Poll: Legend or unfullfilled
Legend
Unfullfilled
[Show Results]

Ted Hankey: legend or unfulfilled talent ?
Hi guys

Off the back of cali recent post. 

Is Hankey a great or lost talent?

Won 2 wc, thrown smoother than silk itself and yet despite being old a year or two older has won less than Durrant, Waited or Michell in recent years.

I gotta go with  unfulfilled. 

Won 2 Wc but could have won so much more. 

How he isn't a minimum of.a 5x wc is beyond me, he should be what Durrant is now  

At this point I'm saddened. Adams was about 8 years older than Hankey and playing in the Grandlam a few years ago, same with Fordham. 

Hell Hamilton is nearly 52 and he's just qualified for the BDO Worlds

Darts needs the Hankeys of the world
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

I vote for legend.

I live in Germany, but he is popular enough that i recognize him. In UK nobody will recognize me, although none of the Top 10 OoM player has ever beaten meTongue
And i think almost the whole dart world knows the count. 2x WC...
And...he has an iconic signature dart Winmau made for him.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
„Unfulfilled legend“ would be my choice.
Feel mixed on this to be a double world champion is a fantastic achievement, some great players of the past fell short at the worlds but do agree with the talent Ted has he should of won more
I went "unfulfilled" but I agree with BK that "Unfulfilled Legend" is more accurately how I feel.

I would love to see a comeback of some sort from him.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
I doubt if he'd make a mark without a big change in attitude the crowd got on his back& he played to it & like "topsy" it grew then it was all moans & groans then his illness no Idea if it was brought on by beer & fags in the latter years he was the biggest of the woe is me brigade think he's to long in the tooth to change shame he was a good player with classy throw
Even though I prefer BDO darts to PDC, personally I think he left it too late to make the switch - he should have gone over to the PDC in the early 2000's just after he won his first world title. If he had made the switch earlier I doubt he would have the financial problems he is having now.
Ted Hankey is great player
Legend - Be on your way.

He always had a menace about him and that 170 finish to win the World title... almost story book.

Actually thinking about it, I'm not too sure about his choice of walk on tune.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Legend.

Won 2 world titles. The first of which in a stronger field than the PDC version.