Czech Open 2018
Karel Sedlacek is the 2018 winner. It took a few years since the last Czech player have won it. I can't see the averages now (maybe mc1958 can) but the final didn't look bad.
(11-16-2018, 10:02 PM)Phenohyte Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 09:50 PM)elevendarter Wrote: I'm in. Actually, I'm heading to the bed now. Getting up at about 3:45 so that I could catch a train at 5:14am.

I am playing in the first round at 10am. If I manage to wake up...

Good luck mate and make sure to tell us your experiences afterwards

I've got some mixed feelings of today. Overall I played my standard game. My aim was to win the first match so that I could play with the seeded player. I won a first leg of the first match easily and then my belgian opponent, out of blue, checked out 105 (25, D20, D20 - nice try). Anyway, I managed to win the first match 4:1.

After that I faced the seeded player. There was some misunderstanding though about who is playing who and at what time which resulted in a situation when I was practicing for about 15 minutes or so while the seeded player was allegedlly told by us around that it's not his turn now. I didn't know exactly who the player was at first. I was just asking anyone who came what is his name and if he's playing the next match. Mind it was about 20 minutes before the scheduled time therefore saying next match could have more meanings, especially if there were two players practicing (sometimes even three!). After no one has come in the end, the minute we should have started I went to the referee desk to find out if he is at the venue at all. He was called out. Then he came again, the same guy who had popped there already. I didn't know who he was and where he was. I just knew from the previous years that some of the seeded players were used to practice in their hotel rooms until it was the start of the match and I just waited. Most of players usually go and watch how the previous game progresses. All draws were pinned up on the wall in the hall, anyone could check it (numerous times if in doubts).
Anyway, after he got there I finished my last three darts and stepped back so that he could have a proper warm up himself. The marker sadly got it as if we're ready to start (marker was waiting there for twenty minutes as well and was happy to finally start his job).

Everyting written above I had to sum up in my head later just after I have won the match 4:3 because I was accused by that opponent that I allowed him only six practice darts and had told him that he wasn't going to play that match at first. I was quite upset of that. Maybe if I hadn't stepped back then he could have practiced more. The road to hell is paved with good intentions... After the match when I asked him why he hadn't said anything he told me that I told him to start. Or something like this. Doesn't make much sense to me even now.

The third match I lost to a czech player who had beat me once already. Not his day today but still enough to beat me. In his previous match he must have finished his last leg with something like 70 darter!! Sadly he wasn't that nervous while playing me...

I've played my fourth or fifth Czech Open already, plus I've been three or four times in Vienna and these tournaments are different to the ones I usually play. Today there were 682 registered men. Quite a big event. Two years ago I managed to end up Last 64 and hopefully I'd go further one day.

Sorry for the long story, I had to sum it up once again...
(11-17-2018, 11:07 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Karel Sedlacek is the 2018 winner. It took a few years since the last Czech player have won it. I can't see the averages now (maybe mc1958 can) but the final didn't look bad.

The final score was 6-2 to Sedlacek and his average was 86.15 - Schnier's average was 78.70
(11-18-2018, 12:13 AM)elevendarter Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 09:50 PM)elevendarter Wrote: I'm in. Actually, I'm heading to the bed now. Getting up at about 3:45 so that I could catch a train at 5:14am.

I've got some mixed feelings of today. Overall I played my standard game. My aim was to win the first match so that I could play with the seeded player. I won a first leg of the first match easily and then my belgian opponent, out of blue, checked out 105 (25, D20, D20 - nice try). Anyway, I managed to win the first match 4:1.

After that I faced the seeded player. There was some misunderstanding though about who is playing who and at what time which resulted in a situation when I was practicing for about 15 minutes or so while the seeded player was allegedlly told by us around that it's not his turn now. I didn't know exactly who the player was at first. I was just asking anyone who came what is his name and if he's playing the next match. Mind it was about 20 minutes before the scheduled time therefore saying next match could have more meanings, especially if there were two players practicing (sometimes even three!). After no one has come in the end, the minute we should have started I went to the referee desk to find out if he is at the venue at all. He was called out. Then he came again, the same guy who had popped there already. I didn't know who he was and where he was. I just knew from the previous years that some of the seeded players were used to practice in their hotel rooms until it was the start of the match and I just waited. Most of players usually go and watch how the previous game progresses. All draws were pinned up on the wall in the hall, anyone could check it (numerous times if in doubts).
Anyway, after he got there I finished my last three darts and stepped back so that he could have a proper warm up himself. The marker sadly got it as if we're ready to start (marker was waiting there for twenty minutes as well and was happy to finally start his job).

Everyting written above I had to sum up in my head later just after I have won the match 4:3 because I was accused by that opponent that I allowed him only six practice darts and had told him that he wasn't going to play that match at first. I was quite upset of that. Maybe if I hadn't stepped back then  he could have practiced more. The road to hell is paved with good intentions... After the match when I asked him why he hadn't said anything he told me that I told him to start. Or something like this. Doesn't make much sense to me even now.

The third match I lost to a czech player who had beat me once already. Not his day today but still enough to beat me. In his previous match he must have finished his last leg with something like 70 darter!! Sadly he wasn't that nervous while playing me...

I've played my fourth or fifth Czech Open already, plus I've been three or four times in Vienna and these tournaments are different to the ones I usually play. Today there were 682 registered men. Quite a big event. Two years ago I managed to end up Last 64 and hopefully I'd go further one day.

No apology I'd have read 2 pages of it. 

Your living my dream mate
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

(11-18-2018, 12:13 AM)elevendarter Wrote:

Everyting written above I had to sum up in my head later just after I have won the match 4:3 because I was accused by that opponent that I allowed him only six practice darts and had told him that he wasn't going to play that match at first. I was quite upset of that. Maybe if I hadn't stepped back then he could have practiced more. The road to hell is paved with good intentions... After the match when I asked him why he hadn't said anything he told me that I told him to start. Or something like this. Doesn't make much sense to me even now.

Well done mate and thanks for the round up. Sounds like you did well, sorry about that incident you had. Think your opponent should have came earlier and found some time to warm up himself, especially as he didn't even have a game earlier. Nevermind, don't let this distract you
Well done on a few wins elevendarter. Unfortunate that you had to deal with that incident, but forget it and look back on a good tournament.
(11-18-2018, 08:59 AM)NiteEyez Wrote: No apology I'd have read 2 pages of it. 

Your living my dream mate

(11-18-2018, 11:48 AM)Phenohyte Wrote: Well done mate and thanks for the round up. Sounds like you did well, sorry about that incident you had. Think your opponent should have came earlier and found some time to warm up himself, especially as he didn't even have a game earlier. Nevermind, don't let this distract you

(11-19-2018, 05:17 PM)180Juggalo Wrote: Well done on a few wins elevendarter. Unfortunate that you had to deal with that incident, but forget it and look back on a good tournament.

Cheers guys.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2018 BDO British Classic and Open weekend mc1958 15 1,654 09-23-2018, 07:45 PM
Last Post: kamikersie
  Belgium Open 2018 mc1958 4 691 08-05-2018, 07:15 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  England Open/National Weekend 2018 mc1958 27 2,355 06-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Welsh Open 2018 mc1958 13 1,512 05-14-2018, 11:20 PM
Last Post: TheJug
  SDA Scottish Open 2018 mc1958 17 2,229 02-19-2018, 12:11 AM
Last Post: LegoArmo
  2018 Bauhaus Dutch Open mc1958 12 1,345 02-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Ryk
  Darts Slovak Open 2018 Am@deus 11 1,675 01-22-2018, 12:30 PM