tool for installing the tips and are there rubber rings placed like are used with Aluminum stems?
Thanks for the review once again Darren. I'm not sure about the excess weight with the Steel or Titanium would be something I would like.
[Image: ARJSu2G.jpg]
DAYTONA FIRE JP-01JP-02, DF-10, DF-11 & DF-01
(12-04-2018, 03:31 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: This is a review I'v been waiting for particularly so I can try some soft tipped darts that are lighter with exotic designs.

Is there a special tool for installing the tips and are there rubber rings placed like are used with Aluminum stems?

Yes Tom, you can see the rubber rings in the review and no special tool need but I guess you might if you need to tighten them further but I could get them on tight with my fingers ok Smile

(12-04-2018, 04:01 PM)Spencerdl Wrote: Thanks for the review once again Darren. I'm not sure about the excess weight with the Steel or Titanium would be something I would like.

Thanks Derrick Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cosmo Fit Flight System review Getagrip 122 79,208 02-25-2019, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Bradley Mikloski
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 2,372 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Accurate Dart Ultra Magnum Steel Tip Conversion Points Review Getagrip 13 882 10-30-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: *Saber*
  Voks Tornado points review Getagrip 30 13,353 02-16-2018, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Titanium Pro Conversion Points Review Getagrip 18 6,265 10-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: kungfuron
  Cosmo Fit Point Plus review Kosumo 3 3,044 11-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Last Post: jayouloun