Please help me, finding my darts
Hello Guys,

first of all, please excuse my not well written English. I'm from Germany and I'll try my best. I hope this is the correct thread for my question.

I'm searching for a set of darts which is simiular as much as possible as the Rob Cross Darts. Currently I'm playing the Rob Cross 90% Limited Edition World Champion 2018 Steeldarts 23 Gramm Steeldarts. As I am a rear gripper, the smooth section at the rear is not very nice for my style of grip. I love the Darts, the wigth, the length, everything fits for me, just the grip is not that good for.

It would be nice, if someone could name me a set of Darts which comes close to Rob Cross with the smooth section at the midde. Smile
I guess this is your introduction to the forum? It'd be nice to know a little bit about you and your game and I'm sure somebody can help find you a similar barrel once we get to know you better. welcome to the group.
Hi, have a look at the Harrows Range.
Harrows Pulse / Oracle / Razr / Wolfram Infinity are similar.

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=21108
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=43267
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=43241
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=43245

or just use the Darts Selector from DC
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/select_a_dart.php
Ayup Kohl

Welcome to the forum, Cross darts are based on Bristow darts so I'd start there.
Others to look at are Chizzy's and O'sheas darts.

Shed.
Hello, Kohlekratzer to the forum.

First, no worries about your english. This is an international forum really, people from all over the globe are part of the Nutz family. As long as someone tries a bit and people understand him, no one cares about your english or if you make mistakes. We are not in school here. So your english is fine.

Second, why not take a few minutes, to write a little introduction about yourself here?
Just that we get to know you better. Smile

Regarding your question. 

Performance Darts Level 5 are worth a look.
[Image: NSnrkBi.png]

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(11-19-2018, 07:45 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I guess this is your introduction to the forum? It'd be nice to know a little bit about you and your game and I'm sure somebody can help find you a similar barrel once we get to know you better. welcome to the group.

Hey, sorry I didn't say anyhing about me.
I'm 22 from Germany
I started with Darts in January 2017. I'm rear gripper, i press the rear between thumb and index finger. My middle and ring finger are surrounding the point.
My '180-counter' is on 13.
Thank you for your warm words!
Smile
(11-19-2018, 07:49 PM)Cateye Wrote: Hi, have a look at the Harrows Range.
Harrows Pulse / Oracle / Razr / Wolfram Infinity are similar.

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=21108
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=43267
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=43241
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=43245

or just use the Darts Selector from DC
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/select_a_dart.php

Thanks you very much, the Harrows Pulse look quite nice! Smile
(11-19-2018, 10:19 PM)Shed inn Wrote: Ayup Kohl

Welcome to the forum, Cross darts are based on Bristow darts so I'd start there.
Others to look at are Chizzy's and O'sheas darts.

Shed.

Okay, thank you, thats a very interesting point! Big Grin
(11-19-2018, 10:29 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Hello, Kohlekratzer to the forum.

First, no worries about your english. This is an international forum really, people from all over the globe are part of the Nutz family. As long as someone tries a bit and people understand him, no one cares about your english or if you make mistakes. We are not in school here. So your english is fine.

Second, why not take a few minutes, to write a little introduction about yourself here?
Just that we get to know you better. Smile

Regarding your question. 

Performance Darts Level 5 are worth a look.

Hello,

thank you very much!

I'll write an introduction during this week. I'm very happy to recieve so much reaction and friendly words under my first post! Smile
My heart is in Deutschland having been born there. Cheers buddy
Welcome to the forum
I too also like that style of dart, but not the smooth bit.
I currently throw Chris dobey phase 2 unicorn 23g darts. Not a double ring as the cross limited edition buy very grippy.
Or the designa dark thunder from darts corner have rear grip.
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights
(11-19-2018, 10:58 PM)25g-grizzly Wrote: Welcome to the forum
I currently throw Chris dobey phase 2 unicorn 23g darts.  Not a double ring as the cross limited edition buy very grippy.

