Poll: Who will be the next PDC World Champion?
MvG
Gary Anderson
Wright, Cross, Smith, Suljovic, Gurney, Price, Whitlock
a young hotspur or an underdog
Paul Lim
[Show Results]

2019 PDC World Darts Championship Prediction Thread
Quarter Whitlock 5-4 Wright
               Barney 5-3 MvG
               Suljovic 5-2 Gurney
              Anderson 5-0 Cullen
Semi.    Whitlock 6-2 Suljovic
              Barney 6-5 Anderson
Final.    Barney 5-7 Whitlock
Winner Whitlock

Probably who will win MvG or Anderson
Wow... Whitlock looses his semi. Suljovic get a ban due to slow game, so Whitlock can play the final? Wink
[Image: aviary-image-1518806011720-01.jpg]
(11-19-2018, 11:34 AM)theblindPew Wrote: Hello Nutz,

only 4 weeks till the next Ally Pally Party will start. So i think its a good time to discuss some of this years favourites, insider tips, underdogs or just wannabe-heroes...

I personally cant see the one big favourite this year. I see MvG and G.Anderson on a par. The gap to the rest of the field isnt as big as the years before IMO.

Wright? it looks like he doesnt play his best darts at the moment, but who knows...i see him on the same level as the other players of the 2018s Premier League, except (im sorry) RvB...but i would not write off the old dutchman for such a big tournament.
Suljovic, Price, Whitlock, Gurney, Cross, Smith...all with equal chances IMO, but i dont know what to think about Cross...

Wade has played some fantastic darts the last months. Are the boys really back in town? Cool

Or some of the young hot guns? Mr. 9 darter van den Bergh? perhaps Max Hopp? Cadby? Who else?

Or can we watch how the living 64 years old legend Paul Lim will win his first WC title with 96 9-darter in a row? Big Grin

If i would have to bet my money on one player i would choose Gary Anderson.

What do you think?

I've gone with Whitlock reaching the final and beating Barney in the final 
Ik its unlikely but that would be good to see someone new

Cross won't win it hell be lucky to beat De Zwaan
Wade and Anderson are my favs to win it this year.
(12-09-2018, 10:12 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Wow... Whitlock looses his semi. Suljovic get a ban due to slow game, so Whitlock can play the final? Wink

I edited it after seeing the mistake
(12-09-2018, 10:14 PM)Luke Bower Wrote:
(12-09-2018, 10:12 PM)theblindPew Wrote: Wow... Whitlock looses his semi. Suljovic get a ban due to slow game, so Whitlock can play the final? Wink

I edited it after seeing the mistake

No mistake, think this year almost everything is possible Big Grin im really lookin forward to the tournament
[Image: aviary-image-1518806011720-01.jpg]
for me I would love to see peter wright win it he is my favourite player but to win the world title and be a force once again he needs to stick to one set of darts he has lost titles due to changing darts all the time I allways say he threw better with the euro 11 diamond coating.
gary Anderson has had a great year and I can see in the final with mvg.
I am going to go with gut feeling and say gary Anderson.
also hope to see paul lim get a 9 darter
(12-10-2018, 12:26 AM)Shane Atkin Wrote: for me I would love to see peter wright win it he is my favourite player but to win the world title and be a force once again he needs to stick to one set of darts he has lost titles due to changing darts all the time I allways say he threw better with the euro 11 diamond coating.
gary Anderson has had a great year and I can see in the final with mvg.
I am going to go with gut feeling and say gary Anderson.
also hope to see paul lim get a 9 darter

Wright should definitely stick to one set of darts, preferably his Euro 11s. He has been pretty bad this year honestly, and was terribly inconsistent. Think he should also take a look at the things he says in interviews, he just never makes any sense and those comments don't help him at all.

Gary and MVG can't meet in the final btw, they will play in the semis if both get that far
Overheard at the pub last night "I'd like to see Peter Wright win it...I dont think he will though"
(12-10-2018, 12:33 PM)codo180 Wrote: Overheard at the pub last night "I'd like to see Peter Wright win it...I dont think he will though"

I think a lot of people would, myself included..

But, I don’t really see that happening this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty safe bets, but I'm liking MVG, Anderson and Wade over the distance. MVG and Anderson for their class and Wade for his sheer Wadieness, if anyone outside of MVG or Anderson doesn't bring their a game you just know Wade will dust them. I probably have Suljović the next best shout fot similar reasons to Wade.

I think the likes of Whitlock and Smith lack the mental toughness to get it done against those 4 in big quarters/semis etc. Gurney, Cross and Price have the bottle, but I think they need to develop stronger 'b' games when they're a little off, the way an Anderson or MVG can average mid to high 90s on an off day. The lack of that leaves them vulnerable over this distance.

My two outsiders would be De Zwaan or ratasjski. They never seem too bothered or over awed.

Finally heart says Stevie B to finally have a good showing at the ally pally, would love nothing more.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Launch 2019: 4th July vanJupp 157 12,094 8 hours ago
Last Post: O C
  Red Dragon 2019 Launch predictions? Kaigen Moore 21 868 12-07-2018, 07:04 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  10-Part World Championship Preview Begins Tomorrow leon0677 4 220 12-04-2018, 01:43 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  BDO world championship 2019 JamieAT 1 158 10-28-2018, 08:01 PM
Thumbs Up News of the world championship: should it be brought back? NiteEyez 13 366 10-01-2018, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Pepperami
  Darts World Championship 2018/2019 Flying 2 220 08-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Flying Orange
  New releases...2019 Papa w 15 1,686 06-20-2018, 08:26 PM
Last Post: John_B
  Taylor v pipe World championship Ed180 10 800 06-13-2018, 08:47 AM
  World Dart Championship Tickets? DAVEISTHENAME 4 270 04-18-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: DAVEISTHENAME
Lightbulb Prem League prediction comp? JayKay 2 303 02-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: JayKay