Useful Bobby George video for beginners.
After coming back to darts in a big way at the start of the year, and after not playing for nearly 20 years, I'm starting to finally feel like I've finally turned a corner, both with my aim and confidence.

And I'd say that it's this old Bobby George video that's really helped me. So thought I'd post a link for anyone that hasn't watched it.

https://youtu.be/6Zz_-wFF99Y

It's helped me to just think about my throw while I'm doing it, it's helped with my doubles, and I've gone from never hitting a 180 to hitting 3 in a week.

It's a fairly simple video, but the basis of it is when you're starting out, it doesn't really matter what you hit, try and throw the same way with the next two darts and group them with the first. I can generally hit treble 20's fairly regularly, but never 3 in a row. But after watching this quite a few times it always comes back to me, especially when I hit a treble 20.

Throw the same, the same movement, power, everything the same, it's not always as easy as it sounds, and it's pretty obvious really, but remembering Bobby's words when I'm throwing has really helped to improve my throw.

Sorry if it's a bit of a waffle, basically, it's really worth checking out, and as pretty much a novice it's really helped me.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk
Good advice from the 'King of Bling'.  Thought the interviewer had the beginnings of a decent throw as well - lol.  Would've been hard for a ringer to fake that snatch on his first attempt.  Rolleyes

good
Nice. Didnt know that vid. Some really good advices. +1

I like the setup of Bobbys board... Classic... But the carpet is the ugliest i have seen for a while Smile
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
Yeah I have seen that vid a few times, think its posted on the forum somewhere but well worth checking out Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
(11-02-2018, 10:32 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Yeah I have seen that vid a few times, think its posted on the forum somewhere but well worth checking out Smile
I've gone back to it a few times, I think I find the way Bobby George explains it quite calming after I've had a rubbish session!

(11-02-2018, 07:57 AM)theblindPew Wrote: Nice. Didnt know that vid. Some really good advices. +1

I like the setup of Bobbys board... Classic... But the carpet is the ugliest i have seen for a while Smile
Yeah it's a bit 70's pub carpet, I have enough of job finding my flights on my local'd carpet, let alone that one!

(11-02-2018, 02:44 PM)Boneshaker Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 10:32 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Yeah I have seen that vid a few times, think its posted on the forum somewhere but well worth checking out Smile
I've gone back to it a few times, I think I find the way Bobby George explains it quite calming after I've had a rubbish session!

I know the feeling Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
I have also seen this video. For me the best helped Phil Taylor's short dvd 5 minutes video, when I have rubbish period and I want to return to basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG_qJ8vgWU4&t=107s

Once I tried to implement most of those advices, it helped very much to return to my good level. Stance, grip and left eye dominance is my common things with Taylor.
(11-08-2018, 09:11 AM)Ivars Kubliņš Wrote: I have also seen this video. For me the best helped Phil Taylor's short dvd 5 minutes video, when I have rubbish period and I want to return to basics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG_qJ8vgWU4&t=107s

Once I tried to implement most of those advices, it helped very much to return to my good level. Stance, grip and left eye dominance is my common things with Taylor.
That's a really good little bid Ivars. Just added to my favourites. Nice one.

I will definitely check it out, did not see it before even though I search for youtube darts videos regularly Tongue
My board: Gladiator 3

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Money saving tip for beginners Trukje 9 923 06-27-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: Adams
  Darts - Beginners 3 things you must do to become a good Player *Saber* 132 58,570 06-03-2019, 04:24 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  my way for beginners part 3 nightcrawler 11 2,797 09-19-2018, 05:27 PM
Last Post: woodmagnet
  my way for beginners part2 nightcrawler 13 2,755 09-19-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Kavel
  my way for beginners part 1 nightcrawler 19 4,510 09-02-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Godfather4074
  my way for beginners part 8 nightcrawler 9 1,950 08-30-2018, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Kolby Irving
  my way for beginners part 7 nightcrawler 8 2,135 08-30-2018, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Kolby Irving
  my way for beginners part 10 nightcrawler 10 1,713 07-29-2018, 12:01 AM