Q School 2019
(01-20-2019, 08:44 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I would tend to agree on Bunting not doing much since he moved, but Barney was on a complete downward spiral anyway so couldn't be more ruined by Target than he already was.

On top of that weren't Buntings A180 darts already made by Target? I'm sure Target didn't force him to use a set he didn't like, no way they forced him to use his Gen 2's (evident by the fact he did go back to his Gen 1's after a time). Or he could have just kept using his A180 ones with a Target logo on them just like Chizzy has done.
Hi guys

Apologies, it just feels like everyone who goes to Target suffers a major dip (Lloyd anyone)

You guys are right of course, it just feels like players success dips after the move
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

(01-20-2019, 11:44 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Hi guys

Apologies, it just feels like everyone who goes to Target suffers a major dip (Lloyd anyone)

You guys are right of course, it just feels like players success dips after the move

It's a difficult one for Target, because if they sign older players they are better for branding and are more likely to sell barrels if they are household names, but equally they are only ever likely to get worse, eg. Lloyd/Barney etc. 

If they sign loads of young players, it's not as good advertising and more of a gamble. 

I just wish they'd sign some people who didn't use boring straight ringed barrels for a change  Big Grin
I have probably been abit harsh (don't want to scupper any future endorsements, hint hunt) on Target lol
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

(01-21-2019, 12:13 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: I have probably been abit harsh (don't want to scupper any future endorsements, hint hunt) on Target lol
Nah no worries, it's obvious a number of players never found their old form when they joined Target (including Taylor and Lewis apart from a couple of tournaments). It was more the comment of "they never won anything with Target" since it wasn't true but no harm in discussing it imo.

Not a big fan of Duzza joining Target either (if it is true) since I feel they will have 80% of the field signed sometime soon if they keep picking up players.
Mikuru Suzuki and Lorraine Winstanley did okay signing to Target relatively recently - both got to the final for the 2019 World Championship Title. Neither use your run of the mill dull boring straight barrel dart either.
And Mikuru just keeps on winning. In Yokohama last weekend she managed a whopping 120+ average for the tournament...
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  Alamo White Short :: - Harrows 75μm Angelite Fights  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Does anyone have any idea what kind of financial backing players could get from Target, or any of the big brands for that matter? Obviously it is going to be different based on the reputation of the player. Just fascinated to know what kind of sponsorship players are getting as it could really make a difference to those outside the top 50 in being able to keep on the tour.
Current Darts: Pentathlon TPD T1 25g
Red Dragon Pegasus 26g
Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g
Target Vapor8 24g
Board: Blade 5 DC
180's: 3
Highest Finish: 95
Average: I wish i could even describe myself as average
Best Leg: 17 darts (i am starting to doubt this ever happened)
These are the moments I get excited about! I'm not a huge Duzza fan, but don't mind the way he plays, celebrates, etc. but again a BDO champion is joining the PDC and has the opportunity to qualify for the Worlds in their first year. This means if Duzza wins the PDC worlds in 2020 then he will become the first player to hold the BDO & PDC title at the same time!
Needless to say I will be cheering him on all year round Smile
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
Really thrilled for Duzza to get through and I reckon he showed real bottle to do so with the amount of pressure he would have been under after the last two years of will-he-won't-he.

I guess we can't know what difference preparing for and winning Lakeside had on him but it must have been considerable. It'll be really interesting to see how he goes when he is able to practice and prepare for tournaments without having to work full time.
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)