Glen Durrant Interview (30-Oct-2018)
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere; if so mods please delete.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69X-dOahv3w

Good interview from Duzza.  Very open about his hopes and concerns for the immediate future.  For me this reads as his strongest suggestion he could try Q School but only if he keeps whatever winnings he has from Lakeside.

No-one could begrudge a great BDO player like him a shot at the PDC and I would say that the new people at the top, and their attitude, could make that a reality.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
He tweeted this yesterday though about the interview.

Quote:This interview was before the news today that BDO has secured a 3 year deal with Eurosport
https://twitter.com/Duzza180/status/1057335664876965889

Isn't Durrant also telling us for two years now, that he wants to play PDC, as it would be a challenge?

Sorry, but I think in the end Durrant is happy to be the big fish in BDO and take the big winner cheques and enjoy his life. No one can blame him for that, but he might just should stop talking about Q-School every year and just go there if he wants.
[Image: vVSMqoP.png]
I didn't see the follow up tweet. That does certainly add context to what he was saying.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Certainly interesting, after he said in January that he was "BDO for life" Not sure how much should we believe what he is saying now.

Anyway, I think if Glen wanted to switch, he really should have done it years ago. It seems like the Scott Waites situation all over again, he is spending his best years in the BDO. Last year when he said he wouldn't go to Q-School because he was exhausted apparently, but would have accepted a free tour card was pure comedy. That for me told that he has little ambition to play the best players, how can you not back yourself to go through Q-School as a BDO world champ and one of the best 10-15 players in the world?

I have no doubts that Durrant still has the game to be competitive. Just think that he's shown to be vulnerable under pressure, and there's no telling how he would do playing week in week out. He really should have won the Masters final, I just get the impression that his excellent game is prone to falling apart under real pressure. And we'll never know to what extent that is true, until he makes the switch.
good interview, shows he's ambitious but realistic. Nothing wrong with supporting something which has changed your life for the better, but as he says, its lacking its motivation for him.
however, £100k is a lot of motivation.
When Durrant said he was "BDO for life", did he mean his life or the BDO's??
Yeah good interview Smile
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Duzza is awesome
(10-31-2018, 11:11 AM)Phenohyte Wrote: Anyway, I think if Glen wanted to switch, he really should have done it years ago. It seems like the Scott Waites situation all over again, he is spending his best years in the BDO. Last year when he said he wouldn't go to Q-School because he was exhausted apparently, but would have accepted a free tour card was pure comedy. That for me told that he has little ambition to play the best players, how can you not back yourself to go through Q-School as a BDO world champ and one of the best 10-15 players in the world?

I don't think it's true that Duzza should have gone "years ago". He is definitely a late bloomer in the world of darts and has only been at the top of the BDO for a a couple years. I can see how he didn't want to switch before he'd won the Lakeside World Championship so that's only been 2 years. Last year would probably have been the ideal time to have switched, I won't argue with that, but he seems to think he's still throwing as well as ever (which his averages back up) so this year would also work for him if that's what he chose to do.

(10-31-2018, 11:11 AM)Phenohyte Wrote: I have no doubts that Durrant still has the game to be competitive. Just think that he's shown to be vulnerable under pressure, and there's no telling how he would do playing week in week out. He really should have won the Masters final, I just get the impression that his excellent game is prone to falling apart under real pressure. And we'll never know to what extent that is true, until he makes the switch.

As you say, no-one knows unless he makes the switch. In the BDO he has the pressure of being favourite and we don't know if or how that affects him. The pressures of the PDC would certainly be different with more good players around and the requirement to perform to get paid but again, we don't know if or how that will affect him.

It sounds as if he's been doing a lot of exbos this year which are hopefully lucrative and which could take any money pressures off him.

Anyway, all this hypothesizing is probably what leads him to say "BDO for life" and makes every interview gravitate toward The Switch.

I think age is becoming less and less relevant these days.

Webster (D) is doing better than ever and higher than ever at 50.

Gando is winning more now in late 40s than ever before. Same goes for Wright.

Misnomer that darts is a young man's game.
Darts: 21g Unicorn Taylor. Phase 1 cop
Stems: unicorn short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: http://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Durrant to the PDC Fred-180 27 4,115 05-14-2018, 04:15 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  Glen Durrant announcement katsu 17 4,006 02-09-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: The G
  Glen Durrant Wins BDO Lakeside World Professional Championship (match report) hamo 16 2,985 01-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Last Post: joeriw96
  Glen Durrant Staying At The BDO Getagrip 10 2,096 01-12-2016, 09:11 AM
Last Post: LesWallace180
  Glen Durrant: Number one seed embraces BDO favourite's tag hamo 4 945 01-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Getagrip