Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update
(11-25-2018, 07:12 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Thanks for the update, Darren.

Good to read about those Cosmo stems.

I lately planned to start with the whole Cosmo system, had all in my basket. But than I looked at the Fit flights on my Caris's and they had some nasty cuts at the buttom and I decided first too look how they continue to wear, before spending a lot of money on Cosmo flights.

Cheers Seb Smile

Like all these systems that are out there is good and bad points but its all about what the individual feels they are getting from them and they only way to know for sure is to try them, some I have had last a long time and some have not but I have had the same experience with most of them.

(11-25-2018, 07:25 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Although I've given up using the Fit Flight system, I've got to say those burnt titanium stems look very very nice

Yeah they do indeed Smile

(11-25-2018, 07:38 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Nice review. Thanks Darren.

As a Cosmo user i have to admit that the greatest benefit IMO is the advantage of the spinning stems, what make the flights last much longer. I love the fit flight air, but think they are too expensive due their worse durability. Depending on the grip and grouping...

With the carbon stems (#3) i have had 1 broken stem in the last 1,5 years...you cant beat that

Thanks mate! Sounds like the work well for you then Smile

(11-25-2018, 08:41 PM)Doubledouble Wrote: Having used the carbons and breaking all of them within a couple of months from bounce outs they all snapped off at the threads, i switched to the duralimins and havent broke any in 2 years of use....i broke a dozen of the gears the same way as the carbons.....bounce outs causing them to snap at the threads.The main advantage i find with this system is i have never had a robin hood since i started using cosmo flights/shafts.

Sounds good, I figured the metal ones will be best for wear and Duralumin seems best value to me Smile

(11-25-2018, 08:43 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Great pics, i really like the look of the burnt titaniums but can't see me paying 100 bucks for a set

Yeah its a lot but I guess if you use the same shafts all the time and want one that will last it could work out cost effective in the long run. Smile

(11-25-2018, 09:29 PM)holmesness Wrote: Nice review; great that there's choices out there.  I'm really impressed with the Condors so far, and know you're a fan also.  I bought Condors but haven't yet tried the other systems.

When I like Condors:
Zero Robin Hoods, and very little wear in spite of heavy use.
Translucent, which with good lighting allows me to still see my target that would have been obstructed by typical flights.
Truly no stress; even when my kids are rough and yank the darts out by the stem (cringe) they've been fine.  

What's your personal preference between the two?

Thanks! Yes I like the Condors too, I have had Cosmo for years though, a lot to like about them also, I think my darts are flying a little better with the Condors though, probably due to the lightweight and the forward balance but I do sometimes wonder if the bendy stem has a bad affect on the flight, its difficult to say really.

(11-25-2018, 09:44 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: this is a great review of the Cosmo system stems. I'm a user of the regular spinning  fit stems and love them. I've been comparing them to the Condor system lately and prefer the Cosmos, but that's just me. I think I prefer the spinning stems over the locked as well. Now lety's talk price. Ouch man that's some cash layout but they are pretty. Duralumin would look great but can't pay that much right now.
Awesome review and thanks for the excellent pics

Cheers Tom Smile

(11-25-2018, 10:50 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Nice dartboard in the video :-)

I've got Superduralumins, Carbons and Gear shafts. The Gear ones were probably flying the best for me. I broke too many of them though. Then I broke some Carbons as well. Duralumins are durable, but quite heavy. Maybe I should have bought the slims instead. I've got the size 2, which is the same size like common short nylons are.

I had a feeling that flights didn't sit as tight on the Duralumin stems as they did on the Carbon or Gear shafts. Could be caused by switching flights from one system to another but still. Haven't you noticed that too?

I don't use Cosmo system too much anymore, however, I've just been trying it a bit more these days in the practice. It usually only takes a few throws and then I get back to comon nylons.

Thanks mate! Nice feedback too, I think the lightness of the carbons is probably why they are more popular Smile

(11-25-2018, 11:19 PM)Joshtin Pipe Wrote: They're really cool but you can buy a decent set of darts for that money

I know Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Top review again Darren,  DURALUMIN ??, Christ in 1989 I had a clutch basket machined for a TZ250 Yamaha out of duralumin and it was considered a really "exotic" material then,  how times change eh ??.
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson WC, 25g

"Hopefully I`ll get to throw 3 in Heaven before the Devil finds out I`m dead" !

[Image: S2xtmfG.png]
(11-26-2018, 02:45 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: Top review again Darren,  DURALUMIN ??, Christ in 1989 I had a clutch basket machined for a TZ250 Yamaha out of duralumin and it was considered a really "exotic" material then,  how times change eh ??.

Thanks Ian, I always thought it was just a made up name for darts stems lol
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(11-26-2018, 12:58 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 09:29 PM)holmesness Wrote: Nice review; great that there's choices out there.  I'm really impressed with the Condors so far, and know you're a fan also.  I bought Condors but haven't yet tried the other systems.

When I like Condors:
Translucent, which with good lighting allows me to still see my target that would have been obstructed by typical flights.
Truly no stress; even when my kids are rough and yank the darts out by the stem (cringe) they've been fine.  

