Dartboard Rotation
(11-08-2018, 08:27 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Is that some sort of high grade Velcro bud???

Genius ????

I searched this thread as I had a question.

I’ve rotated my board twice now.

But it’s been on my mind,  actually two questions, second concerning blade 5 wheels .

1st
How do You make sure the 20 and 3 are perfectly vertical ??

I have a mark above 20 on my wall that I marked when measuring centre for my bull height on my backing board, and try To keep that mark in centre of 20

It usually looks straight . Along with eyeballing it ......

2nd

I’ve noticed, sometimes after rotating, my board isn’t always 100% flat with the wall. What I mean By  this , is the upper board can be tipped forward more and lower board tipped in, or the sides are in or out more.
IS this something to avoid?

Very slightly noticeable, but it could have some effect on how the point of the darts sit or fall.

I try and keep the wheels spun out to keep the board as tight as possible to the wall. But sometimes rotating , the bottom wheel moves off the backing board a little bit, so I have to shim something behind it.
(02-25-2019, 08:16 PM)CalixNL Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
 No velcro at all. It's just stripes of some cheap carpet. And to be honest, I always put the dartboard off the wall before rotating it. It still helps though. No scratching while dragging it up. Rotating is possible too, but sometimes it may happen that the screw at the back of the dartboard could be loosened up a bit when rotating it.

As far as the proper positioning was mentioned, I don't use anything but my eyes...
(02-25-2019, 08:53 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
My bad!!! I thought it was some extreme level of genius! Like a velcro wall and backing on the board to Stick!

Good tip on checking the screw when taking board off and putting it back up.

My board is set onto a piece of plywood fastened to each side of wood frame on an brick wall.

Good to know! I have just been eye balling it as well. But at times I wondered about It!

Cheers! 

Thanks

Im on my second rotation since middle of January when I hung it up. 2 position CC

(I left your picture of board inn the reply because iwasnt sure if it’d be remembered. I will leave the, out from now on)

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
That pic reminds me of your tight ceiling clearance Calix.  BTW, when you quote, the green arrow after "wrote" is a direct link to the quoted post. So it's rarely necessary to leave the image link in place.

Look at that, a MGD guy!  Tongue

cheers...
Interesting! I never knew about the green arrow in the quotes ! Thanks!

I’m having an off day with the darts......too much on the mind....had to put them down and relax now ....less screen time also. Don’t drink beer often but if I do , I’ll take an MGD lol

Cheerios!
Great piece of kit I got to align the board is the Unicorn Boardmate - a level that sits in the double twenty. I use it after each rotation or when we bump the board accidentally.

Works perfectly and fairly inexpensive as well.
(02-26-2019, 02:54 AM)italNZ Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
And great for settling arguments league night too.  Think Crusher's got one just for that purpose. Tongue
Hmmm! I will probably have to order one online !
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God