Hey Grizzly, seriously looking at the Dobey Phase 2.  As I'm a rear gripper they would seem to do the trick.  I have noticed that I need a good bit of grip…how's the grip level on these?  Cheers!
(11-30-2018, 01:37 AM)GoGrey Wrote:
I currently throw Chris dobey phase 2 unicorn 23g darts.  Not a double ring as the cross limited edition buy very grippy.

Hey Grizzly, seriously looking at the Dobey Phase 2.  As I'm a rear gripper they would seem to do the trick.  I have noticed that I need a good bit of grip…how's the grip level on these?  Cheers!
Hello there GoGrey.
The grip isn't a high or as sticky as a shark style grip. But you definitely know there is grip there as the depth and the closeness of the rings create a nice purchase to push against.

I have dry hands in all weather conditions, and for me these have been the best darts I've used.

I've been playing with the dobeys exclusively since they were released. And have not had one dart slipped that I've noticed.

The design of the ring grip is such that I believe it won't allow your finger to slip, but I've never had a catch on release it's always off the fingers smoothly.(I hold the dart lightly).

The rings themselves are cut as deep as a Lewis ring but are space much closer together and the edges or square.

I was always a 25g dart thrower, when I saw the dobeys I thought the design looks perfect for me, so gave them a go
I'm glad I did as I now have 3 sets.

The black and white rings at the front I believe are just there for decoration as they are very shallow.

They do feel heavier than a 23g dart I think this may beause of the solid nose with little weight removed.

It's hard to say if they will be perfect for you but I'm very happy with them. They for me are a perfect ring grip dart and I wish these were how. Every ring grip dart felt.

Happy darting

23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights
(11-30-2018, 11:16 AM)25g-grizzly Wrote:

Hello there GoGrey.
The grip isn't a high or as sticky as a shark style grip. But you definitely know there is grip there as the depth and the closeness of the rings create a nice purchase to push against.

I have dry hands in all weather conditions, and for me these have been the best darts I've used.

I've been playing with the dobeys exclusively since they were released. And have not had one dart slipped that I've noticed.

The design of the ring grip is such that I believe it won't allow your finger to slip, but I've never had a catch on release it's always off the fingers smoothly.(I hold the dart lightly).

The rings themselves are cut as deep as a Lewis ring but are space much closer together and the edges or square.

I was always a 25g dart thrower, when I saw the dobeys I thought the design looks perfect for me, so gave them a go

The black and white rings at the front I believe are just there for decoration as they are very shallow.

They do feel heavier than a 23g dart I think this may beause of the solid nose with little weight removed.

It's hard to say if they will be perfect for you but I'm very happy with them. They for me are a perfect ring grip dart and I wish these were how. Every ring grip dart felt.

Happy darting

Cheers for that, Grizzly.  I think I'll give them a try.  Will report back on how they feel.
(11-30-2018, 03:57 PM)GoGrey Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 11:16 AM)25g-grizzly Wrote:

Hello there GoGrey.

Happy darting

Cheers for that, Grizzly.  I think I'll give them a try.  Will report back on how they feel.
Would be good to hear how you get on with them, if you decide to order them. 

Fingers crossed they feel as nice for you as they do me.
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help finding triangular barrelled darts... Christopher Burke 10 461 12-17-2019, 04:40 PM
Last Post: thet
  Help finding darts with the opposite of a scallop... Humdinger 17 1,376 09-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Humdinger
  Need help on finding a dart B1ll64te5 1 323 05-09-2018, 06:57 AM
Last Post: Rabe1
  Help finding these darts. Happyslap 10 898 01-23-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  Need help finding a new set of darts. House_darts 19 1,869 01-23-2018, 04:29 AM
Last Post: neal vanderwall
  Help finding darts for rear grip shoosh moosh 8 2,395 01-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Last Post: shoosh moosh
  Finding your perfect dart - Method in the maddness CB180 4 1,007 02-17-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Finding new Darts for me Eyebala 13 1,699 01-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Getagrip