Thanks!  Yes I like the Condors too, I have had Cosmo for years though, a lot to like about them also, I think my darts are flying a little better with the Condors though, probably due to the lightweight and the forward balance but I do sometimes wonder if the bendy stem has a bad affect on the flight, its difficult to say really.

Darn it!  Why'd you have to plant that seed in my OCD head???  Seriously though, it's a valid point I hadn't considered.

One of things I didn't mention about Condors, and it's true of all the molded flights, is that worry of right angles is gone.  Since you posted this I've been checking to make sure my Condor stems are straight, and I think they are.  But I might get out a laser and check!  I suspect it's an advantage to staying short; less stem to get bent.  

Thanks for the feedback!
(11-27-2018, 10:56 AM)holmesness Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 12:58 PM)Getagrip Wrote:

When I like Condors:

Thanks!  Yes I like the Condors too, I have had Cosmo for years though, a lot to like about them also, I think my darts are flying a little better with the Condors though, probably due to the lightweight and the forward balance but I do sometimes wonder if the bendy stem has a bad affect on the flight, its difficult to say really.

Darn it!  Why'd you have to plant that seed in my OCD head???  Seriously though, it's a valid point I hadn't considered.

One of things I didn't mention about Condors, and it's true of all the molded flights, is that worry of right angles is gone.  Since you posted this I've been checking to make sure my Condor stems are straight, and I think they are.  But I might get out a laser and check!  I suspect it's an advantage to staying short; less stem to get bent.  

Thanks for the feedback!

LOL thats a problem for a lot, anything can mess with a players head Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

One of the most interesting reviews I've seen for darts equipment - maybe for anything ever. Cosmo seem to have really outshone themselves this time. Pricey as they may be, unless you're a nutter and snaps the stem when all goes wrong (and you can look at me for that, even though I've never bought Cosmo or any Fit Flight equipment), it doesn't seem bad.

And 'Duralumin' - got Back To The Future vibes with that name. And they are close to being the best looking stem right now.

So much money on the table - you could sell all those stems and buy a house Smile
[Image: 37d4kf.jpg]
(12-01-2018, 01:38 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: One of the most interesting reviews I've seen for darts equipment - maybe for anything ever. Cosmo seem to have really outshone themselves this time. Pricey as they may be, unless you're a nutter and snaps the stem when all goes wrong (and you can look at me for that, even though I've never bought Cosmo or any Fit Flight equipment), it doesn't seem bad.

And 'Duralumin' - got Back To The Future vibes with that name. And they are close to being the best looking stem right now.

So much money on the table - you could sell all those stems and buy a house Smile

Glad you liked it Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

This is a go-to bit of kit for soft tippers, and you've hit the nail in the head of all the advantages and such with each of the stems. I can't use carbon well as I have an aggressive throw, so the impact will destroy them really fast. My carbon sets lasted me only 3 weeks before I went back to Supergrip or Pro-Grip stems lol.

I've generally avoided using Cosmo or Fit systems since then, basically sticking with straight traditional stems and flights from Harrows or Target because...money. Them Super-Duralumin stems are amazing though, I love them but...again, money.

Reminds me, I need more Pro-Grip stems, because well....money lol.
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
(12-01-2018, 04:42 PM)LethalEagle Wrote: This is a go-to bit of kit for soft tippers, and you've hit the nail in the head of all the advantages and such with each of the stems. I can't use carbon well as I have an aggressive throw, so the impact will destroy them really fast. My carbon sets lasted me only 3 weeks before I went back to Supergrip or Pro-Grip stems lol.

I've generally avoided using Cosmo or Fit systems since then, basically sticking with straight traditional stems and flights from Harrows or Target because...money. Them Super-Duralumin stems are amazing though, I love them but...again, money.

Reminds me, I need more Pro-Grip stems, because well....money lol.

Thanks mate! Smile

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

What a lovely review  Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Supergrip Carbon Shafts Review Getagrip 24 2,460 10-21-2019, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cosmo Fit Flight System review Getagrip 122 80,644 02-25-2019, 05:11 PM
Last Post: Bradley Mikloski
  Target Titanium carbon stems review JayKay 24 9,217 01-08-2019, 03:04 AM
Last Post: John Weita
  Cosmo Fit Point Metal Steel Tip Coversion Points Review Getagrip 8 727 12-04-2018, 05:25 PM
  L Style Gomu Shaft Tightener review Getagrip 14 2,992 11-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Kevin Bell
  Condor Zero Stress Integrated Flight and Shaft System Review Getagrip 16 4,928 11-19-2018, 11:02 AM
  Cuesoul - Tero Flight & Shaft System - Review vanJupp 23 4,123 10-23-2018, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  Accurate Dart AFS Product Update Review New Flights and Stems tested Getagrip 2 1,012 08-22-2018, 04:04 PM
  Official Harrows Clic flight and shaft system review Getagrip 95 73,770 04-20-2018, 02:45 PM
  One80 Intelite Flight and Shaft System Review from old site Getagrip 13 7,931 04-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Vern61