Target Nexus Soft Tip Dartboad Review Part 1
(12-03-2018, 04:58 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 12:13 PM)Michael Kelly Wrote: The back of the board looks as though it spaces slightly out from the wall. does this mean that a standard steel tip bracket could sit behind the board? and would the soft tip mounting screws interfere with a steel tip board?

I have tested that.

A standard steel tip bracket can sit behind the Nexus, without a problem.
But the screws for the Nexus will interfere with a standard steel tip board, so in the end it is not possible to have both boards in the same place and just switch them out.

Thank you for the effort and explanation. I figured at least one of them would be a problem. its a shame but not too surprising.

I have thought about using a french cleat to have 2 separate interchangeable panels to switch between boards. Maybe when I have time ill look into it.
(12-03-2018, 05:36 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 10:44 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Thanks mate, part 2 is coming soon Smile

Looking forward to your win. Tongue Big Grin

LOL I will post the one where I win for sure hahaha! I think we had ten games and it was 5 each wasn't it?

(12-04-2018, 03:24 AM)Michael Kelly Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 04:58 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(12-03-2018, 12:13 PM)Michael Kelly Wrote: The back of the board looks as though it spaces slightly out from the wall. does this mean that a standard steel tip bracket could sit behind the board? and would the soft tip mounting screws interfere with a steel tip board?

I have tested that.

A standard steel tip bracket can sit behind the Nexus, without a problem.
But the screws for the Nexus will interfere with a standard steel tip board, so in the end it is not possible to have both boards in the same place and just switch them out.

Thank you for the effort and explanation. I figured at least one of them would be a problem. its a shame but not too surprising.

I have thought about using a french cleat to have 2 separate interchangeable panels to switch between boards. Maybe when I have time ill look into it.

Yeah I was hoping like you that it would fit but as VanJupp says it wont.

I was also looking at the Unicorn wall Clamp and wondered if that would extend enough to fit the Nexus but I have been told by Gary from Darts Corner that it wont.

So I like your idea, I was searching yesterday for brackets or hinges that may help in making something to do the job but I had never heard of a French Cleat until you mentioned it. I think that could work though. I am not the best at building things so I may get my brother in law to help. He built me a stand before that I can turn around with soft and steel tip on but I like the idea of have a switchable panel to put on the wall.

I think I need to fill in all the holes first and make sure I get it drilled through the brick and not the joints in between as that has happened a few times and the plugs start to come loose.

Anyway you can have a +1 for your suggestion Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(11-29-2018, 03:19 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 03:08 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nicely done on the review, looks a solid piece of kit. mint

Believe there's another here that you could tangle with online now too. Big Grin

Thanks Brad, yes I was hoping Seb would be on yesterday but guess people were still waiting for their boards.  Will get something organised so he can thrash me though lol  Just a bit busy helping my brother at present and not good for my dodgy wrist humping all these boxes and things around while he is moving house.

(11-29-2018, 03:14 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Good review, seems like it's not to bad, the price is up there but considering all that it has built in, only bad thing i see is like you mentioned no way of putting it on a tv/monitor unless there bluetooth in the settings

Thanks Chris!  Its got a lot going for it and I think it will be popular but its still got some well established boards to compete against Smile

What do you think of the board: arachnid ricket pro e800 if you compare it to this one
(02-05-2019, 03:14 PM)Evripidou Gaming Wrote: What do you think of the board: arachnid ricket pro e800 if you compare it to this one

The review is Target Nexus.  No reviews of the Arachnid I'm aware of, so comparisons are difficult.  A few members have commented Arachnids are super noisy.  Some members love them:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid483319

Welcome to the forum BTW...
(02-05-2019, 03:14 PM)Evripidou Gaming Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 03:19 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(11-29-2018, 03:08 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nicely done on the review, looks a solid piece of kit. mint

Believe there's another here that you could tangle with online now too. Big Grin

Thanks Brad, yes I was hoping Seb would be on yesterday but guess people were still waiting for their boards.  Will get something organised so he can thrash me though lol  Just a bit busy helping my brother at present and not good for my dodgy wrist humping all these boxes and things around while he is moving house.

(11-29-2018, 03:14 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Good review, seems like it's not to bad, the price is up there but considering all that it has built in, only bad thing i see is like you mentioned no way of putting it on a tv/monitor unless there bluetooth in the settings

Thanks Chris!  Its got a lot going for it and I think it will be popular but its still got some well established boards to compete against Smile

What do you think of the board: arachnid ricket pro e800 if you compare it to this one

Hello,

I recently purchased the Nexus board and have been playing on it for a few days now and it is a quality board.  My previous board was an Arachnid Cricket Pro 800, which is not a bad setup, but very loud.  The Nexus is very quiet in comparison and the spider is thinner, so less bounce out from hitting them.  The tablet interface is very simply to use...just hoping that they update the software to be able to play against a bot soon!

Cheers,
Sue

P.S.  Darren, your review sold me!  Great job!
Hello!

Thought I would post a reply, since I noticed that no one had done so.

Target updated the software for the Nexus board at the being of September.  It now has the ability to cast to a TV...which my old eyes appreciates!

They have also introduced a robot to play against in the Crickets game and will be releasing another update in the next week or so for the ability to play against a robot in the 01 games.

The Nexus is a quality board and these added features make me love it even more!

Cheers,
Sue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(09-28-2019, 07:37 PM)heart92262 Wrote: Hello!

Target updated the software for the Nexus board at the being of September.  It now has the ability to cast to a TV...which my old eyes appreciates!

They have also introduced a robot to play against in the Crickets game and will be releasing another update in the next week or so for the ability to play against a robot in the 01 games.

The Nexus is a quality board and these added features make me love it even more!

Cheers,
Sue

Sue, it may be a bit early in the morning for you as you are in the US, but if you fancy playing cricket against Raymond van Barneveld he will be in the cricket lounge on Monday between 12 and 1pm UK time

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid576889

Target are getting a few of their pro players logging on at various times - when I see any notifications I add them to the above thread if you ever fancy trying to get a game against one of them
(09-28-2019, 07:57 PM)mc1958 Wrote:

Cheers,
Sue

Sue, it may be a bit early in the morning for you as you are in the US, but if you fancy playing cricket against Raymond van Barneveld he will be in the cricket lounge on Monday between 12 and 1pm UK time

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid576889

Target are getting a few  of their pro players logging on at various times - when I see any notifications I add them to the above thread if you ever fancy trying to get a game against one of them

Considering my skill level, they could slay me with their eyes closed!  Lol

Cheers,
Sue

Sorry for late reply Sue, just seen this comment, anyway thanks and glad the review was useful for you!

I have not updated mine yet though, will get to it soon as going to give it another go Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Not really sure it's worth starting another thread, so here seems as good a place as any lol.

There is a new update available from 9am this morning (about 10 minutes time) - as well as the existing cricket robot they have now added an '01 robot as well with 12 levels:

https://twitter.com/TargetDarts/status/1...1589574658

There is also a reply to the above tweet saying they have tweaked some menu locations and added some more buttons as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nexus Review Part 2 Online Play Getagrip V VanJupp Getagrip 50 4,054 01-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  The Darts Factory Guz 2 Soft Tip Dartboard review Getagrip 10 6,045 12-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Hi Darts Soft Tip Dartboard Review Best soft tip dartboard ever? Getagrip 133 66,852 04-11-2018, 05:27 AM
Last Post: greenbean