Takes ages to warm up properly
(11-15-2018, 04:40 PM)Baloos Wrote: The pressure handling thing is a skill all on it's own and for me one of the hardest. I think it's the "my team mates are depending on me to win this match/ throw well" that gets me. I'm less nervous at tournaments because I'm the only one I have to worry about...if that makes sense.  Confused

It surely does  Wink
I find i'm the same. Takes a good 30 minutes on a good day to get to where i finished up the previous day!
Hi all!

It has been a while but I wanted to share something regarding to this topic I started. I think I have found the answer to my problem and it was actually a lot easier than I thought. I am a lefty and always stood at the far left side of the oche, so my darts were entering the board in an angle. I found that when I was on fire, this position provided me with the best results. Lately I started to switch my position to a more central one and even though it cost me a bit of adjustment, I am playing much better darts now and have reduced my warming up time to about ten minutes. Now I do notice that my arm has muscle memory and the stray darts are mostly caused by cold hands/fingers rather then having to warm up my throw. I am over the moon!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warm up time JB_Fraser 10 855 09-24-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: The G
  My warm up routine The Jester 3 444 04-25-2017, 05:22 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  How long it takes to warm up Omp 9 1,138 09-29-2015, 03:57 PM
Last Post: SlingBlade
  Warm Up Advice Serial 7hriller 6 925 09-25-2015, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Chardotz
  first bad loss in ages: how to adjust mindset to move on NiteEyez 9 2,752 12-06-2013, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Getagrip