Please help me, finding my darts
(11-30-2018, 04:23 PM)25g-grizzly Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 03:57 PM)GoGrey Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 11:16 AM)25g-grizzly Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 01:37 AM)GoGrey Wrote:
(11-19-2018, 10:58 PM)25g-grizzly Wrote: Welcome to the forum
I too also like that style of dart, but not the smooth bit.
I currently throw Chris dobey phase 2 unicorn 23g darts.  Not a double ring as the cross limited edition buy very grippy.
Or the designa dark thunder from darts corner have rear grip.

Hey Grizzly, seriously looking at the Dobey Phase 2.  As I'm a rear gripper they would seem to do the trick.  I have noticed that I need a good bit of grip…how's the grip level on these?  Cheers!
Hello there GoGrey.
The grip isn't a high or as sticky as a shark style grip. But you definitely know there is grip there as the depth and the closeness of the rings create a nice purchase to push against.

I have dry hands in all weather conditions, and for me these have been the best darts I've used.

I've been playing with the dobeys exclusively since they were released. And have not had one dart slipped that I've noticed.

The design of the ring grip is such that I believe it won't allow your finger to slip, but I've never had a catch on release it's always off the fingers smoothly.(I hold the dart lightly).

The rings themselves are cut as deep as a Lewis ring but are space much closer together and the edges or square.

I was always a 25g dart thrower, when I saw the dobeys I thought the design looks perfect for me, so gave them a go
I'm glad I did as I now have 3 sets.

The black and white rings at the front I believe are just there for decoration as they are very shallow.

They do feel heavier than a 23g dart I think this may beause of the solid nose with little weight removed.

It's hard to say if they will be perfect for you but I'm very happy with them. They for me are a perfect ring grip dart and I wish these were how. Every ring grip dart felt.

Happy darting

Cheers for that, Grizzly.  I think I'll give them a try.  Will report back on how they feel.
Would be good to hear how you get on with them, if you decide to order them. 

Fingers crossed they feel as nice for you as they do me.
Looky what Santa brought - Unicorn Dobey Phase 2's!  Perfect dart for rear and middle grippers. Grip level is good for those with dry hands that need a bit of extra grip, but it's not extreme.  The biggest issue for me is going to a straight dart from a 24g Harrows Rapide that is a bit nose heavy.  The other issue is that the Gripper 3 stems don't hold the flights very well - may need to get different stems.  Otherwise, so far so good!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-28-2018, 05:36 PM)GoGrey Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 11:16 AM)25g-grizzly Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 01:37 AM)GoGrey Wrote: Hey Grizzly, seriously looking at the Dobey Phase 2.  As I'm a rear gripper they would seem to do the trick.  I have noticed that I need a good bit of grip…how's the grip level on these?  Cheers!
Hello there GoGrey.
The grip isn't a high or as sticky as a shark style grip. But you definitely know there is grip there as the depth and the closeness of the rings create a nice purchase to push against.

I have dry hands in all weather conditions, and for me these have been the best darts I've used.

I've been playing with the dobeys exclusively since they were released. And have not had one dart slipped that I've noticed.

The design of the ring grip is such that I believe it won't allow your finger to slip, but I've never had a catch on release it's always off the fingers smoothly.(I hold the dart lightly).

The rings themselves are cut as deep as a Lewis ring but are space much closer together and the edges or square.

I was always a 25g dart thrower, when I saw the dobeys I thought the design looks perfect for me, so gave them a go

The black and white rings at the front I believe are just there for decoration as they are very shallow.

They do feel heavier than a 23g dart I think this may beause of the solid nose with little weight removed.

It's hard to say if they will be perfect for you but I'm very happy with them. They for me are a perfect ring grip dart and I wish these were how. Every ring grip dart felt.

Happy darting

Cheers for that, Grizzly.  I think I'll give them a try.  Will report back on how they feel.

Looky what Santa brought - Unicorn Dobey Phase 2's!  Perfect dart for rear and middle grippers. Grip level is good for those with dry hands that need a bit of extra grip, but it's not extreme.  The biggest issue for me is going to a straight dart from a 24g Harrows Rapide that is a bit nose heavy.  The other issue is that the Gripper 3 stems don't hold the flights very well - may need to get different stems.  Otherwise, so far so good!
Glad they turned up and they seem a good fit. Yeah unfortunately I find the unicorn stems also not up to par. But easily fixed with another brand of your choice.

I'm still in love with mine, just gutted he played so well in the world's as his darts are sold out and will probably cost another £7 when I want a back up set lol hahahaha.
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights
(12-28-2018, 06:29 PM)25g-grizzly Wrote:
(12-28-2018, 05:36 PM)GoGrey Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 11:16 AM)25g-grizzly Wrote: Hello there GoGrey.

Happy darting

Glad they turned up and they seem a good fit. Yeah unfortunately I find the unicorn stems also not up to par. But easily fixed with another brand of your choice.

I'm still in love with mine, just gutted he played so well in the world's as his darts are sold out and will probably cost another £7 when I want a back up set lol hahahaha.
Ha! Glad he played well though, seems a good lad.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help finding triangular barrelled darts... Christopher Burke 10 346 12-17-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: thet
  Help finding darts with the opposite of a scallop... Humdinger 17 1,303 09-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Need help on finding a dart B1ll64te5 1 313 05-09-2018, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Rabe1
  Help finding these darts. Happyslap 10 857 01-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Need help finding a new set of darts. House_darts 19 1,803 01-23-2018, 04:29 AM
Last Post: neal vanderwall
  Help finding darts for rear grip shoosh moosh 8 2,320 01-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Last Post: shoosh moosh
  Finding your perfect dart - Method in the maddness CB180 4 992 02-17-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Finding new Darts for me Eyebala 13 1,668 01-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Getagrip