Q School 2019
Thought there was already a thread for this but can't find one.  Anyway, it seems like Duzza has now confirmed he will be at Q School in January whatever happens at Lakeside as there are no more sanctions

https://dartsnews.com/durrant-confirms-p...-lakeside/
Wow didn't think he'd go but with no sanctions i guess why not
I'm still not entirely sure if I believe him, only when I see his name on the Q school list I will. I really hope he will give it a go though.
With no sanctions or threats to give back any winnings this year then any of the players would be silly not to give it a try - if they get a card then they can play the main tour and possibly qualify for all the tv events, and if they don't get a card then they can play the challenge tour and also still play the BDO tour as well if they wanted.
After the recent Players Championship Finals and subsequent World Championship qualifier, it is now known that nearly thirty players have already lost their tour cards.

As a result they will have to go to Q-School to continue on the main PDC tour. These include players such as Andrew Gilding, Madars Razma and Jamie Caven.

This is as well as the likes of Ronnie Baxter, John Part and Richie Burnett with some more expected after the World’s. As a result PDC Q-School could prove once again to be more ruthless than ever especially with potential BDO participation.

View the full list so far below:

Johnson
Gilding
Green
Shepherd
Quantock
Caven
Razma
Hendriks
S. Taylor
Murnan
Edhouse
Hine
Bain
T. Jenkins
Burnett
Rowley
Part
McGowan
Langendorf
Baxter
Twell
Jiwa
Bryant
Groen
Darbyshire
Norman Jr
J. Brown

Taken from - https://dartsnews.com/nearly-30-players-...mpionship/
What kind of averages do you think you need to be at in order to compete at the Q? I feel like if I can ever get up comfortably in the 90s I'm gonna go over and give it a go.
(11-30-2018, 03:01 PM)codo180 Wrote: What kind of averages do you think you need to be at in order to compete at the Q? I feel like if I can ever get up comfortably in the 90s I'm gonna go over and give it a go.

If you can consistently average in the 90's then you would do ok on the tour.
Further to the list I posted above, I've just seen the following on the PDPA site which says what various players in the Worlds need to do in order to win or retain cards. Looking at it I would be surprised if Kevin Painter doesn't lose his card as well

https://www.pdpa.co.uk/pdc/wm-race-table/
You need alot more then just a 90 avg for Q-School
(11-30-2018, 03:36 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: You need alot more then just a 90 avg for Q-School
90 average would see you get a card easily. Harrington's myth that you need a 100 average to win a game in the PDC is exactly that: a myth.
I'm just watching all these tournaments and its not uncommon to see even the bigger names drop into the high 80s. I feel to make any kind of impact you need to be in the 90s with 100s potential. Keep in mind what a sharp decline there is once you slip outside the top 6-8 players.
(11-30-2018, 05:39 PM)codo180 Wrote: I'm just watching all these tournaments and its not uncommon to see even the bigger names drop into the high 80s. I feel to make any kind of impact you need to be in the 90s with 100s potential. Keep in mind what a sharp decline there is once you slip outside the top 6-8 players.
People get carried away with averages.

16 darts is 93.94
18 darts is 83.50

Quite a drop but still the same 6 visits to the board.
(11-30-2018, 05:24 PM)Darty Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 03:36 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: You need alot more then just a 90 avg for Q-School
90 average would see you get a card easily. Harrington's myth that you need a 100 average to win a game in the PDC is exactly that: a myth.

If you could achieve that average consistently against top competition, in a pressure environment.  In other words, you wouldn't be in Kansas anymore Dorthy - lol.  Regardless, the proof would be in the pudding.  If you think you have the right stuff - go for it...
(11-30-2018, 05:24 PM)Darty Wrote:

Yes a 90 avg is good i'm not talking about 100 avgs, you have to be able to handle the pressure and alot of others things, it's 4 days with 500 people trying for the same thing you are, it's totally different then playing local league
Entry details etc now confirmed

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2018/12/04/2019-...nformation